BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

This Digital Day (who the f*** came up with that name) is another in the catalogue of obstacles and barriers they keep putting up to deter supporters (one age group in particular) from attending. And the excuse of saving the planet by doing this just insults our intelligence. After every home game hundreds of cars are stuck on the clubs official car parks for up to an hour, more in some cases and most have their engines running to keep warm. Now that would be a feather in their environmental cap surely if they could come up with a solution. And tickets go immediately on open sale so season ticket holders who want to sit in their own seat will have to go online at 9 am today to guarantee their seat, a seat which they might have occupied for decades.

It's almost like they are trying to discourage supporters from going when one of their primary roles is to get more bums on seats. Another huge own goal I'm afraid for which their justification is frankly embarrassing.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And tickets go immediately on open sale so season ticket holders who want to sit in their own seat will have to go online at 9 am today to guarantee their seat, a seat which they might have occupied for decades.

I saw this.

As a ST holder who shelled out several hundreds up front, the very least they could do is offer me courtesy of a time period to guarantee my own seat.

The guy couldn't care less.

I'm in half a mind to not bother going.

• Like 2

A combination of a ruthless cost cutter like Swag and a lot of young and inexperienced people in the Commerical/Marketing teams, neither with any feel for how our fanbase works, leads to such bizarre and totally counterproductive decisions like this time after time.

The whole commercial operation needs gutting and re-built, and quickly too before even more damage is done.

• Like 5

A transparent money grab preying on FOMO for a tasty away game.

But with the only derby being PNE (where you get a huge allocation anyway) and no tiny Championship away ends this season, not a chance he was getting more dosh out of me for 1875 (ok, no midweek at Harrogate then, but I can live with that).

Edited by Mattyblue

Imagine Lydsay Talbot coming out with the it's green bollox. Wonder what the footprint is ( not that I give a toss) . Plastic seats , fuel in fertiliser, plastic signage, no player drives a gas guzzler then or any staff, plastic hangers in  shop or changing room , noone as cobalt in the phones or how the electric  car battery. 

Do me a favour stop treating fans like shit and stop thinking we are thick as fuck . 

Just another brain dead retarded exercise by maggot to piss us fans off .

For one recent cup match (Walsall perhaps) I went for tickets and wasn't given a paper ticket but instead my season ticket card was updated to allow me and the others I was buying for to pass through the turnstile exactly as we would for a league game. Surely this is a better option and would in a large way satisfy this environmental nonsense. There would still be a demand for some paper tickets but a lot less.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

This Digital Day (who the f*** came up with that name) is another in the catalogue of obstacles and barriers they keep putting up to deter supporters (one age group in particular) from attending. And the excuse of saving the planet by doing this just insults our intelligence. After every home game hundreds of cars are stuck on the clubs official car parks for up to an hour, more in some cases and most have their engines running to keep warm. Now that would be a feather in their environmental cap surely if they could come up with a solution. And tickets go immediately on open sale so season ticket holders who want to sit in their own seat will have to go online at 9 am today to guarantee their seat, a seat which they might have occupied for decades.

It's almost like they are trying to discourage supporters from going when one of their primary roles is to get more bums on seats. Another huge own goal I'm afraid for which their justification is frankly embarrassing.

Do season ticket holders usually get a chance to ‘claim their seat’ for cup matches?

They used to get a priority period to secure their own seats, another small yet potentially important gesture that has gone out of the window in recent years, probably linked to turfing season ticket holders out of the Riverside.

Games treated as nothing more than an inconvenience to be dealt with as easily and cheaply as possible. Thats Waggott's job. If there's a way of cutting corners or costs he'll try it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

They used to get a priority period to secure their own seats, another small yet potentially important gesture that has gone out of the window in recent years, probably linked to turfing season ticket holders out of the Riverside.

Games treated as nothing more than an inconvenience to be dealt with as easily and cheaply as possible. Thats Waggott's job. If there's a way of cutting corners or costs he'll try it.

It’s the same with lots of organisations, both public and private, these days. It’s all about maximising income. The days of providing a service first and foremost and charging you for it appropriately are long gone.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

A combination of a ruthless cost cutter like Swag and a lot of young and inexperienced people in the Commerical/Marketing teams, neither with any feel for how our fanbase works, leads to such bizarre and totally counterproductive decisions like this time after time.

The whole commercial operation needs gutting and re-built, and quickly too before even more damage is done.

I almost get the impression they think it's ok whoever doesn't come will stump up a tenner and watch it online anyway so they still get £ from it.

That's the kind of stupid attitude i'd attribute to the people in there and even if they are smartphone generation know no different youngsters the fella running it isn't.  They are actively pushing people away from these games and there has to be a reason why, surely it isn't just a lack of common sense.

• Like 1

This 'one size fits all' diktat is far more prevalent and Rovers are jumping on the bandwagon. I have no problem with things like this being tried but there should be options available. But there isn't, it's Hobsons Choice. I have already had a text from a friend who won't be there and is doubtful whether he will renew his season ticket. And he won't be the only one.

Our club is so myopic.

Tried to buy my usual seat, as a season ticket holder, online.  It all went well until the checkout.  Ticket master didn't recognise my login details - even though I was already logged onto the Rovers site.  It asked me to create a new password.  Which I did and then tried to login with the new password and again it wouldn't accept it.

Eventually I rang the ticket office and a very helpful lady allowed me to buy the ticket over the phone and then emailed the ticket for me to print out at home.

There are so many issues with this system - doesn't cater for anyone without IT facilities or a smartphone.  However, even then the technology clearly isn't reliable.  I still can't workout how printing paper tickets at home is going digital or helping the environment.

• Like 6

It isn't it is just passing the hassle, expense and alleged carbon footprint to someone else.

Then again that is the whole global charade of netzero anyway isn't it.

Meanwhile to BRFC it's just yet another pathetic save pennies but lose pounds cost cutting attempt.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

It isn't it is just passing the hassle, expense and alleged carbon footprint to someone else.

Then again that is the whole global charade of netzero anyway isn't it.

Meanwhile to BRFC it's just yet another pathetic save pennies but lose pounds cost cutting attempt.

Exactly this.

The reality is nothing to do with 'being green'.

Bold claims will be made about how much printer ink and paper they've saved thus, reducing their 'carbon footprint', whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that they've merely passed the buck and the cost on.

• Like 1

Why would they come up with 'digital day' anyway other than a taster for things to come ?

It's a nothing, a complete nonsense that the only difference is you can't rock up and pay on the day at the stadium like thousands normally do.  There is absolutely no point to it other than a modicum of fake virtue signalling to the green farce and saving ticket office expenses by inconveniencing the most important people - the paying customers.

And in the end probably losing a lot of money to boot if a lot decide to not bother.

I absolutely despair of this lot i really do.

• Like 2

I have just been on the Cambridge website and guess what.......tickets are on sale and will be delivered to the recipient by first class post at a cost of £1.25. 

Digital Day my arse.

https://www.venuetoolbox.com/cambridgeunited/asp/basket.asp?action=viewBasket&eventID={31A807FE-DC75-4602-B29C-231A20F1C061}

• Like 4

Just now, arbitro said:

I have just been on the Cambridge website and guess what.......tickets are on sale and will be delivered to the recipient by first class post at a cost of £1.25. 

Digital Day my arse.

https://www.venuetoolbox.com/cambridgeunited/asp/basket.asp?action=viewBasket&eventID={31A807FE-DC75-4602-B29C-231A20F1C061}

Cambridge obviously don’t give a shit about the environment 🙄