BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Preston NE: 24th November 2018 - 3pm. The match thread.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought he would accept more of the blame for his team selection to be honest. 

The comments about Lenihan and Mulgrew being away with their countries are most peculiar. Robinson for Preston was away with Ireland too. As many other players were away with their countries  

Honest Tony. 

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

Injuries the reason for team selection today and clearly Brereton isn't ready, regardless of what fans on here think.

Mowbray knows his players better than we do, but you'd hope has some regrets about starting like he did today...

Utter bunkum.

The lad's 19 and frankly, from what I've seen, is not good enough and never will be good enough to justify a £7million deal.  If you are good enough, you are old enough and you've been around the block enough times to know this.

Forest saw us coming and someone, somewhere at Rovers has dropped a right b o l l o c k.

Edited by Mercer

17 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Come on pal. The manager has completely dodged the question and the reporter has let him. He's allegedly 7 million pounds worth of striker sitting on his bench as well as a converted winger/striker on the pitch. Not good enough.

Tbf he hasn't finished converting brereton into a winger so he can play him at left back. Remember he's only a kid and he isn't ready to play in the scary wary championship

Just now, bluebruce said:

The only way I see him as being 'protected' is the fact he isn't being started. Guess we will have to just agree to differ on this one.

That's a fair old protection !

I suspect and I reckon TM does as well that he'll just sink at the min if he's started so I actually agree on that with him but just because they want to get mins into him shouldn't give him a free pass to get on the pitch every game regardless of the score, which I think he more or less has since arriving. Nor do I think he should be immune from being left out of the squad now and again and maybe go and have a few U23 games upfront to keep sharp in front of goal, surely that will help prep him for the DG role out of the spotlight.

It's not dropping him it's developing him and if he didn't cost 7 million quid and was an academy graduate of ours I doubt he'd be getting a sniff at the min.

So yes we'll have to respectfully disagree....now I've got it off mi chest ?

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What’s the reason for Dack’s very poor form (minus the goals)? Position deployed by TM? Head turned by the supposed bright lights of the Premier League? Olivia Attwood playing him like an accordion once again? One or all of them? 

Part of me thinks we should snatch someone’s hands off for £20+ million and invest IF the loons somehow stuck to their word of actually allowing a manager to do that.

We wont see that now or anything like that.

Mowbray needs to drop Dack and tell him to sort himself out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Worth noting that Paul Gallagher pretty much ran the show again according to the radio.  He's done that several times against us now.  

Gally has a football brain.

He's head and shoulders above anything we have in midfield.

His pass for the Preston goal which effectively got us relegated was magical.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

You missed the tweet from Sharpe above that said that Graham had not trained for most of the two weeks.

Uh nope, I didn't. In fact I wrote that post pretty much exactly because I had seen the tweet from Sharpe saying he hadn't trained for two weeks. That's why I said the question that needed to be asked WASNT why Graham hadn't started.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was laughing at the fact that every post he makes is negative. He was spot on with the score. 

As for looking foolish, if that's in your eyes Stuart, I must be doing something right. 

I have given Mowbrays selection plenty of stick, so not sure what your point is or why you are a telling me the above 

Neither am I to be honest. :rolleyes:

As you were.

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

“He came on and made an impact, but I don’t sit here regretting the decisions I made with the team selection.

“Palmer played up top, we went with the speed of Armstrong in the wide areas.

“Take the first 10 minutes out of it and I thought it was a confident performance, which sounds strange having lost the game 4-1.

“I’m not hiding behind the fact the defenders weren’t good enough, that’s uncharacteristic of them"

Roughly translated as 'not my fault'. He was exactly the same at the start of last season when we were struggling.

#honesttony

He is honest, he just can't see that he is making the wrong decisions sometimes. If he could see they were the wrong decisions, he wouldn't make them. Still worrying, as I picture him scratching his head wondering what wrong today and in other games when we can (mostly) all see it, but I'm not going to accuse him of dishonesty. I believe he is speaking his mind, but because he thinks moves like Palmer up front are logically sound, he is looking for other failings. To be fair, you don't ship 4 when the defence are on point.

Just now, bluebruce said:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic? Did the manager pick the right lineup today then? Does the manager always pick the right lineup? Is the manager infallible?

The managers doing a great job, take a look at the league man.

Today was awful, all over the park as I've already said, trying reading what people post instead of trying to break the posting record. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

“He came on and made an impact, but I don’t sit here regretting the decisions I made with the team selection.

“Palmer played up top, we went with the speed of Armstrong in the wide areas.

“Take the first 10 minutes out of it and I thought it was a confident performance, which sounds strange having lost the game 4-1.

“I’m not hiding behind the fact the defenders weren’t good enough, that’s uncharacteristic of them"

Roughly translated as 'not my fault'. He was exactly the same at the start of last season when we were struggling.

#honesttony

Point 1. After a 4-1 loss he really should at least consider the possibility he got the line up wrong.

Point 2. No one is arguing with the choice to use Armstrongs Pace wide. Why did you play Palmer up front when he isn't a striker and you have a seven million pound one you will bizarly not use.

Point 3. Yes Tony , it does sound strange, almost idiotic.

Point 4. Continues to say we won't look into it to much and they won't be hammered. I agree to an extent  about not hammering them, however the casual attitude and we pick ourselves up and go again is the new we gave it a right good go. Winners don't accept 4-1 to a rival with such a casual attitude.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

So why play Palmer up front and not the striker he paid £7m for.

No surprise he's blaming the defence and not mentioning his team selection. He should blame himself, not them. 

"I’ve tried not to be too harsh on them"

That's very worrying, very worrying indeed.

• Like 1

One things for sure- playoffs your having a laugh, we are still more likely to be involved in a relegation scrap than a promotion push. I think we have rode our luck a good few times this season and results are starting to show. Squad might be a work in progress but still a long way to go in my opinion 

• Like 2

What the manager is saying in public I hope is different to his actual thoughts on what this team can go on to achieve.

Walking from the ground we were generally in agreement that they are a hard working bunch of players, but mid table is the limit of our ambition with them. And that’s fine as a promoted team.

Mowbray has talked about this being a project that will take a few windows and it was the owners that needed reining back in the summer. Let’s hope they are still on board as we need to accept that around half the team needs upgrading if we want to progress.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

And that's what people are discussing. Today we got hammered. He picked the wrong team. The end. 

Most people would have played Brereton, I get it, but that wouldn't have made the blindest bit of difference because the entire side had a shocker. 

Edited by Gav

Not taking anything away from todays poor all round effort BUT much as it sticks In the throat Preston are better than their early season form suggests, decent outfit last season and today they made us look like the new boys we are and they the seasoned old heads who'd done their homework.

I'd like to say we'll play worse and win but no that's very unlikely however we've been put away by a side who might just end up above us. That's the reality of the championship.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

What the manager is saying in public I hope is different to his actual thoughts on what this team can go on to achieve.

Walking from the ground we were generally in agreement that they are a hard working bunch of players, but mid table is the limit of our ambition with them. And that’s fine as a promoted team.

Mowbray has talked about this being a project that will take a few windows and it was the owners that needed reining back in the summer. Let’s hope they are still on board as we need to accept that around half the team needs upgrading if we want to progress.

I agree up to a point but PNE haven't spent £7m on a sub. I'm not sure how many windows he'll get with that amount of investment. PNE do it on a shoestring in comparison.

We also never look that well coached to me as an attacking unit. We are hard working but I don't believe we can't play better football. Again, do PNE have much better players than us?