Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who, Jose Marineio?

Brill...  

One of the funniest comments in my direction was at Marine. One scouse wag shouted at me "Referee, that goalkeeper thinks he's Kenneth More, every time he gets the ball he's taking 39 steps". It was t

25 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Congratulations to Chorley the sending off completely changed the momentum of the game

It really did, I turned it off after Wigan scored their second, turned it back on after I saw they were a man down. There was a good 20 minute spell at the start of the second half when they absolutely dominated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great day for Chorley, but Christ Wigan keep hitting new lows.,

At the start of July they were the form team in the Championship. Now bottom 3 in League 1, a whole team sold and beaten at home by a club bottom of National North.

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites

My mum was from Chorley so we used to visit quite a bit back in the day. We were there one Saturday and the Magpies were playing a league club (I think) in the FA Cup. My older cousin took me along to the match. I was only a nipper, probably the first time I'd been to a match apart from Ewood. We walked to the ground and I said 'Where do we get in?' My cousin proceeded to pick me up, step over a low hedge, and said 'We're in.'

Link to post
Share on other sites

True story - I remember going on Victory Park with a couple of mates when I was about 12 or 13. We'd watched the first half at one end & were making our way to the club house end for the 2nd half & to get a pie.

As I checked my pocket as we got near the kiosk I realised I'd lost the quid (pound note back then!) my mum had given me for a pie. Pissed off I decided to retrace my steps to see if I could find it.

Got to around the halfway line & saw a fiver on the floor! We all got a pie! ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at least Wigan's takeover is getting closer so they have some positive news. Better than their current situation anyway. Derby's takeover of course has progressed so much quicker but that's hardly a surprise is it?

Wouldn't have minded Wigan going out of business though. Would be what that Man United loving, FUP backing hypocrite Whelan deserves. Same for Gibson didn't call for FUP when he was signing Juninho and Ravanelli did he? 

 

Edited by Vinjay
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2020 at 08:08, Vinjay said:

Well at least Wigan's takeover is getting closer so they have some positive news. Better than their current situation anyway. Derby's takeover of course has progressed so much quicker but that's hardly a surprise is it?

Wouldn't have minded Wigan going out of business though. Would be what that Man United loving, FUP backing hypocrite Whelan deserves. Same for Gibson didn't call for FUP when he was signing Juninho and Ravanelli did he? 

 

Whelan doesn’t own them . So the whole town of Wigan doesn’t deserve a football team because one bloke who used to play for rovers backed united in an off field issue . I genuinely admire your hate for united . It gives me energy reading your bile towards them but it seems very harsh to deny thousands of Wigan fans a club because of a Dave whelan quote in the metro ?

Edited by Oldgregg86
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Whelan doesn’t own them . So the whole town of Wigan doesn’t deserve a football team because one bloke who used to play for rovers backed united in an off field issue . I genuinely admire your hate for united . It gives me energy reading your bile towards them but it seems very harsh to deny thousands of Wigan fans a club because of a Dave whelan quote in the metro ?

So what if he no longer owns them. Maybe "out of business" is a bit harsh but FUP has destroyed ambition for so many clubs. It's not an "off field issue" in the slightest. Not to mention Whelan's a damn hypocrite. Much worse than Cook who was an average Championship/L1 level player who just happened to play for Boring Name FC when they were nowhere near Rovers level on or off the field.

Also I didn't take too kindly to Whelan saying he didn't want to "saddle his family with Wigan" implying that's what Jack did with Rovers. Infact that angered me even more than FUP which is some accomplishment.

Think of Whelan next time Rovers get a transfer ban. Not because he broke his leg once. I'm surprised he does not get more criticism here since he hired not one but TWO people who GASP played (plus managed in Coyle's case) for Boring Name FC as Wigan manager. What a traitor!

I'm glad you admire my contempt for United. Anger can indeed be energising in some circumstances! Which has it's positives and negatives.

Edited by Vinjay
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

So what if he no longer owns them. Maybe "out of business" is a bit harsh but FUP has destroyed ambition for so many clubs. It's not an "off field issue" in the slightest. Not to mention Whelan's a damn hypocrite. Much worse than Cook who was an average Championship/L1 level player who just happened to play for Boring Name FC when they were nowhere near Rovers level on or off the field.

Also I didn't take too kindly to Whelan saying he didn't want to "saddle his family with Wigan" implying that's what Jack did with Rovers. Infact that angered me even more than FUP which is some accomplishment.

Think of Whelan next time Rovers get a transfer ban. Not because he broke his leg once. I'm surprised he does not get more criticism here since he hired not one but TWO people who GASP played (plus managed in Coyle's case) for Boring Name FC as Wigan manager. What a traitor!

I'm glad you admire my contempt for United. Anger can indeed be energising in some circumstances! Which has it's positives and negatives.

I agree with what your saying just not the Wigan should go out of business bit

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.