BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Villa this Saturday: 30th March - KO - 3pm

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What worries me is the stat that says we haven't come back from behind in a championship game since 2016. Even crap teams do better than that.

Based on our form since November we're surely down there with the Rotherham, Millwall and Bolton's of the division? I'd say in both 16/17 and this season we were/are one of the worst teams in the division so that stat doesn't necessarily surprise me. Thank God we somehow managed to start off strong this season, and there are so many desperately poor teams below us. 

Just now, DE. said:

Based on our form since November we're surely down there with the Rotherham, Millwall and Bolton's of the division? I'd say in both 16/17 and this season we were/are one of the worst teams in the division so that stat doesn't necessarily surprise me. Thank God we somehow managed to start off strong this season, and there are so many desperately poor teams below us. 

Yep. Thank feck the season is almost at an end as I reckon if there had been a few more weeks on top then Rotherham would probably catch us! 4 points from 30 is atrocious whichever way you dress it up. Pitiful. Noticed TM didn’t get grilled on that point from Bayes/Sharpe though.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Luckily the season starts in August and we are allowed to count those points gained to our total.

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Luckily the season starts in August and we are allowed to count those points gained to our total.

Better hope we keep that secret for the start of next season too. 

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Kid will be OK- he will come good.

Are you sober?

I don't think the lad is a 'real footballer' and I think we've spunked £7m+ away.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

So as expected another defeat and 2-1 flattered us if it had been 5-1 then we could not have had any complaints.

Again huge questions to ask of the manager. Why on earth was Craig Conway starting we should be looking to next season and he should not be a part of that. It's ridiculous giving him a start when we have Rothwell on the bench and Chapman not even in the squad. 

Elliott Bennett can add central midfield to the list of positions that he has played in this season and been useless in. The fact that Mowbray thought he would be a better option against McGinn than Reed shows just how clueless he is. But the biggest question is just what does Bennett have to do to get dropped?

The 4-2-3-1 is a stale system that sides have worked out, everything we do is very predictable. Also why when we need to score two goals does he take of our top 2 goal scorers and brings on 2 players who have 0 goals between them this season?

Brereton still doesn't seem to resemble a footballer. Which brings me on to Mowbray's transfer dealings he spent plenty of money in the summer and in January he choose not to spend. The end result our starting 11 today were all here last season.

Lenihan as he has been for most the season was all over the place. Also a special mention for Mulgrew and his defending for the second goal which summed up his performances in recent weeks, pathetic. Take the armband away from him.

• Like 2

Another game another wenk performance for 75 minutes. 

Bennett is not a footballer. Add CM to RB, LB, and on either flank to the positions he’s shite in. Waiting for Mowbray to drop Graham and stick him up top just to keep him in the XI.

Conway is a couple of seasons past it unfortunately.

Bell’s crap but 3 times the player of Williams.

Mulgrew is 6 foot somet yet shrinks when he jumps.

How bad is Armstrong?! For a player who “gets on with the manager” he plays like he’s just as sick as we are of him.

Dack was visibly fuming with his team mates at various points today, not one looked to his feet today. The ball to Graham is too easy for players who refuse to take risks on the ball.

Played our best football when Brereton and Rothwell were on. Would start both every game from now until May.

Travis was as good as can be today, and even better when Reed came on, who again was good. Class above us and won’t be here (or on the wing) next season.

Raya’s still a fantastic keeper. If he irons out them clangers he’ll be a top top keeper one day.

So... thoughts on the game.

I thought you were quite poor first half, couldn’t really see what the game plan was but we also played as well as we’ve played in a long time, our passing and movement was excellent and we should have been out of sight.

The second half I thought you showed character and some spirt, you could have crumbled after the 2nd. You certainly had more of the ball and put us under more pressure even if you rarely really threatened. Could have been different if we weren’t fortunate to have the immense Mings who has transformed our team.

I though Dack was quite quiet, I was looking forward to watching him. The lad who came on for the last 30 odd mins impressed, Brereton was a bit embarrassing with him dives.

Hope those that made true journey had a good trip to VP despite the result and a safe journey back north. Best of luck for the remaining games.

Edited by TrentVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I know people at Forest, I’m sorry to say I think you over paid for a bit of a dud.

Didn’t you spend 12 million on Scott Hogan and 15 million on Ross McCormack? 

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Dack was visibly fuming with his team mates at various points today, not one looked to his feet today. The ball to Graham is too easy for players who refuse to take risks on the ball.

Played our best football when Brereton and Rothwell were on. Would start both every game from now until May.

Absolutely spot on that fella.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Didn’t you spend 12 million on Scott Hogan and 15 million on Ross McCormack? 

Yep. We also got fleeced by Forest for Lansbury, doesn’t change my view or those of people who saw him in training every day though. He just isn’t a very good finisher.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think you are missing the crucial point that both of them had great prior goal scoring records when signed 

Just on the wind up BDS.

Will cry otherwise.

Just seen the highlights. Their second goal was a shocker and ours was a de facto Mulgrew free kick.

Its pretty damning of Mowbray that after four windows we still rely on Dack, Graham and Mulgrew for our goals.

• Like 2