BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

11 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Time to get rid, this has gone on for long enough and he has shown no sign of having any idea what to do to stop it. Just think where we would be now if we had a manger who knew how to see a game out. 

Ridiculous. That wasn’t Mowbray’s fault today. We were worth a point.

Where would we be with a different manager? Perhaps League One.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

If it was a one off perhaps but it has happened repeatedly this season and he hasn't been able to address it, instead he shrugs his shoulders and says 'that's where we are'. POOR!

As for last season with the budget and the squad we had any half decent manager would have got us out of League 1.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We're only going one way in the table and I don't think Mowbray has what it is required to turn it around. I just hope that we have established a big enough gap and can clobber together enough points over the next 4 months to keep our heads above water.

This is pretty much the aim now, which is sad when you consider where we were a couple of months ago. Our season has totally imploded as of late and we're dropping points in the most soul destroying fashion for both players and fans. I really hope Mowbray's bullshit about positives is just a smokescreen and he understands how serious this situation is. We're free falling dangerously. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

This is pretty much the aim now, which is sad when you consider where we were a couple of months ago. Our season has totally imploded as of late and we're dropping points in the most soul destroying fashion for both players and fans. I really hope Mowbray's bullshit about positives is just a smokescreen and he understands how serious this situation is. We're free falling dangerously. 

This is what some aren’t getting. 1 win in 8 ain’t bad luck. It’s a very dangerous run that could well see us facing a dog fight soon.

52 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

It's a recurring theme throughout his reign (at champ level especially) that is not being addressed.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17320535.leeds-united-3-blackburn-rovers-2-tony-mowbray-reaction/

Does Mowbray not do in game management? Hardly surprising that a goal down in stoppage time that they stuck a centre half up front. Why not react tell Williams to go in at centre back and put Bell at Full back (what exactly was Bell's role in the game today anyway?).

Edited by Ewood Ace

16 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17320535.leeds-united-3-blackburn-rovers-2-tony-mowbray-reaction/

Does Mowbray not do in game management? Hardly surprising that a goal down in stoppage time that they stuck a centre half up front. Why not react tell Williams to go in at centre back and put Bell at Full back (what exactly was Bell's role in the game today anyway?).

"When they threw Jansson up top it seemed to throw our team and I don’t know why we ended up with our striker going back and making him and not having some up front to get hold of the ball and slow the game down"

Is Mowbray for real? Can he not shout instructions on the pitch?

It's never Tony's fault. 

Our problem is we can't take teams who are there for the taking. If its on a plate in front us, we botch it up. 

These scorelines look spirited on paper. "oh we did well against Norwich, Leeds etc". They played badly and we still don't take a point. 

Then you have your games against Rotherham, Ipswich and Birmingham. We are an odd team. 

We aren't comfortable being favourites and we don't defend well enough at this level to be scrappy underdogs punching above our weight. 

I like Mowbray far, far far more than Kean, but I fear we could be in for a frustrating season and I have a feeling it may not be the last. 

This stuff about "building" and progression to competing at the top is a line Mowbray constantly uses. It confuses the team I think and its starting to confuse me. Reminds me of last season when we didn't win the league. Is Mowbray too nice to be ruthless? 

I swear to God if a team needed a win so as not to be relegated we would be the best team they could play. Mowbray would be too nice to beat them. 

How is he coming out after today's game saying he doesn't know why the strikers dropped back? Are they disobeying him because he should certainly be able to communicate with them. 

I'm really annoyed by the last few weeks. Just when we look to be going places, this kind of thing starts happening. It's like Bowyer all over again. I swear to christ there is a fucking anti-venkys forcefield around the top 6 in the championship. We just cannot get into it and stay there under those Jack asses. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Our problem is we can't take teams who are there for the taking. If its on a plate in front us, we botch it up. 

These scorelines look spirited on paper. "oh we did well against Norwich, Leeds etc". They played badly and we still don't take a point. 

Then you have your games against Rotherham, Ipswich and Birmingham. We are an odd team. 

We aren't comfortable being favourites and we don't defend well enough at this level to be scrappy underdogs punching above our weight. 

I like Mowbray far, far far more than Kean, but I fear we could be in for a frustrating season and I have a feeling it may not be the last. 

This stuff about "building" and progression to competing at the top is a line Mowbray constantly uses. It confuses the team I think and its starting to confuse me. Reminds me of last season when we didn't win the league. Is Mowbray too nice to be ruthless? 

I swear to God if a team needed a win so as not to be relegated we would be the best team they could play. Mowbray would be too nice to beat them. 

How is he coming out after today's game saying he doesn't know why the strikers dropped back? Are they disobeying him because he should certainly be able to communicate with them. 

I'm really annoyed by the last few weeks. Just when we look to be going places, this kind of thing starts happening. It's like Bowyer all over again. I swear to christ there is a fucking anti-venkys forcefield around the top 6 in the championship. We just cannot get into it and stay there under those Jack asses. 

He is Bowyer MK2 and we will get as far with him as we got with Bowyer, nowhere. 

• Like 2

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I agree. After watching the Norwich game, today's debacle, and countless other capitulations, we will do well to finish above the bottom three.

I think we will just about stay up due to our good start and the fact that there is a lot of rubbish around the bottom but I do think that come March we will be in the middle of a relegation battle, unless we recruit well in January. 

Ah, people are getting carried away talking about relegation. We will scrap enough to come mid table. Its actually ironic that a lot of those calling for Mowbray to be sacked , were those who said we would do well to just stay up. Now their expectations have changed. 

I just think it's a shame as when Dack goes, we will look at this season as a missed opportunity where we could have had a good play off push. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah, people are getting carried away talking about relegation. We will scrap enough to come mid table. Its actually ironic that a lot of those calling for Mowbray to be sacked , were those who said we would do well to just stay up. Now their expectations have changed. 

I just think it's a shame as when Dack goes, we will look at this season as a missed opportunity where we could have had a good play off push. 

Personally I’m glad the playoffs are now out of sight; this squad in the Prem would’ve been a complete disaster. A lot of work needed before we can seriously think of top 6

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

I think we will just about stay up due to our good start and the fact that there is a lot of rubbish around the bottom but I do think that come March we will be in the middle of a relegation battle, unless we recruit well in January. 

But that's the issue. The Loons will see the demise, say they have given seven million for a striker that never scores, and go back to making millions from feathered slaughter. then forget about their baby for another twelve months. They obviously have an accounting genius in India.