BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

14 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Nothing new there, that's just the interview from back in August?

Thanks. Must have missed the full thing first time round.

Is it the same one where he rattles on about the team bus. That was the first one I remember but I thought it was an internal in Club interview or an LT piece.

I still can't believe he came out in Public and said there was no pressure on JDT to produce results. Whether or not that's the case, you keep that firmly in house.

It's like he's deliberately trying to put people off coming but then everything he's done since he's been at the Club appears designed to have the same effect.

Edit: If that's from last August - again he's hoisted himself by his own petard by admitting that the fans were right to kick off about O Brien and it was "unacceptable" then exactly the same thing happens this January.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

As Andy Holt at Stanley said when sacking Coleman…when there’s no jeopardy everyone is in their comfort zone. No pressure to excel. No incentive to try new things.

When I met JDT in December we talked about the Watford Fans Takeover & his first reaction was “fantastic”. His second reaction was “why not every game?” 
That’s the difference between JDT & SW.

That’s why I have a LOT of time for JDT. 

jdt wants to win and be succesful,the rest of the ewood lot don`t,until the club is taken over by someone who actually wants to achieve things we`ll continue our downword spiral,if venkys continue i can see us being in the bottom division within  3 seasons

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

That reminds me, wasn’t there supposed to be another fan takeover day before the end of the season? 

There may be a ‘fan takeover’ of a less cordial nature if things go completely pear shaped prior to the final home game.

• Like 2

With the recent news of Waggott going rogue and involving himself in both player acquisitions (at least Fleck, giving him £20pw) and directly appointing what appears to be a disastrous managerial appointment in Eustace.

And he's been consistent that the owners have always agreed to send money / assist with the club whenever asked.

You have to wonder if he has been the single point of failure over the last several years.
Did he make the decisions to let contracts run down, or to not sell players like BBD and Rothwell?
We're told 'the board' made the decision; he is paid to be the most senior member of that board.

And that's before we go into horrific season ticket strategies, or embarrassing PR releases.

The more I think about it - and the more you read into interviews by JDT and GB, the more I come to the conclusion that Waggott is THE issue at the club.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

That reminds me, wasn’t there supposed to be another fan takeover day before the end of the season? 

With guaranteed big followings from promotion chasing Ipswich, Southampton, Coventry and fighting for their safety Sheffield Wednesday?

'We'll look into it'

• Like 3

I think it's quite possible Waggot was brought in by the same people who brought in TM and several managers before him.

That in itself should say something and also there was talk years ago of the shadowman being involved with a certain agency at some point in the past.  

For me it's quite simple those two have a cushy number here and did for years under Mowbray but because of forces higher up that came to an end.  A new model and way of doing things was implemented that way alien to them and took away their total grip on things in Blackburn.

They ended up with a DoF and head coach who were telling everyone how things really should be done if we want success.  That signalled a potential end to the cushy just give us our budget we'll cut costs and hit modest targets and plod on and not bother you gravy train.

Now they've helped stick a knife in all that they are desperate to get back to what they were doing before.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy said:

The more I think about it - and the more you read into interviews by JDT and GB, the more I come to the conclusion that Waggott is THE issue at the club.

A similar thought had occurred to me. 

I'm convinced that he is renumerated at least partly based on how much he 'saves' the owners, and of course relevant to that metric is the wage bill and transfer fees. If true I see absolutely no reason why he would want contract extensions or big transfer fees. 

But even if true the owners have employed him and have let him continue for 6.5 years and counting. So at the very least they are happy with how he's doing things.

What we can't allow ourselves to do is fall for the 'innocent oblivious naive Venkys' line again. Been there done that, and still some people fervently claim all our problems were nothing to do with them but purely the result of bad advice/being taken advantage of. 

It's nonsense - their name over the door = their ultimate responsibility and the reason why they have to go. No ifs or buts. Too much blood on their hands for that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

As Andy Holt at Stanley said when sacking Coleman…when there’s no jeopardy everyone is in their comfort zone. No pressure to excel. No incentive to try new things.

When I met JDT in December we talked about the Watford Fans Takeover & his first reaction was “fantastic”. His second reaction was “why not every game?” 
That’s the difference between JDT & SW.

That’s why I have a LOT of time for JDT. 

Also having proper pricing structures to get fans who don't a season ticket for various reasons into Ewood Park more regular and grow the fanbase. 

Also having a CEO and board of directors who understand the local fanbase and the local economic situation for working people in the area. Having a good commercial director or manager who help the situation. 

I have suggested in the past a sensible pricing for STH and match day prices focusing on filling Ewood Park and growing the fanbase

50 minutes ago, Andy said:

With the recent news of Waggott going rogue and involving himself in both player acquisitions (at least Fleck, giving him £20pw) and directly appointing what appears to be a disastrous managerial appointment in Eustace.

And he's been consistent that the owners have always agreed to send money / assist with the club whenever asked.

You have to wonder if he has been the single point of failure over the last several years.
Did he make the decisions to let contracts run down, or to not sell players like BBD and Rothwell?
We're told 'the board' made the decision; he is paid to be the most senior member of that board.

And that's before we go into horrific season ticket strategies, or embarrassing PR releases.

Mowbray admitted in a jumpers for goalposts type interview that was reproduced on here that it was his decision not to renew certain contracts during Covid as it wasnt his money he was spending and so as not to upset the rest of the group.

Other than that don't disagree with anything you say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Also having proper pricing structures to get fans who don't a season ticket for various reasons into Ewood Park more regular and grow the fanbase. 

Also having a CEO and board of directors who understand the local fanbase and the local economic situation for working people in the area. Having a good commercial director or manager who help the situation. 

I have suggested in the past a sensible pricing for STH and match day prices focusing on filling Ewood Park and growing the fanbase

Did a stadium tour with my Grandson during Mowbray's last few months, the overriding impression was that all the emphasis is basically on keeping our head above water.

A conversation with SW personal secretary whilst a generalisation was, as above.

There was a distinct air of acceptance of our position.

Fast forward to today, a truly horrendous off the field scenario, failed transfers, friction behind the scenes, a DOF living in a statistics generated Utopia, a CEO despised for a complete lack of foresight and imagination.

The decks need to be cleared. fresh ideas. fresh faces, a new direction, come on Venky's.

"I'll get my coat"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

He’s certainly one of them,  but it all comes back to the owners, (who put him there).

Look at the “calibre” of his predecessors.

A succession of hired goons , and then there is the ‘real’ CEO, Suhail Pasha.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aletheia said:

Yep. SWAG must have wondered what on earth he had done by appointing an intelligent bloke who recognised incompetence and bullshit and wouldn't turn a blind eye.

Absolutely spot on, I couldn’t agree more.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

The club was shambolic before Waggott arrived. No doubt he isnt fit for purpose but THE issue is, has been and always will be Venkys.

The hot air about Venkys has been said by everyone, just stabilising his job. For example they refused to fund the pitch relaying that was needed so its not true. He is clearly doing what the owners want him to do hence why he has a job for as long as he wants.

On Brereton and Rothwell, it was widely reported that the owners wouldnt sell the former and publically stated by Mowbray regarding the latter.

Anyone clinging onto the hope that once Waggott goes the problems will go is deluding themselves.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, blondie said:

Did a stadium tour with my Grandson during Mowbray's last few months, the overriding impression was that all the emphasis is basically on keeping our head above water.

I'm going on Stadium tour with my dad in May

41 minutes ago, blondie said:

A conversation with SW personal secretary whilst a generalisation was, as above.

There was a distinct air of acceptance of our position.

Fast forward to today, a truly horrendous off the field scenario, failed transfers, friction behind the scenes, a DOF living in a statistics generated Utopia, a CEO despised for a complete lack of foresight and imagination.

The decks need to be cleared. fresh ideas. fresh faces, a new direction, come on Venky's.

"I'll get my coat"

This is we needed a forward thinking CEO with commercial background who can grow the fanbase through a sensible and logical pricing policy, increase commercial sponsors around the club especially in the Stadium, improve the match day attendance and atmosphere, etc. 

• Like 1

I agree, but ultimately we need somebody who gives a shit about the club, is passionate about wanting us to succeed and puts these things above justifying their job by cost-cutting at any opportunity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

A similar thought had occurred to me. 

I'm convinced that he is renumerated at least partly based on how much he 'saves' the owners, and of course relevant to that metric is the wage bill and transfer fees. If true I see absolutely no reason why he would want contract extensions or big transfer fees. 

But even if true the owners have employed him and have let him continue for 6.5 years and counting. So at the very least they are happy with how he's doing things.

What we can't allow ourselves to do is fall for the 'innocent oblivious naive Venkys' line again. Been there done that, and still some people fervently claim all our problems were nothing to do with them but purely the result of bad advice/being taken advantage of. 

It's nonsense - their name over the door = their ultimate responsibility and the reason why they have to go. No ifs or buts. Too much blood on their hands for that.

It's total bollocks. They are doing the exact same thing as they did when they deliberately relegated us from the Premier League. 

It's the exact same playbook. All of this is 100% venkys. Maggot and shadow are doing what they have been told to do. 

They are once again deliberately relegating the club. 

22 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The man has always struck me as the sort of guy brought in to deliberately run a Company into the ground whilst it's assets are stripped.

That's why I view him as an exceptionally dangerous person to have around the Club.

Wasn't he called "The Undertaker" by Charlton fans?