BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS VS WIGAN

Just now, Bluebarley said:

I don't know about that dropped 5 against Oldham & Plymouth the knives were out beat Wigan unfavourable results against Walsall & bury he will be back in the brown stuff with some supporters. I think if he laid a golden egg some people still wouldn't be convinced regarding his setup & tactics.

What? 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What? 

I think he means:- 

- We dropped 5 points against Oldham & Plymouth
- If...we beat Wigan
- and then...lose/draw against Walsall & Bury = anger towards TM

- Finally, if TM won 46 games = Some Rovers fans still wouldn't rate TM

28 minutes ago, BenRTID said:

- If...we beat Wigan

Good translation, have to admit i was struggling...no offence BB.

Anyway, of course there would be anger should we beat Wigan and then lose/draw both those games. Top two were his own targets and he has even said he "would not be much of a manager if he could not get this squad promoted". Top 2 was the target and we are well short of that right now - so we have to be taking points away from teams like Wigan because they are certainly not slowing up anywhere else.

Despite our best performance of the season last weekend I am still far from convinced. Perform like that on a regular basis, close the gap to the top two and I will be happy. Just dont see it - how we line up and play against Wigan will have a major impact on our season. Win there, we make a statement, close the gap a little and our lads should be full of confidence. Lose and its playoffs at best for us im afraid.

43 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

I don't know about that dropped 5 against Oldham & Plymouth the knives were out beat Wigan unfavourable results against Walsall & bury he will be back in the brown stuff with some supporters. I think if he laid a golden egg some people still wouldn't be convinced regarding his setup & tactics.

What's a golden egg got to do with anything?

Similarly it's not just the loss of 5 points either.

Any promotion chasing team need to consistently play well, dominate but may have an odd off day in the process. We have flattered to deceive so far this season and certainly haven't lived up to pre-season promotion favourites.

I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of Rovers fans are willing Mowbray to be successful but similarly despair and question some of his choices, why do you see it differently?

46 minutes ago, BenRTID said:

- If...we beat Wigan

Irrespective of who we beat it's still three points. The points total will determine our league position and where we finish. Mowbray will be judged on that, not where the points came from.

1 hour ago, BenRTID said:

- If...we beat Wigan

Thanks, pretty straightforward when you read it.

Don't wish to get into another argument. My feelings should be well known I'm pro TM, I just sometimes get the impression that certain people give Tony a rough trot, when the bloke is trying his best maybe it's me overreacting as i am to my own admission bias to TM, as I believe he's a good manager. Edited this post as I didn't want to rebuff as I've already said if it's pragmatic I will engage & your response was pragmatic hence the further explanation.

See the club through the local rag using Nyambe the liability full back to make comments about the fourth coming Rovers v Wigan fixture. Just hope Wigan don't have a strong left hand side to their team.

Another must win game for Mowbray !

13 hours ago, JAL said:

See the club through the local rag using Nyambe the liability full back to make comments about the fourth coming Rovers v Wigan fixture. Just hope Wigan don't have a strong left hand side to their team.

Another must win game for Mowbray !

Really don't understand your hatred of Nyambe JAL. Whats he done that warrants your unrelenting criticism?

I can see the arguement of those saying this is a ‘must not lose’ but I do hope that Mowbray doesn’t shuffle his pack as I’d prefer we go after them for a much needed 3 points. 

We’re really going to have to watch this lot on set pieces. Guessing it will be Mulgrew on Burn and that will be a huge job in itself!

COYB

Wigan 0 Rovers 1

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Really don't understand your hatred of Nyambe JAL. Whats he done that warrants your unrelenting criticism?

It's not hatred it's about ability wanting him to better than he is. If you want to accept third fourth best then fine the thousands of empty seats don't.

'Over 2000 sold' according to club's Twitter.

Thought this would be the game that would struggle to sell in comparison to some of the games with a novelty factor. It's a regular away trip, with Oldham just gone and Bury/Blackpool not far away.

Selling on the day, so hopefully we'll push towards 2500 by KO.

Archived