BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I don't understand why Mowbray has to speak to the owners about new contract extensions for current players who are real assets. Surely he and Waggott control the budget for the playing side and they should be able to sit down with the players representatives and start negotiations. I wonder if he spoke to them about the extensions that some of the dead wood were given over the summer?

Code for "I've passed it on...out of my hands...don't blame me if they all go for free..?"

• Like 4

Just now, tomphil said:

Is it correct Henley and Tomlinson have now signed for Chorley ?

Yeah saw that earlier. I wondered if it was just a short term arrangement to keep them playing if out of contract. Suppose the Cup run might have given Chorley some  extra cash.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Yeah saw that earlier. I wondered if it was just a short term arrangement to keep them playing if out of contract. Suppose the Cup run might have given Chorley some  extra cash.

Good signings for them but shows how they were nowhere near up to scratch here especially Henley.  Shame he got the niggling injuries but in truth he was never up to it a bit like Bell.  Hope he invested the wages he used to boast about wisely.

• Like 1

I'm amazed that Henley is still only 26. Feels like he has been around a lot longer than that.

Quite a downturn for what was such a highly rated prospect. Premier League with Rovers to 26 and at Conference North Chorley is quite a comedown.

Likewise Tomlinson - doesn't feel so long since there was a clamour here for him to get games in our first team and Coyle/Mowbray (can't remember which) actually threw him on in a game I recall.

I always wonder how these lads cope with reality hitting home - having lived the academy lifestyle of being nurtured and looked after from a young age through the academy system at a Category A club - great facilities, playing other Premier League clubs, aspirations of breaking into the first team, they must have had big hopes and expectations for their careers. To then end up in non league in their early to mid 20s must be tough for them to take.

In the end though this happens to the majority of the promising lads. Not many make it through.

• Like 4

Tomlinson's first game was the FA Cup 5th round tie against Man Utd in Feb 2017, three days before Mowbray took over. He played in Mowbray's first game against Derby but not again that season. He had 7 appearances in the League 1 season, 4 in the League 2 in the FA Cup and 1 in the EFL Trophy.

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Tomlinson's first game was the FA Cup 5th round tie against Man Utd in Feb 2017, three days before Mowbray took over. He played in Mowbray's first game against Derby but not again that season. He had 7 appearances in the League 1 season, 4 in the League 2 in the FA Cup and 1 in the EFL Trophy.

There have been suggestions of disciplinary issues off the field.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'm amazed that Henley is still only 26. Feels like he has been around a lot longer than that.

Quite a downturn for what was such a highly rated prospect. Premier League with Rovers to 26 and at Conference North Chorley is quite a comedown.

Two Welsh caps as well, with the most recent being in 2016. He obviously had the talent, but repeated injuries seem to have massively eroded his confidence and/or ability. 

On 02/10/2020 at 19:54, Ewood Ace said:

He's hasn't looked it yet, so far in the Premiership he's let in 13 goals in 3 games. I wasn't a Raya fan and was pleased with £3 Million for him but equally I do not think that Johnstone is all that great either.

Johnstone had a blinder today. Definitely looks the part and he will stay in the premier league whatever happens.  Good keeper.

• 1 year later...
On 25/08/2020 at 10:20, ChickenBolty said:

I think I may be in the minority here but I genuinely believe Ben Brereton will turn out to be a great player. 

He looks a complete different player post lockdown, it is clear to see that the only thing he is lacking is confidence in front of goal. 

I believe when that goal comes he won't look back. 

He looks stronger, quicker and glides with the ball. 

Keep the faith! 

Well I’m glad this prediction turned out as expected. I posted this when the man didn’t have a goal under his belt that season. A lesson to be learned - back the players and the team COYB! 

• Like 1