BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, JacknOry said:

its the title mainly -

LATEST NEWS: Peterborough United accept a million-pound bid for a League One player

The tweet said nothing of a million pound bid.

But yeah, 3 or 4 players tops could be worth a mil or more.

True, the headline is strange, unless they know more than they are letting on :) 

Makes me wonder, how many of our players are worth more than a million? mmm...

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

True, the headline is strange, unless they know more than they are letting on :) 

Makes me wonder, how many of our players are worth more than a million? mmm...

Peterborough play hardball and always overprice their players. Would Edwards really be worth more than what we paid for Dack last season? Probably not but that is the sort of figure they will want.

For me, the following are million+ players for us:

Dack

Mulgrew

Lenihan

Raya

Graham

Bennett

Tip: Dont use Transfermkt as they have seriously undervalued some of our players - Dack has the same market value as Evans apparently.

• Backroom

Rich ‘Party Pooper’ Sharpe says there’s no Rovers interest in Edwards 

No #Rovers interest in Peterborough's Gwion Edwards, I'm told.

Edited by Tom

18 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Peterborough play hardball and always overprice their players. Would Edwards really be worth more than what we paid for Dack last season? Probably not but that is the sort of figure they will want.

For me, the following are million+ players for us:

Dack

Mulgrew

Lenihan

Raya

Graham

Bennett

Tip: Dont use Transfermkt as they have seriously undervalued some of our players - Dack has the same market value as Evans apparently.

Ya, I agree with those. I would add Williams and Smallwood as well though. Makes a change from the season we went down when I couldn't identify any

13 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Posh Chairman taking the piss out of another of Nixon's exclusives.

Posh have had a bid accepted for some Irish lad called Forrester.

Big money for Edwards turned down in January. But then he would say that!

I would say of all players to move from league of Ireland Forrester looked one of the most talented. I had actually forgotten about his until last season. When he played in Ireland he was a striker and scorer of spectacular goals, next thing I see he is playing as a deep lying midfielder for Peterborough. Interested to see where he goes. I think he was the captain there too

Even that article did not mention the right back as being someone who could fetch a million - no wonder their fans are happy as they would have been thinking Marriot, Maddison and Edwards.

21 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/joe-rothwell.929/

OUFC forum thread on Rothwell.

Nixon 11 O Clocker tonight

Sharpe to deny it tomorrow.

Is there really a debate as to whether we are a bigger club than them? good to see they have some loons on their forum too 

One mentions that he didn't nail down a starting spot there, is that true I wonder? 

Another says he has injury issues. That is something that could be fixed by moving to a bigger and better club with upgraded facilities I suppose 

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Queue the

"He is only signing it so Venkys can put a release clause in! FFS , who is his agent" 

brigade 

No such brigade really exists, to be fair. It's only ever JAL who queries the identity of players' agents. 

Strange really, when the device he's posting on has access to a well-known search engine which could provide the answer to the question so it doesn't need to be checked on here...... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

The website is called "sportsmole", pull yourself together ffs 

But the story has come from the Birmingham Mail. We are all keen to chat about any names mentioned as possible transfers by the LT, so there may well be something in it. 

I was talking to Josh Murphy from Norwich's mum yesterday, she was saying that both Cardiff and Middlesbrough have offered 12 million for him. His agents are going to release the story to Sky tomorrow in an attempt to entice other clubs. Just shows what goes on that we don't hear about for weeks after. My advice was choose Middlesbrough or wait for Fulham. And if neither of those floated his boat then a loan deal at Ewood should work.