BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

At 16 when living at home like most of these lads and lasses will be? Of course. Like tomphil says just a Saturday job for a bit of pocket money that I bet we all did back in the day.

The £10 adult rate is the far bigger issue. 

When I was young I got 50p for cleaning the house (in total, not per hour).

That’s why my dad still has more money than me 😁

• 3 weeks later...

All a calculation to Swag, coining it in from 7300 travelling Leeds fans at full whack compared to not allowing 1500 or so Rovers away fans to be ripped off (that he doesn’t make a penny out of either way)?

No brainer.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

I have a series of emails between myself and Waggott on the very subject of a reciprocal agreement with Leeds. I suggested giving travelling Rovers fans a discount so he can still charge Leeds fans full price and whilst he didn't say no outright reading between the lines he won't. The quote below from one of his replies says my proposal doesn't take into account Rovers fans who don't go to away games and will have to pay the same as Leeds fans. And then he does exactly that (unless he comes up with a package).

Not against reciprocal agreements at all as I was one of the Twenty Plenty campaign many years ago !!
I will work alongside any club to maintain a sensible ticket price so let's see how things develop with Championship clubs this season.
Your proposal is interesting but by giving travelling fans discount at Leeds does not address those home supporters who do not / cannot attend away games and who will have to pay the same price as the Leeds supporters.
Regards

Another option would be to do what Bristol City did last season which was to admit members to Ashton Gate for £15 each whilst charging Norwich fans £30. They filled their ground.

There are people who say we cannot charge more for away fans than home fans. They are wrong.

It is perfectly legitimate to provide discounts for members for games such as these. Imagine if we did the same and offered Rovers fans £15 tickets if bought under a membership. I've no doubt we'd sell plenty, could still coin it in from the Leeds fans and would actually provide an incentive to buy 1875 membership, rather than offering some left over tat from the shop.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have a series of emails between myself and Waggott on the very subject of a reciprocal agreement with Leeds. I suggested giving travelling Rovers fans a discount so he can still charge Leeds fans full price and whilst he didn't say no outright reading between the lines he won't. The quote below from one of his replies says my proposal doesn't take into account Rovers fans who don't go to away games and will have to pay the same as Leeds fans. And then he does exactly that (unless he comes up with a package).

Not against reciprocal agreements at all as I was one of the Twenty Plenty campaign many years ago !!
I will work alongside any club to maintain a sensible ticket price so let's see how things develop with Championship clubs this season.
Your proposal is interesting but by giving travelling fans discount at Leeds does not address those home supporters who do not / cannot attend away games and who will have to pay the same price as the Leeds supporters.
Regards

Been caught out here then hasn't he, again.

Just had a quick look at other games at Leeds recently.

Watford fans were £20 per adult

Middlesbrough are £29 per adult

Bristol City were £30 per adult

Huddersfield were going to be £47, people complained and later agreed to £20 per adult

West Brom were £28 per adult

QPR were £45 per adult

Cardiff were £21 per adult

Sheffield Wednesday were £47 per adult

So we can see there is a wide discrepancy, the likes of QPR and Sheffield Wed getting slapped for the top end prices, Huddersfield almost too, then numerous clubs agreeing quite reasonable reduced pricing.

Thanks to the people running Rovers I am certain that we will be looking at £40+ a ticket when we go there. Of course Waggott doesn't care, he's on the expenses and complimentaries anyway, and has probably never paid for a match ticket in his life.

I'd appreciate it if this post could be saved and produced to slippery Steve at the next Fans Forum with a simple question put to him of why we can't do what those other clubs have done.

• Like 5

And further to JHRovers post I have the emails between me and him which pretty much show he was never really interested in a reciprocal agreement with Leeds. I can forward these if they are of use to anyone who has dialogue with him either publicly or privately. 

Name and start shaming him. Everything he does, expose him for what he really is. Sooner or later some of the shit will stick. Start getting him worried in whatever he does, says or thinks. Once the pressure builds, m he WILL crumble. He is the one laughing at us. Let’s see how he copes when the heat is turned up on him. The coward will stop laughing and start to worry and he is targeted.

• Like 1

He wants the 30 notes from the majority of the 7300 Leeds fans and the probable 3k home walk ups.

That's ALL he cares about and the fact there'll only be 500 Rovers fans stumping up 45 quid at their gaff won't concern him a jot.

He's just a glorified chief cashier.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

And further to JHRovers post I have the emails between me and him which pretty much show he was never really interested in a reciprocal agreement with Leeds. I can forward these if they are of use to anyone who has dialogue with him either publicly or privately. 

For me the worst part of this:

a) That he tries to pretend as though he's tried to negotiate with Leeds but failed to reach an agreement. I'd suggest that is not the case and that his agenda from the minute they were relegated was to ensure that we went as high as possible on prices and avoided a reciprocal deal.

b) That Rovers fans are going to be disproportionately affected by this. It isn't the case that both sets of fans will both end up paying the same rate. I understand that the most we can charge Leeds fans at Ewood is £30 a head (still too expensive IMO) whereas at Elland Road they will be able to charge us upwards of £45 a head. 

So his latest short-sighted cash grab disproportionately affects his own club's fans. Leeds fans probably paying no more than they paid at most PL grounds last season, Rovers fans paying an obscene figure for a 2nd division game. 

But all he has any interest in here is getting that Darwen End as full as possible, I doubt he'd lose a minute's sleep if 0 Rovers fans went to Elland Road. 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

He keeps his job because he keeps the club ticking over for the absent ones with a minimum of fuss.

Hitting or not hitting some arbitrary target for season tickets won’t have him worrying about his continued employment… worrying about potentially missing out on his bonus maybe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

This may or may-not be true, but in my opinion over-priced season ticket sales is keeping Waggot in a job.

6k walk ups plus 5,700 visiting fans paying cat A prices for a Fri night live tv game is what keeps him in a job.

Soon to be followed by about 3k walk ups and 7300 away fans so that'll be over 20k paying top whack in just 2 games. Now consider why he's now not arsed about turning walk ups into ST holders ?

Everyone moans but he keeps getting away with it.

Edited by tomphil

£209 for a half season ticket - what was the price of the FULL season ticket at Bolton, PNE, Huddersfield etc. again?

The operation down there is so useless, what’s even the point of selling them.

(obviously hands are almost tied because of what they charged fans at the start of season)

£209 for 11 games, no derby matches ie PNE, not even Leeds / Leicester / Boro which would be the expected expensive tickets and better sides

Thats £19 a ticket, you’d have to go to at least 9 of the 11 for it to actually pay for itself. 
Rotherham, Huddersfield, QPR, Stoke, Norwich, Millwall, Plymouth, Ipswich, Southampton, Wednesday, Coventry.

Max 3 more Cat A games he could squeeze out of them (Ipswich, Wednesday, Cov) 

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

£255 for a half ST in the JW Upper for a mid table Championship side.

I mean, not a lot else to add to that, is there.

Yep it's crazy. Imagine if you struggled for mid-week matches (luckily for fans there is only 1 home one in the new year), and / or had a holiday planned / went away to see family maybe at Easter. That's all it takes for it to no longer be worthwhile, considering there is no other benefit to holding the half season ticket (away tickets prio will be no issue)

No derbys, no rivals, the highlight is probably an Easter home match vs Ipswich, and the half ST is still a similar price to a full ST at PNE / Bolton / Huddersfield