BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rotherham away

43 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

"Mulgrew, Graham and Conway is over 100 and they, along with Williams, Lenihan and Evans "

Transermkt list Conway and Evans out of contract at 30th June 2019

Others who got over generous contract  extensions are out of contract as follows:

Graham,  Smallwoood,  Bennett: 30th June 2020

Mulgrew, Williams: 30th June 2021

Lenihan: 30th June 2022

Mowbray: 30th June 2022!!!

* sorry for Caps,  can't edit them for some reason unknown. 

I think Evans has signed an extension too.

4 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Don’t have the fortitude to write much after that game today, but that referee was the worst I’ve ever seen. The boy Robertson should be in the jail after three blatant bookings/assaults today. The penalty was a goal scoring chance and should have been a red too.

Maybe so but we can't keep masking poor performances behind a poor ref time and time again.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

"Mulgrew, Graham and Conway is over 100 and they, along with Williams, Lenihan and Evans "

Transermkt list Conway and Evans out of contract at 30th June 2019

Others who got over generous contract  extensions are out of contract as follows:

Graham,  Smallwoood,  Bennett: 30th June 2020

Mulgrew, Williams: 30th June 2021

Lenihan: 30th June 2022

Mowbray: 30th June 2022!!!

* sorry for Caps,  can't edit them for some reason unknown. 

Evans signed an extension in December until July 2021.

And we've hardly seen him since.

Edit: Sorry just seen your post.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

It appears to me that Mowbray has to be brave enough tostand up and drop Mulgrew first. I know he has offered Lenihan getting injured as an excuse but this is partnered with Mulgrew return from injury.

Its time to face facts he is a very poor defender who is good at making players around him look worse than him. Hes a poor captain.

I've said a couple of years ago that the one leader in the team is Lenihan. He is the one that organises and communicates but Mulgrew is constantly ball watching should be watching his central defender partner and full back but you never hear or see him shout instructions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Maybe so but we can't keep masking poor performances behind a poor ref time and time again.

It is no excuse for our display but like @Fraserkirky says that ref was appalling.

I often wonder what they think of their performance when watching a match replay, which I assume most do to satisfy their ego's.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It is no excuse for our display but like @Fraserkirky says that ref was appalling.

I often wonder what they think of their performance when watching a match replay, which I assume most do to satisfy their ego's.

They should make the ref assessor's report public. Have a league table of avg marks for refs. Make them accountable.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

Another baffling decision yesterday was bringing Reed on just after we scored the penalty. With us needing a goal and only a couple of minutes left surely another striker should have been brought on.

Was this another example of Mowbrays absolute lack of faith in our £7m man? If that is the case why is he on the bench? Is Mowbray under pressure to have him at least on the bench to save face for somebody? Surely Butterworth would be a better option.

One more unanswered question.

Referee was something else but..

Team was right to beat Rotherham

Tactics were right to beat Rotherham 

However, getting that team to play those tactics against Rotherham invited losing the way we did.

FFS play that formation and you will give Rotherham a roasting IF you play Dack and Arma in their correct positions and have the mobility and creativity of Reed and Rothwell in place of Smallwood and Bennett from the start.

Alternatively, play that side and play the 4-4-1-1 tp grind out an away win.  

You don't need a limited ball winner in the team because Rotherham will keep giving you the ball and having Mr all energy run all day do nothing with it is no good because that plays into the hands of a Rotherham side which has little else.

Chuck in a couple of Raya howlers and we got what we got. 

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

There is a general malaise and apathy creeping into the Club again.Bang average players and Manager signed up to lucrative contract extensions....the futures secure luv,get the Kettle on,put your feet up!

The effort is not there anymore but we have the 'total commitment' bullshyte ringing in our Ears.

Yeah right! <_<

Just now, philipl said:

Referee was something else but..

Team was right to beat Rotherham

Tactics were right to beat Rotherham 

However, getting that team to play those tactics against Rotherham invited losing the way we did.

FFS play that formation and you will give Rotherham a roasting IF you play Dack and Arma in their correct positions and have the mobility and creativity of Reed and Rothwell in place of Smallwood and Bennett from the start.

You don't need a limited ball winner in the team because Rotherham will keep giving you the ball and having Mr all energy run all day do nothing with it is no good because that plays into the hands of a Rotherham side which has little else.

Chuck in a couple of Raya howlers and we got what we got. 

Nonsense. The team wasn't right to beat Rotherham if we couldn't deal with their one main weapon--a long throw. Even Mowbray admitted they couldn't deal with it. 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

There is a general malaise and apathy creeping into the Club again.Bang average players and Manager signed up to lucrative contract extensions....the futures secure luv,get the Kettle on,put your feet up!

The effort is not there anymore but we have the 'total commitment' bullshyte ringing in our Ears.

Yeah right! <_<

The total commitment bullshit really irks. I made the same point a few weeks ago. 

If you know you are going to get a strong physical who play a high physical game you don't play 2 centre halves who don't like physical forwards. If the opposotion don't play football through the middle of the park you dont play two defensive midfielders. If you are going to play against a team with two big strong cart horses you don't play the ball long thinking your centre forward is going to win flick ons.

How can anyone say the team or tactics were right @philipl

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Incredible that you have a scrap of faith left in Mowbray.  Think you would be still backing him if we end up at Pleasington!

I'd even take C o y l e over Mowbray.

I find Mowbray so uninspiring - I think all he prattles on about are values which masks the fact that, IMO, he is capable of little else connected to Rovers. 

It's called having an opinion Mercer.  I still believe he is the right man for the job.  He said it would be a slow, gradual build.  That is what the owners have bought into and personally he should be given the opportunity to see it through.  You may find him uninspiring, that's your view, others have a different view.  

The summer will see a number of changes to the squad and I'll judge him this time next year.  Personally, I think he has done enough to deserve longer to see his proposed changes through.  

Coyle over Mowbray?  Really?  That's a serious proposition?

Ultimately it doesn't matter what you or I think.  It's the owners who will make the final judgement.

Edited by Parsonblue
  • Like 4

Watched Mulgrew for the first goal a few times - disgracefully pathetic. Follows some bloke back to our line, turns his back on the flight of the ball, stands there uselessly while the header goes in, then just trudges upfield like it had gone over the bar. He’s 6’4”, our main centre half, no hint of taking any responsibility at all for attacking that ball. Plus he was nowhere for the other two. Drop the bloody clown and his trick cornets. I’d even rather have Williams there.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Watched Mulgrew for the first goal a few times - disgracefully pathetic. Follows some bloke back to our line, turns his back on the flight of the ball, stands there uselessly while the header goes in, then just trudges upfield like it had gone over the bar. He’s 6’4”, our main centre half, no hint of taking any responsibility at all for attacking that ball. Plus he was nowhere for the other two. Drop the bloody clown and his trick cornets. I’d even rather have Williams there.

I agree. Trouble is he's also our best attacker these days. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

It's called having an opinion Mercer.  I still believe he is the right man for the job.  He said it would be a slow, gradual build.  That is what the owners have bought into and personally he should be given the opportunity to see it through.  You may find him uninspiring, that's your view, others have a different view.  

The summer will see a number of changes to the squad and I'll judge him this time next year.  Personally, I think he has done enough to deserve longer to see his proposed changes through.  

Coyle over Mowbray?  Really?  That's a serious proposition?

Ultimately it doesn't matter what you or I think.  It's the owners who will make the final judgement.

Not meaning to be critical @Parsonblue but look at the team yesterday but what has changed from two years ago? I know Mowbray says he wants slow change but in these two years there has been minimal changes to formation, tactics and personnel in the first XI. 

If there were some evidence then I could buy it but I generally can't see any

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

If you know you are going to get a strong physical who play a high physical game you don't play 2 centre halves who don't like physical forwards. If the opposotion don't play football through the middle of the park you dont play two defensive midfielders. If you are going to play against a team with two big strong cart horses you don't play the ball long thinking your centre forward is going to win flick ons.

How can anyone say the team or tactics were right @philipl

Not me because I didn't

Out of interest, who was available in lieu of the centre halves playing yesterday. 

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, philipl said:

Not me because I didn't

Out of interest, who was available in lieu of the centre halves playing yesterday. 

Wasn't the first three lines of your original post today we had the right tactics and team to beat Rotherham. If they are a quote from someone else then a apologise.

Who has sent the only experienced defender who can cover Lenihan for physical presence and stand up to an aerial battle on loan without getting a replacement first to be in a position in the first place leaving him without an option yesterday? 

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Wasn't the first three lines of your original post today we had the right tactics and team to beat Rotherham. If they are a quote from someone else then a apologise.

Who has sent the only experienced defender who can cover Lenihan for physical presence and stand up to an aerial battle on loan without getting a replacement first to be in a position in the first place leaving him without an option yesterday? 

I said the team chosen could have beaten Rotherham playing different tactics: 4-4-1-1 not dissimilar to how they took Hull apart with Smallwood closer to defence and Bennett and Armstrong swapping flanks and Dack playing in the hole where he is one of the best in the league.

Equally the tactics could have beaten Rotherham if he had picked a different team with the mobility and trickery of Rothwell and Reed plus Dack and Armstrong reversed giving Rotherham more headaches than they would have been able to cope with.

Putting yesterday's tactics with yesterday's team was suicide.

Mowbray seems to have a very inflated view of where the limitations of his players lie- they are not as flexible as he thinks they are and at least four need sports psychiatry urgently. 

• Like 1

The players need to man up and start defending properly. The manager told them.what to expect and they didnt listen. Mulgrew and Rodwell are experience enough. Raya needs to dropping. 1st goal he starts coming for the ball then stop starts. 2nd goal should get come and claim the ball. 3rd goal Nyambe and Rodwell should do much better