BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The timing is that the summer transfer window is open. He has had a great season. Did you not think clubs would be interested? Or did you expect them to wait until his contract negotiations were over? 

What leads to your suspicion of Cardiff over other clubs? 

Again - "of course", bound to happen. My point was it's a convenient time to link him with a couple of relegated Premier League clubs, and one heading up, for his agent to be able to say "look our Bradley could be playing in the Prem let's add £10k a week to that offer of yours". 

Cardiff; they've just gone up and will struggle to recruit the big names vs Fulham and Wolves and so would be the most likely to take a chance on lower league talent. 

34 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Again - "of course", bound to happen. My point was it's a convenient time to link him with a couple of relegated Premier League clubs, and one heading up, for his agent to be able to say "look our Bradley could be playing in the Prem let's add £10k a week to that offer of yours". 

Cardiff; they've just gone up and will struggle to recruit the big names vs Fulham and Wolves and so would be the most likely to take a chance on lower league talent. 

Or maybe they are all genuinely interested in him. It's convenient timing, but it was inevitable it would happen. 

Is this journalist reputable does anyone know? I don't listen to talksport. Is it basically a radio version of the sun? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, ewoodpo said:

@Mrgeoffpeters has posted below on his Twitter feed. 

Premier League new boys Cardiff plus Middlesbrough and West Brom are among the clubs interested in signing Blackburn's Bradley Dack.

The £6m-rated midfielder helped Rovers win promotion to the Championship and was voted League One player of the season.

£6m might get you his beard but thats about all.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Where did you read that? That doesnt add up. Fulham are in the premiership and Sunderland are in league 1

Been in all the papers hows it not add up league one teams try and get Scottish players all the time for free

Sunderland have a Scots boss are a massive club nearer Scotland of coarse there gonna put there hat in the ring for him

Fulham were looking before they got promoted might still be one of the corner stones of there team played in league below for Dundee McDonald

Of coarse there gonna look at the Scottish market same as teams abroad in Italy and Germany do for our players

2 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Been in all the papers hows it not add up league one teams try and get Scottish players all the time for free

Sunderland have a Scots boss are a massive club nearer Scotland of coarse there gonna put there hat in the ring for him

Fulham were looking before they got promoted might still be one of the corner stones of there team played in league below for Dundee McDonald

Of coarse there gonna look at the Scottish market same as teams abroad in Italy and Germany do for our players

My point wasn't that those clubs wouldn't look at players in Scotland, my point was that I don't see Fulham being interested because they are a premier league team and I would expect them to aim higher than McGeuoch. Sunderland are a league 1 team, so I can't see him going there with so much championship interest. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We dont know what offers have been made to any players do we? 

Mowbray keeps it out of media and doesnt link owt. 

Agreed so suggesting that McGeough will be our first signing has nothing behind it 

Just now, Dryhorse said:

So your saying Scottish players are not good enough for EPL

Typical English arrogance especially since you guys are lucky if you have watched him more than twice

Bigdog is Irish. ;)

• Moderation Lead
11 minutes ago, Gladwingone said:

NO THIRD DIVISION PLAYERS

NO SCOTTISH OR IRISH PUB LEAGUE PLAYERS

46 games to reach the play offs. THAT is THE expectation.

We need to bring in Championship or PL quality players and soon.

Just a reminder that Mulgrew and Graham were in the side which were relegated. We then added some good quality 3rd division players and got promoted from the 3rd division.

We now need to assemble a squad which is FAR superior to the one which was relegated.

Maybe for you. Meanwhile, over here in the real world......

Seriously though, we'd need to spend a lot of cash even getting to that level.

• Like 1

Leeds Forrest Villa all fell to the wayside once they stopped signing Scots and we as a national team dipped off around 98 cos of it

Fact of the matter is you need as as much as we need you when it comes to fitbaw

Look at all your winners Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool Ispwich you will find Scots 

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting. Definitely worth a look in and around that price range. I would hope he wouldn't be our main striking target though. I'm surprised to read he is 24 as I hadn't heard much about him before this year. 

My god he fair robbed Lenihan of a debut goal Saturday against the states. Did any of you see that? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

Typical English arrogance especially since you guys are lucky if you have watched him more than twice

No, again not what I am saying. I am saying that I would imagine Fulham have their heights set on targets other than this specific player now that they are in the premiership. 

Please dont call me English, I don't care about the arrogance bit ?

We will see were he ends up but with the solid amount of Scots stepping up out the championship this year you may be wrong

1 hour ago, Gladwingone said:

Just a reminder that Mulgrew and Graham were in the side which were relegated. We then added some good quality 3rd division players and got promoted from the 3rd division.

We now need to assemble a squad which is FAR superior to the one which was relegated.

So when are we going to get the £20m+ needed to overhaul our squad and challenge the relegated teams' financial power? And it is about finding the right players in those leagues. Players like Damien Duff,  Tugay, Delli Alli or Jamie Vardy.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Two Goals in 36 league games for Notts County in league 2, hope we are looking for better than him. He might have scored a few goals in Ireland but its not exactly a great league.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Two Goals in 36 league games for Notts County in league 2, hope we are looking for better than him. He might have scored a few goals in Ireland but its not exactly a great league.

No need for him imo when the likes of Nuttall are in the wings, is he better than that ? 

Quality needed now for this squad whereas often in the past it's just been about getting quantity in to fill it up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Any player can have a bad run. Particularly when going playing in another country and league. 

In fairness maguire who went to Preston looked like he could step up before coming over, you could see there was something about him, Burke I'm not so sure of. 

To be honest though, I think that article is the definition of a 3 club rule one. I don't see how an Irish paper would know who the rovers are after if English journalists don't have a clue! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 hours ago, Gladwingone said:

No 3rd division player? You mean like Jordan Rhodes? Or even Dack.

D554A16D-54C6-4B61-ABD6-7D69F5DF1591.jpeg

Edited by Biz

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Maybe for you. Meanwhile, over here in the real world......

Seriously though, we'd need to spend a lot of cash even getting to that level.

Why is it that most people who consider themselves to be “boycotters” expect big signings, lots of money spent and have high expectations?

Surely those things are irrelevant to people who are only concerned with the prospect of new owners? Surely, those who say NAPM wouldn’t care if the owners spent money or not?

As Bob Fleming pointed out, the veil slips so often with “MGPINSERTNEWNAMESLAYER” and Jal that they’re both a complete laughing stock. Real world indeed..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dryhorse said:

We will see were he ends up but with the solid amount of Scots stepping up out the championship this year you may be wrong

Don’t put the rest of us in with that moron. Some of my favourite players are/were Scottish.