BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

10 hours ago, Butty said:

If this is true then we are fooked. If frigging Bolton can afford to offer a player more than we can then I'm lowering my expectations for this summer greatly. :lol: 

I see what you are saying, but not necessarily. I suspect with can afford what Danny graham is asking for however maybe the club want to offer to some one who can add more value to the squad. While graham had a great campaign last season , this was league 1 - his last stint in the championship was less impressive.

ultimatley - it depends what he is asking for .

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks. 

Do you know how much we offer him? 

But we arent fooked at all. 

Its depends on how much Graham wants and whether it worth for us to offer him the same. 

How many games will he play? 

Don’t know any details,only Bolton have offered more money,believe he hopes Rovers come back with better offer,but you can’t blame Rovers not to give silly contracts to older players (Murphy) etc.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, AshleyClifford said:

I see what you are saying, but not necessarily. I suspect with can afford what Danny graham is asking for however maybe the club want to offer to some one who can add more value to the squad. While graham had a great campaign last season , this was league 1 - his last stint in the championship was less impressive.

ultimatley - it depends what he is asking for .

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=38086&season_id=149 

Agree with the last part tbh. Ideally, a one year deal with the option of a second, based on performance would be the best option all around IMO.

Edited by K-Hod

• Backroom

Graham is a tricky one as although ideally you wouldn’t give him 2 years his intelligence and awareness would be very hard to replace on the cheap.

Even when not on his game he knows what’s going on around him and what to do, something Nuttall and Samuel lack.

Presume he’d rather stay here so a similar contract to last time with regards to a potential extra year may seal it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn't.

Me neither. I don't believe we should be upping the original offer too. He has been offered what the club thinks he is worth and that should be it. If he can get a better deal elsewhere he should take it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, J*B said:

It's not more money (weekly at least) - they've offered him a 2 year deal. 

30 minutes ago, unsall said:

Don’t know any details,only Bolton have offered more money,believe he hopes Rovers come back with better offer,but you can’t blame Rovers not to give silly contracts to older players (Murphy) etc.

Extra money or an extra year?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Extra money or an extra year?

We will see, I was told he had Championship offers of a 2 year contract and is getting pissed off that Rovers haven't matched it yet. Hadn't heard anything about Bolton but it would coincide. At that age footballers are happy to have less weekly for a longer commitment. 

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Me neither. I don't believe we should be upping the original offer too. He has been offered what the club thinks he is worth and that should be it. If he can get a better deal elsewhere he should take it.

So what did we offer and what have they offered? I am guessing you don't have a clue.  If they are offering €2000 extra per week, you don't think we should match that?

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

34 minutes ago, Tom said:

Graham is a tricky one as although ideally you wouldn’t give him 2 years his intelligence and awareness would be very hard to replace on the cheap.

Even when not on his game he knows what’s going on around him and what to do, something Nuttall and Samuel lack.

Presume he’d rather stay here so a similar contract to last time with regards to a potential extra year may seal it.

Nail on the head. The very same fans saying we shouldn't offer him a  bit extra to keep him are the very ones who will be moaning if we can't replace what he does for the team. For a few extra thousand a year I don't see how it doesn't make sense to keep him. We won't sign equal quality for the difference 

He is 32, not 42. No reason with correct diet and training we couldn't get at least another 2 good years out of him. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 6

Just now, J*B said:

We will see, I was told he had Championship offers of a 2 year contract and is getting pissed off that Rovers haven't matched it yet. Hadn't heard anything about Bolton but it would coincide. At that age footballers are happy to have less weekly for a longer commitment. 

Wheres this from?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Wheres this from?

Nobody direct or I would have posted it - just a middle man. 

Regardless, I think Graham is value at 2 years and wouldn't be surprised to see him get a 2 year deal on reduced weekly wages. He can still perform.

• Like 2

It would be strange if we didn't offer him a 2 year deal considering we offered Whittingham and Caddis the same deal last summer. Obviously it will be more money but then again Graham will offer more to the team. If these rumours are true then he's either being greedy or we have offered a contract that makes him look elsewhere, a bit like Warnock did with Whittingham last year.

A motivated Graham is probably worth a 2 year deal.  His game doesn't rely on pace.  However, given the likelihood of him being one of our top earners, perhaps it will be a financial choice between Graham or Armstrong permanently (who I assume will be on decent money at Newcastle)?

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Just now, RV Blue said:

Graham seems to play better when he’s playing for a new contract (remember when he was here on loan and the second half of last season) - one year deal for me.

He's the sort of player that has a niggling injury here and there, and really isn't the same player when he hasn't trained properly for a longer period of time. I'd offer him a 1+1 year deal, if he plays x amount of games then a renewal clause is triggered and he can choose to renew under the same terms. Was instrumental last season, and proved me wrong when I thought he looked over the hill in the first 3-6 games.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So what did we offer and what have they offered? I am guessing you don't have a clue.  If they are offering €2000 extra per week, you don't think we should match that?

I thought I made it clear in my post that I wouldn't offer any more. Some agents would want a Dutch auction situation but in my opinion it's a dangerous road to go down.

And you are right I don't have a clue but then you don't either.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tom said:

He's 33 in August. Why should he get the same now as he did 2 years ago when he was only  31?

As one or two others have said we shouldn't budge and if anyone else is daft enough to be offering a longer deal and  he can do better elsewhere he should go for it as he is very much in the Autumn of his career.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

He's 33 in August. Why should he get the same now as he did 2 years ago when he was only  31?

As one or two others have said we shouldn't budge and if anyone else is daft enough to be offering a longer deal and  he can do better elsewhere he should go for it as he is very much in the Autumn of his career.

How much does a replacement cost? We only have Graham and Samuel... I would suggest we need two more strikers - although I expect it would be 1 more striker perm and 1 on loan.

If Graham goes for nothing then we're going to need 2x strikers perm and 1x striker on loan... that's a big, big change.

Was it only this time,last year, that he was begging to leave (to any Championship club that would have him,) and only stayed with us because no one would take the risk on signing him? 

Just now, J*B said:

How much does a replacement cost? We only have Graham and Samuel... I would suggest we need two more strikers - although I expect it would be 1 more striker perm and 1 on loan.

If Graham goes for nothing then we're going to need 2x strikers perm and 1x striker on loan... that's a big, big change.

That would give us 5 strikers for 1 starting role...