BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

European Champions League 2020/21

Liverpool 0-0 Real Madrid.

Dortmund 1-2 City.

The semi finals are Chelsea v. Real and PSG v. City.

I thought that Liverpool played well but they couldn't score, which has been the story of their season. As the game wore on they ran out of ideas and Real used their brains to snuff out any danger. 

City were too good for Dortmund. 

As has been said on here add Bellingham to the list of potential world beaters for England. A central defender of the same class coming through would be nice. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Real 1-1 Chelsea last night. 

Chelsea should have won. They ran all over Madrid for the first 30 minutes. Werner missed an absolute sitter before Pulisic scored. Benzema levelled it up soon after with a nifty finish and then that was it. The second half was utterly boring.

Real played like they did against Liverpool at Anfield; tidy, no mistakes, yet never looking like scoring.

Although it's advantage Chelsea it's still finely balanced. Madrid need to score, and if they do expect more of Kroos and Modric playing keep away for as long as they want to.

• Moderation Lead

The pundits raised a good point (for a change) about Werner starting ahead of Abraham yet again. I don’t get it, personally.

Werner has been a let down since signing, whereas Abraham was their top scorer last season! All a bit strange. Perhaps he’s on his way out....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The pundits raised a good point (for a change) about Werner starting ahead of Abraham yet again. I don’t get it, personally.

Werner has been a let down since signing, whereas Abraham was their top scorer last season! All a bit strange. Perhaps he’s on his way out....

I had Rob Green as the co commentator. He said similar but would start Giroud as he has a bit more savvy than Abraham. 

If it were to be an all English final, you’ve got to laugh..

- Both clubs owned by foreign billionaires

- Both clubs’ first teams coached by foreigners

- Both clubs’ squads filled to the brim with foreigners

- Both clubs’ academies filled to the brim with foreign youngsters

- One of the two, sponsored by a foreign company

- The other of the two, sponsored by a plethora of associated foreign        
      companies.

The only thing ‘English’ about Man City and Chelsea is the fact that they’re both situated in English cities. 

• Like 6

On blancce I think that City deserved their win. PSG started well but really lost their way after halftime, culminating in Gueye's sending off. 

Both their goals were lucky. De Bruyne from a cross, and Mahrez's free kick going straight through the wall. 

Mbappe was quiet. Neymar was Neymar. A real talent but highly annoying with his antics.

De Bruyne got booked. If you were Guardiola would you consider leaving him out knowing that a booking will see him miss the final? I would. Any number of City players can fill his spot, although not as well. Sterling wide, and Bernardo Sliva in there? Jesus or Aguero, with Foden dropping in? 

10 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

If it were to be an all English final, you’ve got to laugh..

- Both clubs owned by foreign billionaires

- Both clubs’ first teams coached by foreigners

- Both clubs’ squads filled to the brim with foreigners

- Both clubs’ academies filled to the brim with foreign youngsters

- One of the two, sponsored by a foreign company

- The other of the two, sponsored by a plethora of associated foreign        
      companies.

The only thing ‘English’ about Man City and Chelsea is the fact that they’re both situated in English cities. 

Half city's first team is English.  Sterling foden. Walker stones.  Ok a third. United have rashford Shaw maguire Greenwood bissaka Chelsea james chilwell mount arsenal only have a couple.  Most of these are full England internationals. 

46 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

City take early lead. It wasn't scored by a Englishman though.

But 3 of city's best players have been English.  Stones has been  immense.  Walker solid.  Foden is a special talent 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stones is playing well but a lot of it is down to Dias who is an absolutely superb defender, I do fear that it will be a different story next to Maguire.

Foden is an excellent talent although could and should have had 3 or 4 over both legs.

I agree dias is a rock but first half stones was city's best defender second half dias

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stones is playing well but a lot of it is down to Dias who is an absolutely superb defender, I do fear that it will be a different story next to Maguire.

Foden is an excellent talent although could and should have had 3 or 4 over both legs.

Foden is more than excellent.  Hes exceptional.  He doesn't just have great feet, his football brain is world class.  He never gives possession away.  He sees things not many players can. Mount is similar in a way but not quite as silky as foden. Grealish also has those attributes.  If all 3 go this summer we have a real  chance 

• Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

Foden is more than excellent.  Hes exceptional.  He doesn't just have great feet, his football brain is world class.  He never gives possession away.  He sees things not many players can. Mount is similar in a way but not quite as silky as foden. Grealish also has those attributes.  If all 3 go this summer we have a real  chance 

Hes definitely a brilliant player to watch, I just hope he starts. I put him ahead of the other 2 personally.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes definitely a brilliant player to watch, I just hope he starts. I put him ahead of the other 2 personally.

Me too. Foden is probably the best attacking midfielder in the world right now. Certainly for his age

City were the better team over 2 legs and deserve to be in the final. 

PSG were a bit of a disgrace, especially before and immediately after Di Maria's sending off. I thought that City would have taken their foot off the pedal after that but they still went for it. It looked like they were trying to score more to rub it in. 

Jim Beglin, commentating on US TV, may have got himself in trouble. He decried Di Maria's "Latino temperament" when discussing the red card. He apologised for saying it about 5 minutes later.

Foden is a real talent. One quibble I have with him is that he needs to be a little more composed in front of goal but I'm sure that will develop.

33 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

City were the better team over 2 legs and deserve to be in the final. 

PSG were a bit of a disgrace, especially before and immediately after Di Maria's sending off. I thought that City would have taken their foot off the pedal after that but they still went for it. It looked like they were trying to score more to rub it in. 

Jim Beglin, commentating on US TV, may have got himself in trouble. He decried Di Maria's "Latino temperament" when discussing the red card. He apologised for saying it about 5 minutes later.

Foden is a real talent. One quibble I have with him is that he needs to be a little more composed in front of goal but I'm sure that will develop.

I agree. That's his only downfall.  If he could finish better he would be even more incredible