BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

I mean to be pedantic, and it was 7.30pm according to Deadline Day Diary-_-

Just can't get the posters...

And you believe them? Fool. It's posters like you that swallow the Venky propaganda whole and then asks them for the recipe. YOU let then get away with it. Enabler!! Did you actually bother to ask yourself why 'they' said it was.7.30pm, when it was quite clearly 7.03pm? No? Well, maybe you should bl00dy well should.

I don't know how you sleep. 

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul said:

Towards the end of game I experienced the flutter of pride, a welling of emotion which used to be so common for me. Yes it's League One but it's still Rovers with a decent win, a decent atmosphere and a tinge of hope.

Me too. I was welling up a bit at the end. To look around and see passionate fans singing the managers name, to see players on the pitch putting a shift in and actually looking like they wanted to be there, and to see a mutual appreciation between fans manager and players at the end was a joy to see. Days like those have been very rare over the last 7 years.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

That was a long way from my expectation of my first game of the season. An expectation I based solely on the opinions expressed here. I had anticipated yet another afternoon of awful football and abject misery. 

Unless you went you will never know how bad we were. What you read on here could never do justice to the cowardly garbage on display that day.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

This is a very good post. Thanks for understanding and summarising how I, and other fans feel, about today's position.

This is not the thread for this discussion but I will make one further remark. The MK Dons game was remarkable for the lack of audible negativity in the crowd. This had a big impact on me and my enjoyment of the game. Towards the end of game I experienced the flutter of pride, a welling of emotion which used to be so common for me. Yes it's League One but it's still Rovers with a decent win, a decent atmosphere and a tinge of hope.

That was a long way from my expectation of my first game of the season. An expectation I based solely on the opinions expressed here. I had anticipated yet another afternoon of awful football and abject misery. 

The difference in the first two home games was the performance on the pitch.

The fan reaction was merely a response to both.

You're an intelligent bloke, I find it hard to believe that your judgement is influenced that much by people on this board, and you can't see this.

21 hours ago, Biz said:

I'm glad I don't live in this "a vs b" world you are referencing, and is there a way you can post a retort without making another sweeping generalisation of a group of fans? The "lets move on" fans? Are you joking?

Ofcourse hating venkys and supporting rovers isn't mutually exclusive - it's not me who see's things in such black and white terminology, the point remains - to instantly expect Charlie to move on in January, despite what's previously been discussed is just ridiculous, and no strangely worded long winded analogy is going to change that.

Finally, the italic part. What do you want to do about that? What do you want me to do about that? Is accepting this as gospel the key to becoming "one of the boys" Stuart? I'm flabbergasted that discussion cannot be had without re-reference to something we are all FULLY aware of, on its own individual merit.

Who've we got in cup? Doesn't matter, venkys out. Who's that young lad signed a new contract? Doesn't matter, venkys out. Who's that new striker we've signed? Doesn't matter, venkys out. Do you think we will win on Saturday? Doesn't matter, venkys out.

Rinse, Repeat.

Funny that you always see yourself in my generalised comments. Yet you always become very personal in your responses. Believe me, I am not "one of the boys", I have my own opinions.

Question: do you want Rovers fans to 'move on' from - or simply ignore and stop talking about - the Venkys issue, or do you want them to do 'something', however futile 'something' may seem?

2 hours ago, Paul said:

This is a very good post. Thanks for understanding and summarising how I, and other fans feel, about today's position.

This is not the thread for this discussion but I will make one further remark. The MK Dons game was remarkable for the lack of audible negativity in the crowd. This had a big impact on me and my enjoyment of the game. Towards the end of game I experienced the flutter of pride, a welling of emotion which used to be so common for me. Yes it's League One but it's still Rovers with a decent win, a decent atmosphere and a tinge of hope.

I am trying to work out why there should be negativity expected from Rovers fans at a game where we score first after 2 minutes or so, are never behind and finish comfortably.

I know I am stating the obvious but add to that that those Rovers fans in the ground had paid and wanted to be there.

Did you really expect a Rovers win to be met with hostility from attending Rovers fans? Please give them more credit than that.

• Moderation Lead

I'll be honest, I find these 'all hail Venky's then' comments absolutely embarrassing. People throwing their toys out of the pram because other posters' views don't completely align with their own.

It'a a good job in every other circumstance in life, you won't have to deal with differing views....

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Funny that you always see yourself in my generalised comments. Yet you always become very personal in your responses. Believe me, I am not "one of the boys", I have my own opinions.

Question: do you want Rovers fans to 'move on' from - or simply ignore and stop talking about - the Venkys issue, or do you want them to do 'something', however futile 'something' may seem?

I don't have to see myself as part of it, to find it a little ridiculous. The post wasn't personal either, it was content based. If you don't want me to criticise the way you've chosen to word your content, perhaps be more self aware of summing up others opinions under a guise like "the let's move on" fans. 

In response to your question, I don't think it's possible to move on from them if they own the club - but I don't think their ownership or the last 7 years should permeate every single discussion about Blackburn Rovers 17/18. 

What would I want the fans to do? Venkys or no venkys, get in the ground, support the team on the pitch and make your feelings known before during and after. People disagree, that's fine - we all have individualised opinions, not general "oh he's part of that lot".

Just now, Biz said:

What would I want the fans to do? Venkys or no venkys, get in the ground, support the team on the pitch and make your feelings known before during and after.

Interesting you think that, particularly people making their [anti-Venkys] feeling known during the match, because a lot of those who agree with most of your posts, would disagree very strongly indeed.

In fact, part of the reason for NAPM is the reaction of fellow fans to exactly that, I.e. blaming that for the team's failings in the pitch.

The reality is that things have gone very quiet indeed at Ewood. Except when we score a couple or concede a couple.

Not sure if this has already been posted but just sums up the stupidity of deadline day and the greed of agents who think they can blackmail clubs because of it. All wonderful for the Sky TV viewer but has made a lot of opportunists very rich indeed.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2730888-a-day-in-the-life-of-sheffield-united-boss-chris-wilder-on-transfer-deadline-day

14 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Thanks for sharing briansol.  Great insight into the nonsense that goes on with greedy agents adding their bit at the end. It is a shame that players don't take greater control of what they really want and where they really want to play. 

Still, if the player wanted it so badly surely he could have paid the difference to the agent.  

Did I understand that right everything was agreed and worked out then out of nowhere comes a 50% hike in the agents cut?

They really are a scourge.  When I moved out here there were no agents in Football but they had em here for all sports and all they did is continue to push up players wages.  Using stats to back up their claims of a players worth, well Jo Blow had so many points and rebounds my player had more so pay him more than Jo Blow it's a sickening upward spiral.

They are bad for any sport hiding their own greed behind the mask of wanting the best for their client.  Hate em just hate em.

Maybe us regular working stiffs can get agents for us.

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:51, Athlete said:

Correct stu this MB is getting more pro venkys by the day 

clearly a load of old tosh as nobody on here is this, just people have different views to yourself, clearly if you don't like them don't come on here or go on a different Rovers fans site

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

The difference in the first two home games was the performance on the pitch.

The fan reaction was merely a response to both.

You're an intelligent bloke, I find it hard to believe that your judgement is influenced that much by people on this board, and you can't see this.

My judgement isn't influenced by the MB. I said my expectation was very different from what I saw. That expectation was based on the negative response on here. It didn't influence my view of the performance which I felt was very positive.

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am trying to work out why there should be negativity expected from Rovers fans at a game where we score first after 2 minutes or so, are never behind and finish comfortably.

I know I am stating the obvious but add to that that those Rovers fans in the ground had paid and wanted to be there.

Did you really expect a Rovers win to be met with hostility from attending Rovers fans? Please give them more credit than that.

I'm going to ask if you are able to attend games at Ewood? The only reason for the question is your user name which suggests you may not be able to.

There were many games last season, by far the majority in my view, when the atmosphere in the ground, regardless of the score, felt negative. On some occasions we could be leading or have just scored and anti-Venkys chants would begin. If you're unable to attend through geography you would not experience the atmosphere. Last season fans had also paid to be there.

I fully understand why the atmosphere was so negative last season.  This is the reason I commented on the positive atmosphere. I did comment in the match thread "entering Ewood for the first time this season was a sobering experience." The crowd at 2.55 looked minuscule.

20 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I'll be honest, I find these 'all hail Venky's then' comments absolutely embarrassing. People throwing their toys out of the pram because other posters' views don't completely align with their own.

It'a a good job in every other circumstance in life, you won't have to deal with differing views....

It's annoying, if anyone says anything positive they are labelled as Venky lovers, apologists whatever.  I have despised them since they first trapped, even before they secured our demise.  One look at Barry Bling was enough for me to fear the worst, yet should I mention being happy with the window or offer a well done then all of a sudden I must love em.  Ridiculous.

Oh and please.someone spell out what NAPM is, probably not knowing will make me a Venkyist, just want to know what it means so I can understand the posts a bit better.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, USABlue said:

It's annoying, if anyone says anything positive they are labelled as Venky lovers, apologists whatever.  I have despised them since they first trapped, even before they secured our demise.  One look at Barry Bling was enough for me to fear the worst, yet should I mention being happy with the window or offer a well done then all of a sudden I must love em.  Ridiculous.

Oh and please.someone spell out what NAPM is, probably not knowing will make me a Venkyist, just want to know what it means so I can understand the posts a bit better.

Not A Penny More. Blackpool fans were the first to coin it as far as I can tell.

12 hours ago, Paul said:

I'm going to ask if you are able to attend games at Ewood? The only reason for the question is your user name which suggests you may not be able to.

There were many games last season, by far the majority in my view, when the atmosphere in the ground, regardless of the score, felt negative. On some occasions we could be leading or have just scored and anti-Venkys chants would begin. If you're unable to attend through geography you would not experience the atmosphere. Last season fans had also paid to be there.

I fully understand why the atmosphere was so negative last season.  This is the reason I commented on the positive atmosphere. I did comment in the match thread "entering Ewood for the first time this season was a sobering experience." The crowd at 2.55 looked minuscule.

No, I have not been inside Ewood since we lost 0-4 to MC in Oct 2011.

I had been against Venkys from day one and all that has followed a living nightmare.

It's not a full blown NAPM stance, if I lived back in UK I would attend games.......reserving the right to protest the ownership/management but I'm not into booing players.

Previously and for years I did up to 3 trips back a year to see games.

Prior to that a tegular on Ewood during 60s to late 80s, ironically a couple of years prior to the PL era, when I moved permanently abroad.

I have been on Ewood on plenty of good and bad days but then we did not have the Pune vermin infestation.

I am pleased that you had a good matchday experience v MKD and wish many many more on all of us. 

23 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Yep. I find this embarrassing too. However, it's incredibly frustrating when you are discussing some of the happenings at the club only to be met with a wall of 'silence' if you will. How many times has there been a discussion on how the club operates just for somebody to retort 'anyway, back to...' and thus completely dismiss a valid point. Ultimately whatever happens at this club will eventually result back to the owners and their advisers. It's an unfortunate turn of events that talk of our owners has become this toxic "us vs you" subject within our fan base.

A few examples of this come about both in this topic and the transfers thread. Most will agree that this window has been a success in terms of outgoings but in terms of incomings it hasn't been good. It's been acceptable but not good. Now, on the one hand you'll have the anti-Venkys posters chastising them and blaming them entirely for this. On the other you'll have the "anti anti-Venkys" who will say it has been nothing short of a success and big up every player we have brought in. Stuck in the middle are the posters that can see through both sides, stating that it hasn't been an unequivocal success relative to others' but, relative to our windows under Venkys, it has been. These portion of fans are ignored and unable to have a discussion without either having "NAPM" shoved down our throats or sarcastic, rather boring comments, about how we've once again brought Venkys into the discussion. As if we should conveniently forget we are owned by some of the worst owners in England and spend 100+ pages doing our best not to mention them which, as stated, is pretty much impossible because every decision comes back to their ownership.

We have no board member with the football knowledge like John Williams had to oversee player recruitment - Venkys fault.

We have no direct communication with owners to enable quick, efficient transfer dealings - Venkys fault.

We have had disastrous transfer windows in which we've recruited poorly, sold our best players and recruited awful coaching staff - board of directors fault, hired by Venkys.

Do you see where I am going? If we can't be allowed to mention their names without being attacked from both sides how can we have meaningful debate? Whenever I see a decent discussion brewing it's ruined by a handful of posters.

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Yep. I find this embarrassing too. However, it's incredibly frustrating when you are discussing some of the happenings at the club only to be met with a wall of 'silence' if you will. How many times has there been a discussion on how the club operates just for somebody to retort 'anyway, back to...' and thus completely dismiss a valid point. Ultimately whatever happens at this club will eventually result back to the owners and their advisers. It's an unfortunate turn of events that talk of our owners has become this toxic "us vs you" subject within our fan base.

A few examples of this come about both in this topic and the transfers thread. Most will agree that this window has been a success in terms of outgoings but in terms of incomings it hasn't been good. It's been acceptable but not good. Now, on the one hand you'll have the anti-Venkys posters chastising them and blaming them entirely for this. On the other you'll have the "anti anti-Venkys" who will say it has been nothing short of a success and big up every player we have brought in. Stuck in the middle are the posters that can see through both sides, stating that it hasn't been an unequivocal success relative to others' but, relative to our windows under Venkys, it has been. These portion of fans are ignored and unable to have a discussion without either having "NAPM" shoved down our throats or sarcastic, rather boring comments, about how we've once again brought Venkys into the discussion. As if we should conveniently forget we are owned by some of the worst owners in England and spend 100+ pages doing our best not to mention them which, as stated, is pretty much impossible because every decision comes back to their ownership.

We have no board member with the football knowledge like John Williams had to oversee player recruitment - Venkys fault.

We have no direct communication with owners to enable quick, efficient transfer dealings - Venkys fault.

We have had disastrous transfer windows in which we've recruited poorly, sold our best players and recruited awful coaching staff - board of directors fault, hired by Venkys.

Do you see where I am going? If we can't be allowed to mention their names without being attacked from both sides how can we have meaningful debate? Whenever I see a decent discussion brewing it's ruined by a handful of posters.

I see where you are going, all right.

Someone dismantled our prize family home with a bulldozer, but they have now bought us a nice garden shed!

Am I grateful?

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I see where you are going, all right.

Someone dismantled our prize family home with a bulldozer, but they have now bought us a nice garden shed!

Am I grateful?

No. Which is exactly my point. We shouldn't be forced to be grateful by those that seek to eradicate any discussion on previous decisions by Venkys.

Likewise, we should be allowed to discuss the positives of the present without the "all hail Venkys" comments.

There's a middle ground that some posters have found and others simply haven't.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

No. Which is exactly my point. We shouldn't be forced to be grateful by those that seek to eradicate any discussion on previous decisions by Venkys.

Likewise, we should be allowed to discuss the positives of the present without the "all hail Venkys" comments.

There's a middle ground that some posters have found and others simply haven't.

But I do love the garden shed lol

Archived