BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

8 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

As someone else said - we would have lost today if it had been played behind closed doors. 7000 fans in the Darwen End didn’t make our goalkeeper lose his head. He has form for it I’m afraid. This one is on the players. 

Yep we were crap and playing like that whatever the crowd we lose but second half once they went in front their crowd made a difference.

It made them grow in stature whilst we wilted.

We've seen a full BBE lower suck the ball in a blow it out, well today it was the opposite end and that's all down to the the fat suited berk.

• Like 1

Well he will have to replace my season ticket with an away fan every game next year as I won’t be going. 

maybe that’s his plan after all, probably makes more money out of them than us.

16 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

As someone else said - we would have lost today if it had been played behind closed doors. 7000 fans in the Darwen End didn’t make our goalkeeper lose his head. He has form for it I’m afraid. This one is on the players. 

exactly, The players played well at Leeds in front of 37k week before and won. Can't used that as a excuse either. 

it didn't make one bit of different IMO and they weren't that loud for most of the game only when winning. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and they weren't that loud for most of the game only when winning. 

They did go very quite when we equalised until they went infront again. However early on and throughout that second half it was exceptional support. Loudest following at Ewood for some time I thought.

Edited by Hasta

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

exactly, The players played well at Leeds in front of 37k week before and won. Can't used that as a excuse either. 

it didn't make one bit of different IMO and they weren't that loud for most of the game only when winning. 

Bollocks chaddy. Having 7500 of their own fans there spurred them on massively and gave them a huge boost.

As per usual our bunch of soft cunts crumbled under the weight of the occasion.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

They did go very quite when we equalised until they went infront again. However early on and throughout that second half it was exceptional support. Loudest following at Ewood for some time I thought.

So for most of their game then like a said? 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So for most of their game then like a said? 

I wasn't actually arguing with you, but as you seem to be spoiling for a fight then no, they werent quiet for "most of the game."

Look at the times of the goals, look at the amount of time played and do the maths.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I wasn't actually arguing with you, but as you seem to be spoiling for a fight then no, they werent quiet for "most of the game."

Look at the times of the goals, look at the amount of time played and do the maths.

I stand by my point and ain't arguing with you cos its pointless. 

and the it was 54 minutes by the way. Majority of the game. After we scored the atmosphere was quiet for rest of the 1st half. 

Only chaddy can defend the fat greasy maggot.  Maggot turned it into weds cup final and they rose to a man , f me one of there players said it felt like a home game.  Didn't effect them ? Jhc did you not see pears turn to mush ffs

CHRIST CHADDY FANS ARE HURTING STOP WINDING US UP FOR YOUR KLEENEX BOX

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I stand by my point and ain't arguing with you cos its pointless. 

and the it was 54 minutes by the way. Majority of the game. After we scored the atmosphere was quiet for rest of the 1st half. 

That second half was a party atmosphere for their fans. They roared their team to a massive victory. Best fans at Ewood all season, including Leeds and the Geordies.

If Waggot doesn't open the whole tier for Coventry (which I'm not sure he will now) it will be a massive admission he fucked up by giving Wednesday the whole Darwen End.

Still, he serves nice coffee and scones I've heard.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Only chaddy can defend the fat greasy maggot.  Maggot turned it into weds cup final and they rose to a man , f me one of there players said it felt like a home game.  Didn't effect them ? Jhc did you not see pears turn to mush ffs

CHRIST CHADDY FANS ARE HURTING STOP WINDING US UP FOR YOUR KLEENEX BOX

I haven't mentioned Waggott once in my post Abbey. 

of course the Sheffield Wednesday player would say that, 

So if it affect them yesterday then how do you explaining winning at Leeds in front of 37k fans or Sunderland then if they aren't play in front of 7k sheff wed fans FFS? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So if it affect them yesterday then how do you explaining winning at Leeds in front of 37k fans or Sunderland then if they aren't play in front of 7k sheff wed fans FFS? 

And on a Waggott topic no less.

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

That second half was a party atmosphere for their fans. They roared their team to a massive victory. Best fans at Ewood all season, including Leeds and the Geordies.

Woah, I heard it all now. 

If Waggot doesn't open the whole tier for Coventry (which I'm not sure he will now) it will be a massive admission he fucked up by giving Wednesday the whole Darwen End.

as me and others said it played no part. Just people looking for excuses and if they can't play in front on 7k away fans then how did they play at Elland Road in front of 37k and win there then? 

Still, he serves nice coffee and scones I've heard.

does he? tell me more please? where they Fruit scones or butter scones or cherry scones? was Jam and Clotted cream served with them?

1 minute ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

And on a Waggott topic no less.

I haven't mentioned Waggott in posts or whether it was right to sell 7k fans to Sheffield Wednesday but commented that them having 7k fans at Ewood Park played zero part in our losing that game?

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've seen numerous people state the games we won at places with big attendances, so I'm not digging you out here Chaddy.

The games you and others mentioned are games we didn't fall behind in. We have a weak underbelly, you are loyal to the core and I commend that but its a fact even the most diehard fan has to accept we often collapse when behind. With this weakness in mind, giving the opposition a lift (note I'm not saying the bigger crowd was detrimental to our players) by having a huge following in what was always going to be a close game was a terrible idea.  

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You don't need to, you defend every action he takes , like a pubescent teenage swifty.

It's embarrassing,  even I'm embarrassed that you ain't embarrassed for yourself.

Leeds we defended staunchly and got lucky but it worked. 

Yesterday was soft , hard arsed coward tactics. FFS

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

as me and others said it played no part. Just people looking for excuses and if they can't play in front on 7k away fans then how did they play at Elland Road in front of 37k and win there then? 

You’re deluded beyond belief Chaddy lad if you think having 7k fans cheering you on making it like a home game or FA Cup tie plays no part in winning a game

Stop making excuses for our shambles of a club. It’s not optimism, it’s toxic positivity and it just pisses people off

Useless set of c***s all round at Ewood. 

Woeful keepers costing us goals & points throughout the season, spineless rest of team led by a joke of a captain, negative manager, cash hungry CEO who’ll happily sell 7k tickets to an away team making it like a home game for them, owners who don’t give a toss & apathetic fans who just sit there and let it happen 👏 

Blackburn Rovers FC. Dying since 2011 🥀

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 2

I just can't believe we didn't offer any incentive for the home fans for this game to counterbalance offering the whole Darwen End to one of our biggest relegation rivals - kids for a quid etc - just proof no one in charge at Ewood prioritises the support.

For all those saying "the crowd doesn't matter" - where you there at Ewood on Saturday? When you have L1 level players like ours who crack at the merest hint of pressure, at home, trying to force the issue in a game against a team fighting for their lives. They literally sucked the ball in to make it 3-1 FFS! 🤣 (sorry trying to see the light side, it's hard)

Comparing 7k away fans to 37k home fans at Leeds away isn't the same thing - it was a magnificent performance but it was a free hit, almost no pressure, no expectation and we grew into the game from a confidence point of view, a backs-against-the-wall performance when no one expects anything is a different kind of approach mentally and tactically compared to trying to force the impetus against a stubborn, determined opponent at home who are willing to scrap.

I don't want to go over old ground, but who's decision was it to limit the Dingles for 2000? Did it come from JDT? I can't remember. If it was, and although it didn't effect the result in our favour (although it was a "better" performance), it just shows what happens when someone with a competitive and ambitious spirit is calling the shots. 

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

You don't need to, you defend every action he takes , like a pubescent teenage swifty.

It's embarrassing,  even I'm embarrassed that you ain't embarrassed for yourself.

Leeds we defended staunchly and got lucky but it worked. 

Yesterday was soft , hard arsed coward tactics. FFS

wrong again Abbey. 

I have said our season ticket prices and match day prices are wrong and should be lower and Rovers focus should be filling Ewood Park with home fans, said the food options within Ewood Park isn't good enough, slammed Waggott and the Club Secretary for the 3 failed transfer deadline signings. 

So your comment I defend the every action he takes is bollocks and wrong. 

1 hour ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

You’re deluded beyond belief Chaddy lad if you think having 7k fans cheering you on making it like a home game or FA Cup tie plays no part in winning a game

Stop making excuses for our shambles of a club. It’s not optimism, it’s toxic positivity and it just pisses people off

So why did we win at Leeds in front of 37k fans? 

53 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

I just can't believe we didn't offer any incentive for the home fans for this game to counterbalance offering the whole Darwen End to one of our biggest relegation rivals - kids for a quid etc - just proof no one in charge at Ewood prioritises the support.

For all those saying "the crowd doesn't matter" - where you there at Ewood on Saturday? When you have L1 level players like ours who crack at the merest hint of pressure, at home, trying to force the issue in a game against a team fighting for their lives. They literally sucked the ball in to make it 3-1 FFS! 🤣 (sorry trying to see the light side, it's hard)

Didn't Rovers offer free kids tickets with adult ticket bought or ST holder? 

also didn't play on Sunday not Saturday? 

53 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Comparing 7k away fans to 37k home fans at Leeds away isn't the same thing - it was a magnificent performance but it was a free hit, almost no pressure, no expectation and we grew into the game from a confidence point of view, a backs-against-the-wall performance when no one expects anything is a different kind of approach mentally and tactically compared to trying to force the impetus against a stubborn, determined opponent at home who are willing to scrap.

Leeds game wasn't it free hit either

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

I don't want to go over old ground, but who's decision was it to limit the Dingles for 2000? Did it come from JDT? I can't remember. If it was, and although it didn't effect the result in our favour (although it was a "better" performance), it just shows what happens when someone with a competitive and ambitious spirit is calling the shots. 

Under 12s free with an adult I think. Not that it helped much. Atmosphere in the home end was a joke for a relegation 6 pointer. Not sure if it was the early kick off, the fact it felt like we were at Hillsborough or the football was shocking. I suspect a combination. When you are fighting at the bottom like we are you need every advantage you can get and I think it was the wrong decision to give them the DE. 

Zero effort goes into the club to filling the home ends. I nearly killed myself laughing when we won the EFL fan engagement award. It takes the fans themselves to actually do something to improve the experience at Ewood. Where is the safe standing, the encouragement for fans generating an atmosphere, flags, scarves. You look down the road at Bolton they have great pricing and they have sold 15,000 season tickets for next season already! We are beyond a joke. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So why did we win at Leeds in front of 37k fans

It’s completely different and you know it.

We set up to defend against Leeds, rode our luck and came away with an excellent win. But to try and do the same against 2nd bottom of the league playing at home with 7k+ fans backing them is just ridiculous.

Compound that with our “senior” players and captain making repeated & basic mistakes yet still being an automatic pick in the first team, it’s football suicide.

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

wrong again Abbey. 

I have said our season ticket prices and match day prices are wrong and should be lower and Rovers focus should be filling Ewood Park with home fans, said the food options within Ewood Park isn't good enough, slammed Waggott and the Club Secretary for the 3 failed transfer deadline signings. 

So your comment I defend the every action he takes is bollocks and wrong. 

So why did we win at Leeds in front of 37k fans? 

Didn't Rovers offer free kids tickets with adult ticket bought or ST holder? 

also didn't play on Sunday not Saturday? 

Leeds game wasn't it free hit either

Bollix 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a completely different scenario Chaddy. You can't simply say that because we won an away game that there is no issue in giving away teams vast allocations at Ewood.

You go away to Arsenal, Liverpool, United in the Cup and play infront of 60-70,000 you expect your team to rise to the occasion.

It is completely different to hand over 1/4 of your stadium to the away team, who are in a must-win situation, and have them making all the noise. The Ewood atmosphere is poor at the best of times.

There's an age old concept in football of 'home advantage'. It is why teams since Victorian times have preferred playing on their own ground rather than going away. It is partly, though not wholly, because they prefer being surrounded by their own fans backing them whereas the away team is having to play with a small number of their fans.

Yesterday home advantage went out of the window from where I was sat. It was a decent atmosphere yes, but the Wednesday fans made a huge amount of noise and I am sure that the Pears calamity show in the second half was at least partly brought about by jitters from having their fans right behind him.

Control the controllables. We can't control what goes on at Leeds or Leicester, but we can control what goes on at Ewood and make sure in must not lose games we aren't giving the opposition any advantage whatsoever.

• Like 2