BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

But the story has come from the Birmingham Mail. We are all keen to chat about any names mentioned as possible transfers by the LT, so there may well be something in it. 

I was talking to Josh Murphy from Norwich's mum yesterday, she was saying that both Cardiff and Middlesbrough have offered 12 million for him. His agents are going to release the story to Sky tomorrow in an attempt to entice other clubs. Just shows what goes on that we don't hear about for weeks after. My advice was choose Middlesbrough or wait for Fulham. And if neither of those floated his boat then a loan deal at Ewood should work. 

Nicko's just scooped his bit for tomorrows rag right here ?

Just now, tomphil said:

Nicko's just scooped his bit for tomorrows rag right here ?

I was also chatting to Neymar's aunty at the same party and she said it has always been his dream to play for Mowbray. Apparently his agents are trying to make it happen. 

Love to see that one go to press... 

17 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I was talking to Josh Murphy from Norwich's mum yesterday, she was saying that both Cardiff and Middlesbrough have offered 12 million for him. His agents are going to release the story to Sky tomorrow in an attempt to entice other clubs. Just shows what goes on that we don't hear about for weeks after. My advice was choose Middlesbrough or wait for Fulham.

You told her that her son should NOT choose the Premier League club? Were you advising Venky's from 2010 onwards?!

25 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I was also chatting to Neymar's aunty at the same party and she said it has always been his dream to play for Mowbray. Apparently his agents are trying to make it happen. 

Love to see that one go to press... 

He will have to play left or right though I hope he knows, Dack ain't moving! 

Seeing all these League One players linked... honestly I can’t remember any of them having much impact in games against us. I’m sure they played well in games I haven’t seen, but none of the names excite me much.

The only player that sticks out in my mind from all of our games is Nazon. The striker at Oldham (on loan from Wolves). He scored 2 sensational goals which he created out of nothing. Looking at his stats he has something like a 1 in 2 goalscoring record for both club and country. Surely worth a look, as I doubt Wolves will use him next season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He did stand out against us but his goals record is pretty poor generally. Last season he got 6 in 21 games for Coventry in Lg2 and 4 in 11 for Oldham in Lg1. He's scored most of his career goals in French Div 5.

I don’t know if that’s right... he scored 8 goals and 3 assists in 19 games (all competitions) last season, which is pretty decent. I suspect quite a few of those were sub appearances as well.

He’s probably not a first choice player, but strikes me as a match winner that would be useful to have in the squad. 

28 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He did stand out against us but his goals record is pretty poor generally. Last season he got 6 in 21 games for Coventry in Lg2 and 4 in 11 for Oldham in Lg1. He's scored most of his career goals in French Div 5.

Yes but he is called 'Duckens', get him in immediately. 

1 hour ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Cardiff likely to go down and with a 20% relegation wage drop I reckon Middlesbrough would be a better bet. 

Why. He will play in the premier league which will put him in the shop window for teams in the premier league or abroad. Cardiff as unlikely as it is could stay up i.e Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Brighton. Middlesborough have more chance of staying in the championship than getting promotion. It's a no brainier for me 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Cardiff likely to go down and with a 20% relegation wage drop I reckon Middlesbrough would be a better bet. 

There's no logic to that. He'll be getting a wage drop to a level he would have been at anyway at Boro. He'll also be in the Prem for a year playing regularly, not in the Championship for a team that might never go up.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would you have said the same thing about Gillingham last summer? 

Dack was their star player, had won player of the year, been linked with Prem and Championship clubs and the fans seemed unanimous on him being an excellent player.

I'm not dismissing him because of his team, ive even suggested players at smaller clubs (Adelakun and Maddison for example), im dismissing him because the fans seem split on him, hes not a regular and he has injuries.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure players in and out of the Oxford team are what we need to improve.

Most players have injuries. Even Dack do. 

Didnt you write off Smallwood last summer instead of judging him in Rovers shirt were he had a good season

Edited by chaddyrovers

Dack had a poor season the season before we signed him and his value dropped from 2 million to 750k also I think their fans were pretty split on him although more about his attitude than ability, nevertheless it can be deceiving when a player is in and out of a side.

In this case though anyone with injury probs forget it we aren't a rehab centre we want guys who can contribute straight away, Chris Brown was injured when he signed as was Delfonso I think and Guthrie certainly had probs. We got the square root of bugger all out of most of that lot despite two of them having a bit of ability.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Most players have injuries. Even Dack do. 

Didnt you write off Smallwood last summer instead of judging him in Rovers shirt were he had a good season

I dont think I did write off Smallwood, no.

Im making a comment about whether I would want a player to be signed, I can do that without getting all the "judge him in a Rovers shirt" rubbish, Im not saying I wouldnt but not every signing has to be one that people fully agree with. 

If we signed a 40 year old from non league, would you still make these comments?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont think I did write off Smallwood, no.

Im making a comment about whether I would want a player to be signed, I can do that without getting all the "judge him in a Rovers shirt" rubbish, Im not saying I wouldnt but not every signing has to be one that people fully agree with. 

If we signed a 40 year old from non league, would you still make these comments?

Sure? You deffo complain about his signing whilst I said lets give a chance 1st. 

Have I said you to agree with every signing? 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sure? You deffo complain about his signing whilst I said lets give a chance 1st. 

Have I said you to agree with every signing? 

You said I wrongly "wrote Smallwood off" (I dont think I ever wrote him off, maybe youve got me mixed up?) implying that me stating my valid doubts about Rothwell was me writing off him too, rather than judging him if he came to us.

Id like to see us sign a higher calibre than an Oxford player who has struggled to maintain a place there for whatever reason. If he came Id obviously wait to judge him.