BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Your source for this wage cap and how it compares to others?

Care to name me the 12+ clubs in this league we can't compete for on wages?

By my count there are 8 clubs receiving parachute cash. Including Middlesbrough who are in their final year of it and Swansea and Huddersfield who are struggling financially. Cardiff are another who don't spend big.

I would hope we can compete with everyone else in this division. If we can't then what exactly do Venkys bring to the party and why are we losing the neck end of £20 million a year whilst all these other clubs lose a fraction of that?

Sharpe alluded to a 'strict' wage cap the other day in an article. And please don't be asking me for sources when you say nonsense like we should be able to compete with everyone in the division financially and fail to provide any evidence to back it up. Anyway see Leftwinger's post above. That should give you an idea of how far wide of the mark you are in your assertions.

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So why are we losing £20 million a year to not even be able to compete with half the second division?

Seems like a mystery to me.

Because we have been poorly managed for over a decade, including relegation into league one from an established premiership team.

we are also an unfashionable team so we don’t have the pull of sponsorships/tv money/merchandise 

our fan base is relatively small and out attendances are poor 

yet we are still paying a fairly large squad decent championship wages - hence we don’t make what we put in. That’s why we lose money 

Edited by Bbrovers2288
Spelling
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, TruRover said:

In other news I have to say I’m impressed with Millwall’s business this window. They’ve just got Scott Malone on loan who is a very good left back at this level. Would of been happy with him here.

He’s awful and slow 

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sharpe alluded to a 'strict' wage cap the other day in an article. And please don't be asking me for sources when you say nonsense like we should be able to compete with everyone in the division financially and fail to provide any evidence to back it up. Anyway see Leftwinger's post above. That should give you an idea of how far wide of the mark you are in your assertions.

Where did I say that we should be able to compete with everyone in the league?

I disagree with the claim that 'we can't compete with half the teams in this division'

We can compete. If we can't there is something seriously wrong with our income/wages ratio and our annual losses, which are massive for this level. 

Let's not get onto reasons for income being low at the club refusing to sell tickets and without a shirt sponsor.

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Why? We're spending 134% of out Revenue on wages. 

Alarming statistic that. 13 of the clubs spending more than 100% of their revenue on wages as well. 

Hull broke even, Rotherham made a slight profit and every one else made a loss.

Not exactly run like businesses these clubs.They lost £650m between them!!

Just now, JHRover said:

I was asking you to identify the clubs you thought we couldn't compete with, in response to the suggestion that we couldn't compete financially with half the division.

You weren't discussing it with me, it's on  page 321. So, yes, you were asking who in the top half we couldn't compete, the implication being we could compete with everybody. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I agree with parts of this but I'm curious as to why we cannot compete with the 'top half of the Championship'. Our own Chief Executive is on record as saying we are mid table on wages in this league. Our owners are allegedly billionaires eager to invest in the club hamstrung only by FFP. Derby have demolished those rules opening the doors to clubs to ignore them. We've just slashed £100,000 a month off the wage bill. So who in the Championship can we not compete with?

This was your original post. it's quite clear you think we can compete with everyone financially which is just wrong.

Makes me laugh how people seem to think these deals are easy, Say Kipre wants the same wage as the likes of Dack? Will put him above some of our better performers, Then comes the knock on effect, unhappy players wanting better terms, This eats away at our budget till we won't have one, Jobs harder than what people think 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

This was your original post. it's quite clear you think we can compete with everyone financially which is just wrong.

We could if Venkys wanted to. I don't expect or demand them to. But if they were serious about it and prepared to chuck the cash in they could do what they did at Leicester and Wolves. FFP won't stop that.

But they clearly can't or won't do that so we have this hybrid approach of massive losses and a competitive wage bill but inability to sign certain players. 

I do not accept on what I have heard and read in the accounts that we cannot compete with half the Championship. When losing nearly £20 million a year we can compete with most in this league.

Just now, JHRover said:

We could if Venkys wanted to. I don't expect or demand them to. But if they were serious about it and prepared to chuck the cash in they could do what they did at Leicester and Wolves. FFP won't stop that.

But they clearly can't or won't do that so we have this hybrid approach of massive losses and a competitive wage bill but inability to sign certain players. 

I do not accept on what I have heard and read in the accounts that we cannot compete with half the Championship. When losing nearly £20 million a year we can compete with most in this league.

We can compete with half the Championship. The bottom half. You said Top half. 

5 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

Makes me laugh how people seem to think these deals are easy, Say Kipre wants the same wage as the likes of Dack? Will put him above some of our better performers, Then comes the knock on effect, unhappy players wanting better terms, This eats away at our budget till we won't have one, Jobs harder than what people think 

Not much to moan about, a prem side has come in and offered him double what we have, that combined with premier league football he’s not going to turn down. I’ve seen Rovers fans on Twitter questioning why he’d go there instead of here, like seriously it’s not even a debate, plus if I was Kipre I’d more than fancy my chances of taking Kyle bloody Bartley’s place in the side! 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We can compete with half the Championship. The bottom half. You said Top half. 

I'm not playing anymore. I've made my thoughts on this clear. There are 8 clubs in the league getting parachute cash, several of which are in trouble financially. Other than Derby and Forest the rest we can compete with on wages and income. 

Mind you the way things are going here we will soon be looking up at Wycombe, Barnsley and Luton as clubs with bigger gates.

Maybe that's the plan.

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm not playing anymore. I've made my thoughts on this clear. There are 8 clubs in the league getting parachute cash, several of which are in trouble financially. Other than Derby and Forest the rest we can compete with on wages and income. 

Mind you the way things are going here we will soon be looking up at Wycombe, Barnsley and Luton as clubs with bigger gates.

Maybe that's the plan.

We're no different to North End. Similar crowds, a bit bigger budget. They can't compete with half the division either. You're denying facts.

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

Not much to moan about, a prem side has come in and offered him double what we have, that combined with premier league football he’s not going to turn down. I’ve seen Rovers fans on Twitter questioning why he’d go there instead of here, like seriously it’s not even a debate, plus if I was Kipre I’d more than fancy my chances of taking Kyle bloody Bartley’s place in the side! 

I was using kipre as an example, should of used someone else, My bad

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We're no different to North End. Similar crowds, a bit bigger budget. They can't compete with half the division either. You're denying facts.

But we are different to them. We have a larger income, richer owners and losses far greater than theirs. Last time I checked they were losing around £6-7 million per year.

So with losses of triple that despite bigger income that means we should be at a sizeable advantage.

If you think we are equal to them then why are we losing so much more money?

Edited by JHRover

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Because they don't spend £12m on 2 strikers. 

Thanks. You've just confirmed what I've been saying. They can't compete because they would never have been able to spend that sort of money on players like we have. Nor would most teams in this league.