Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 14th March (3pm KO)


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Was unimpressed by Rankin Costello in his 2 starts, didnt really show anything to get me excited at all. Not particularly fast, didnt take anyone on, no sign of much technical ability or flair. 

Slim pickings out wide and no doubt the managers favourite donkey Gallagher will be shoved there.

Definitely needs more of a go than two games. Consistent goal scorer and assister in the youth team, can cross a ball and certainly a better wide player than Samuel, Gallagher or Brereton.

Won't get into Harry Chapman but for me a player that's refusing to play for the team he's been asked to play for needs releasing, not starting in the First XI.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

City/Arsenal now postponed tonight.

Theres definitely going to be at least some of the weekends games going the same way.... 

I think we should be fine, that game is down to Arsenal having contact with Olympiakos who have had virus issues. Saturday could be our last home game for a while that we see in person though, only getting worse from here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think we should be fine, that game is down to Arsenal having contact with Olympiakos who have had virus issues. Saturday could be our last home game for a while that we see in person though, only getting worse from here.

I can't seeing them just cherry picking league games to postpone though for just the players that have been directly affected, more likely to suspend all fixtures I would have thought.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I can't seeing them just cherry picking league games to postpone though for just the players that have been directly affected, more likely to suspend all fixtures I would have thought.

Moving forward probably yes, but that's why this one tonight has been suspended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not really looking forward to this one too much which is a bit strange, possibly down to the fact we haven't really showed much fight / desire recently. 

I'd go for 

Walton 

Nyambe

Lenihan

Tosin

Bell

Trav

Johnson

Rothwell

Downing

Brereton

Arma

 

1-1 nervy game with Bristol looking a constant threat, (13270 attendance)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I can't seeing them just cherry picking league games to postpone though for just the players that have been directly affected, more likely to suspend all fixtures I would have thought.

I think we might get to the international break and then some sort of decision will be made, whether that is postponing or playing without fans I don't know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Definitely needs more of a go than two games. Consistent goal scorer and assister in the youth team, can cross a ball and certainly a better wide player than Samuel, Gallagher or Brereton.

Won't get into Harry Chapman but for me a player that's refusing to play for the team he's been asked to play for needs releasing, not starting in the First XI.

He may well impress with the kids which is not a barometer really of readiness for the first team but I was just commenting on 2 performances as I saw them really. You do find that people are unwilling to accept any scepticism towards the performance of younger players (not aimed at you) even if they dont do anything or even do something bad (ie Buckleys stupid red card) but I thought he was totally ineffective in both of his starts and theres nothing wrong with saying that provided that its not accompanied with over the top conclusions. 

Undoubtedly, the fact that he is a wide man means that he should be right in the thinking for a start simply because you wont get anyone more dismissive than me of playing Gallagher, Brereton or Samuel as an inside forward and options are very very scarce in that position.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He may well impress with the kids which is not a barometer really of readiness for the first team but I was just commenting on 2 performances as I saw them really. You do find that people are unwilling to accept any scepticism towards the performance of younger players (not aimed at you) even if they dont do anything or even do something bad (ie Buckleys stupid red card) but I thought he was totally ineffective in both of his starts and theres nothing wrong with saying that provided that its not accompanied with over the top conclusions. 

Undoubtedly, the fact that he is a wide man means that he should be right in the thinking for a start simply because you wont get anyone more dismissive than me of playing Gallagher, Brereton or Samuel as an inside forward and options are very very scarce in that position.

But you defend Chapman every time tho? What has he done to warrant a starting place in the 1st team? 

Did you not see Rankin Costello performance against Sheff Wed? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He may well impress with the kids which is not a barometer really of readiness for the first team but I was just commenting on 2 performances as I saw them really. You do find that people are unwilling to accept any scepticism towards the performance of younger players (not aimed at you) even if they dont do anything or even do something bad (ie Buckleys stupid red card) but I thought he was totally ineffective in both of his starts and theres nothing wrong with saying that provided that its not accompanied with over the top conclusions. 

Undoubtedly, the fact that he is a wide man means that he should be right in the thinking for a start simply because you wont get anyone more dismissive than me of playing Gallagher, Brereton or Samuel as an inside forward and options are very very scarce in that position.

Fair comments, absolutely

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

So, if games are being played behind closed doors, do we get a refund on our season ticket this year or next for games we can’t attend?

STs, Half STs, Super 6, Final 4

All count as STs with contractual Ts&Cs. No refunds.

 

Match day tickets should be refunded especially if you buy by CC. Consumer rights.

That's how I read it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ST's won't be refunded as your ST doesn't guarantee any minimum or maximum number of games, just all home league matches that are available to be viewed at the discretion of the club.

Those paying on finance may be in a different boat however as they're covered by other rights, rules & regs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d go with

                       Walton

Nyambe  Adarabioyo  Lenihan  Bell

Bennett   Travis  Johnson  Downing

                Rankin-Costello

                    Armstrong
 

Subs:

Leutweiler, Mulgrew (haha), Davenport, Smallwood, Rothwell, Graham, Gallagher

 

After his last dismal outing, Brereton doesn’t deserve to make the bench. Gallagher is lucky to. At least Smallwood grafts and we need defensive cover and Mulgrew is it. Obviously there is no chance of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’d go with

                       Walton

Nyambe  Adarabioyo  Lenihan  Bell

Bennett   Travis  Johnson  Downing

                Rankin-Costello

                    Armstrong
 

Subs:

Leutweiler, Mulgrew (haha), Davenport, Smallwood, Rothwell, Graham, Gallagher

 

After his last dismal outing, Brereton doesn’t deserve to make the bench. Gallagher is lucky to. At least Smallwood grafts and we need defensive cover and Mulgrew is it. Obviously there is no chance of this.

We're 3 points off the play off places against a main rival: 3 points is a must.

I'd go with your back 5 but bin off somebody trying to play the 'Dack role' and bench Bennett. I'd play Rankin-Costello on the right of midfield and play Armstrong and Graham up top in a conventional 442.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Stuart said:

We’ll win this. Now it doesn’t matter.

But there are some interesting fixtures...

(3) Fulham (64pts) v (4) Brentford (60pts)

(10) Rovers (53pts) v (7) Bristol City (55pts)

(12) Millwall (54pts) v (8) Derby (51pts)

(9) Cardiff (54pts) v (1) Leeds (71pts)

This weekend we need Fulham to win, Rovers win, Derby win/draw, Leeds win/draw.

And PNE lose, Forest lose.

We could finish the weekend as high as 6th or as low as 12th... on the back of one match!

Pretty big contradiction there. It does matter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Pretty big contradiction there. It does matter.

I think Stuart meant now that a win will most likely see us still outside of the play-off spots and there's slightly less obvious pressure on the team. I'd be inclined to agree personally.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think Stuart meant now that a win will most likely see us still outside of the play-off spots and there's slightly less obvious pressure on the team. I'd be inclined to agree personally.

So the game does matter then, yeah?

I could be forgiven for assuming that comment meant the result didn't matter and our season was over, given the general theme of posts on here since Sunday. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.