BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

As much as I don't like the German National Team, for making the finals if not actually winning the Cup, they have had the most, include semi-final appearances but it'd be hard to point to specific stars that light up the field.

Europeans have had the much better of the World Cup since after 2002 when Brazil last won, the recent Euros then, should be seen as close to the World Cup, South Americans have not won it in 16 years. For awhile, SA was having the good run.

Edited by Audax

1-1 yeah, flagrant handball by France, it washes out.... Oz converts PK in case anyone is not following live. We've got a good game now, I wasn't sure how this tournament might go... quality matches.

Edited by Audax

• Backroom

I thought it was a clear penalty and the ball wasn’t touched 

I am watching sans glasses mind 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

I thought it was a clear penalty and the ball wasn’t touched 

Agreed. It was the second foot which brought down a player with a clear run on goal. In the recent past that would have been a red card too. Glad it just results in a goal nowadays and the game isn’t ruined.

Just now, roverandout said:

Mark lawrenson is about as interesting to listen to as a being at boring mans convention

Give my regards to [insert poster here] next time you are there. :lol: 

He’s still better than Murphy. My beef with the Preston hairdresser is that his football opinions are stuck in 1981.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Agreed. It was the second foot which brought down a player with a clear run on goal. In the recent past that would have been a red card too. Glad it just results in a goal nowadays and the game isn’t ruined.

He slides in and gets a slight nick on the ball. Therefore it's not a penalty. 

Dont forget that VAR is only to be used to overturn the on pitch decision if it's a "clear and obvious error".

Refs had a bit of a 'mare there.

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom
Just now, Hasta said:

He slides in and gets a slight nick on the ball. Therefore it's not a penalty. 

Dont forget that VAR is only to be used to overturn the on pitch decision if it's a "clear and obvious error".

Refs had a bit of a 'mare there.

A slight nick but not enough to win the ball, The forward had it again before being brought down. 

Penalty in real time but maybe the wrong use of VAR to overturn the original decision