BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11683/10970088/blackburn-reject-sheffield-uniteds-1-5m-bid-for-darragh-lenihan

The Lenihan story. They've increased it by nearly a £750k from their starting bid.  

With 2 years left on his contract Rovers should stand firm with both the player and Sheff Utd.

As he's two players in one we should tell 'em £10m or do one.

39 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

with a month to go its likely eventually he will go for 2.5

better sooner rather than later or we will be screwed to replace

we can't afford to be last minute.com ffs

Agree, Does this mean Rovers are listening to SUFC and waiting for the right amount??

A not for sale is needed otherwise the player's head will be turning. 

58 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11683/10970088/blackburn-reject-sheffield-uniteds-1-5m-bid-for-darragh-lenihan

The Lenihan story. They've increased it by nearly a £750k from their starting bid.  

With 2 years left on his contract Rovers should stand firm with both the player and Sheff Utd.

As he's two players in one we should tell 'em £10m or do one.

Keep resisting TM. No need to sell

45 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Agree, Does this mean Rovers are listening to SUFC and waiting for the right amount??

A not for sale is needed otherwise the player's head will be turning. 

Like we did for Mulgrew you mean.

It couldn't be any clearer. Bid comes in for Mulgrew and we give a statement saying we turned it down, and do not welcome any more. The matter is now closed. Yet there is clearly encouragement from somewhere for the repeated bids for Lenihan, added to the lack of similar statement. Sooner or later, if they keep bidding, they will tickle the interest of the organ grinders. 

6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

As good as a signing Ripley might be, effectively signing him doesn't really do anyone many favours.

Either Raya or Ripley will be sat on the bench, getting no time (which they both need) or they rotate, potentially messing up the team by not having a consistent keeper in net and neither player getting enough consistent game time to gain any kind of form.

Potentially, next summer, whichever one ends up on the bench this season will be looking for the exit, meaning we have to go through the whole process again.

Or you have two young hungry keepers desperate for the shirt putting in outstanding performance to keep it knowing one bad game you could lose your place

8 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Doom and gloom for no reason. Both will be here and playing at Southend

Yes but the transfer window will still have time to run!

Nobody on here can say for sure but anyone who fears the worst has Venky experience on their side.

29 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

Like we did for Mulgrew you mean.

It couldn't be any clearer. Bid comes in for Mulgrew and we give a statement saying we turned it down, and do not welcome any more. The matter is now closed. Yet there is clearly encouragement from somewhere for the repeated bids for Lenihan, added to the lack of similar statement. Sooner or later, if they keep bidding, they will tickle the interest of the organ grinders. 

I think he's long been ear marked as the next out in the asset sales as at the moment he's the only real one left. His sale will cover the outs and leave  a bit for the pockets if they play it right and sell late as poss.

I'd say it's the only reason they've shelled out in advance, hopefully well get someone in on loan to cover before the inevitable.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Is it just me that thinks 1.5 million is a very fair offer for darragh and if the money can be invested worth considering 

I think it's more than he's worth and surprised it's not been accepted and swindled like the norm.

Is it just me that thinks 1.5 million is a very fair offer for darragh and if the money can be invested worth considering 

Paltry offer imo given the crazy market for young home grown players and a lad who can fill a couple of different positions.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

His sale will cover the outs and leave  a bit for the pockets if they play it right and sell late as poss.

Bang on the money. And for me, those who think the lack of a sale so far is a good sign will be in for a big disappointment. The only reason the sale always comes late is to maximise the amount scraped in. It certainly does nothing on a football level. It always happens. The rug will be pulled from under Mowbray, and hey presto, Darragh disappearo!! 

I'd bloody love us to be proved wrong. As all the pessimists would. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh come on, he is worth more than 1.5 million. Are people genuinely complaining that we haven't accepted that offer? He has been at the club for years is only 23 and will get better. Be ludicrous to sell him for that 

If we are going to produce academy players then offski them for that kind of money when they've proven useful and will improve it's all a bit pointless really.  Wouldn't pay for the academy for one year that he should have a minimum price that should at least cover the running of the thing for a year or two.

There is a possibility he's after a move because he's on the verge of International scene full time and managers like them playing as high level as possible though but still he should be told tough tits unless the money is right.

End of the day it'll be out of his hands though as we know who really has the final say.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Paltry offer imo given the crazy market for young home grown players and a lad who can fill a couple of different positions.

Don't get me wrong , I really like the lad and he's done a steady job over the season but to put into perspective, this isn't the crazy premier league money this is league 1. Attacking players by comparison cost more than defensive ones. If you take into consideration age , games played , contract length , Bradley dack cost half of the 1.5 million that's been offered. That's two Bradley dacks for one darragh. Seems a very fair offer to me. Darraghs a good player and will be a loss if he went now but the next Rio he ain't and I believe if allowed then we could strengthen two positions with more than adequate replacements. If the money isn't to be re invested then it's a no for me to.

Don't get me wrong , I really like the lad and he's done a steady job over the season but to put into perspective, this isn't the crazy premier league money this is league 1. Attacking players by comparison cost more than defensive ones. If you take into consideration age , games played , contract length , Bradley dack cost half of the 1.5 million that's been offered. That's two Bradley dacks for one darragh. Seems a very fair offer to me. Darraghs a good player and will be a loss if he went now but the next Rio he ain't and I believe if allowed then we could strengthen two positions with more than adequate replacements. If the money isn't to be re invested then it's a no for me to.

Fair points but he has proved it at Champ level and is on the verge of the International team so that adds a bit of weight also as you say he's a young lad who's been given his chance here and he isn't a multi million pound big wages Prem player. So if he's foot stamping they should stand firm with him they can stand his wages if he ends up on the bench early season if he's pulling his face because he wasn't let go cheap.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Fair points but he has proved it at Champ level and is on the verge of the International team so that adds a bit of weight also as you say he's a young lad who's been given his chance here and he isn't a multi million pound big wages Prem player. So if he's foot stamping they should stand firm with him they can stand his wages if he ends up on the bench early season if he's pulling his face because he wasn't let go cheap.

True however would you want a half hearted darragh that next summer has one year left on his contract so worth half a million max or the money now and get Bogle and a centre back

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

True however would you want a half hearted darragh that next summer has one year left on his contract so worth half a million max or the money now and get Bogle and a centre back

Aye If it was to work like that fair enough, I still want 2/3 mill before add ons though :)

Archived