BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

The stagnation and death of a football club laid bare in simple stats.

Whilst all the competition engage and grow their fanbases, most without PL football to rely on, Blackburn Rovers is the clear outlier, actually seeing a small drop whilst rivals witness a boom of several thousand.

To those who care those figures are horrifying, alarming, worrying and if allowed to continue will see this club die a slow death when combined with demographic changes in the area.

To those who don't care something about how we used to get smaller numbers back in 1984 so it's all normal, natural, fine.

To Waggott and Venkys, go to hell.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The stagnation and death of a football club laid bare in simple stats.

Whilst all the competition engage and grow their fanbases, most without PL football to rely on, Blackburn Rovers is the clear outlier, actually seeing a small drop whilst rivals witness a boom of several thousand.

To those who care those figures are horrifying, alarming, worrying and if allowed to continue will see this club die a slow death when combined with demographic changes in the area.

To those who don't care something about how we used to get smaller numbers back in 1984 so it's all normal, natural, fine.

To Waggott and Venkys, go to hell.

Next season tickets sales will exemplify that. 

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

FF minutes:- SW stated that the day had been a real success, at least until the last
few minutes of the game. The reduced prices meant that the club made
a little less than it would have done with normal pricing but that was
more than offset by the opportunity to get so many more faces into the
ground, including many who had not been for some years. Another day
was being planned later in the season
or the start of next season,
possibly to coincide with the other commercial activities.

Can this be expanded on @Herbie6590 as I thought the Watford game, especially the fanzone before hand, went really well. Alternatively is it on the agenda for the next Fans Forum meeting @K-Hod ?

At the time it was discussed there was a deal of nervousness about selecting a game for a Fan Takeover when relegation might have occurred & at the time JDT’s future was uncertain…
The sentiment in the room was to wait & kick start the new season positively. 

I dare say it will be raised again in the summer. The involvement of BRFCS will depend upon precisely what is suggested & the availability of suitable volunteers I suspect.

• Like 2

The decline in attendance is not exclusive to Rovers. I note Cardiff are also down slightly. The common denominator bat fink owners. Some of the attendance increases are 10k. Sadly that's a pipe dream with the present set up.

We got 16k home fans on for Watford when there'd have been 11/12k max and they brought 1500 when there'd have been about 700 so i'm sure they didn't lose much.

Waggot and Broughton have wasted several hundred thousand to maybe half a million taking over Flecks contract for 6 months presumably out of the Wharton first instalment.  That money would have been better suited put towards subsidising season tickets in a significant early bird discount.

Keep selling the good players, leave the team struggling and can't sign any decent new ones then the least they can do is give a bit back to fans by encouraging more to commit.

No agents commission in that though.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

We got 16k home fans on for Watford when there'd have been 11/12k max and they brought 1500 when there'd have been about 700 so i'm sure they didn't lose much.

Waggot and Broughton have wasted several hundred thousand to maybe half a million taking over Flecks contract for 6 months presumably out of the Wharton first instalment.  That money would have been better suited put towards subsidising season tickets in a significant early bird discount.

Keep selling the good players, leave the team struggling and can't sign any decent new ones then the least they can do is give a bit back to fans by encouraging more to commit.

No agents commission in that though.

Hasn't Fleck retired?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Last season we where the most featured team for live Sky matches (21) and got well paid for it.

We also did well and attained a considerable amount of cash in the cups.

Waggot could and should of heavily subsidised early bird STs prices similar to what Bolton do etc..

9k would easily be 13-14k

But no.. 

Edited by damo100
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Well if he has that'll be his contract paid up then !

I imagine it's the opposite - he's retired so he's simply stopped being paid and his contract has been terminated.

If he expects the contract paid up I'd fine him every time he misses a (gruelling) rehab appointment.

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I imagine it's the opposite - he's retired so he's simply stopped being paid and his contract has been terminated.

If he expects the contract paid up I'd fine him every time he misses a (gruelling) rehab appointment.

I'd assume a contract being terminated comes with an obligation of some financial compensation unless hes volunteered to cull it himself.

Either way stupid signing and money straight down the bog whether it's a hundred grand or 3 times that.

On 05/04/2024 at 09:25, Exiled_Rover said:

He has a contract, who in their right mind walks away from a high paid job, he will see the contract out until July or they will pay the term up.

• Like 1

This cockwomble has also given Sheff Wed  the full 7k therefore giving them their cup final when literally everything should be done to be providing every ounce of home advantage we can find.

He genuinely doesn't give a fuck about anything other than his bonus related income sheet.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This cockwomble has also given Sheff Wed  the full 7k therefore giving them their cup final when literally everything should be done to be providing every ounce of home advantage we can find.

He genuinely doesn't give a fuck about anything other than his bonus related income sheet.

You would hope they're drawing up plans right now to offer home fans entrance for £10 and get the place sold out. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Annoying, but the Burnley fans at work are frothing about it.

"You're going bust and you still only gave us 2000 tickets" 🤣

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

You would hope they're drawing up plans right now to offer home fans entrance for £10 and get the place sold out. 

Not a chance, all he sees is another 20k crowd, almost half made up of away fans.

How much did he waste on Fleck ?

Yet no one calls out these stupid decisions when it's easier to blame fans for not turning up.

19 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Annoying, but the Burnley fans at work are frothing about it.

"You're going bust and you still only gave us 2000 tickets" 🤣

We went off the home gates they used to get in 80's, a further allocation would have been pointless 😉

• 7 March 1987 Exeter City (H)0–0  1,792
  • 17 March 1987 Northampton Town (H)2–1Hoskin 39', Gallagher 70' 2,691
  • 21 March 1987 Aldershot (H)0–1  2,690
  • 4 April 1987 Cambridge United (H)0–2  1,874
Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Should pull a Burnley on them but looks like maggot has vested interest in relegation just like his predecessors

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yeah but they all turned up to the last one because they are the earths greatest fans.

One gate made the seasons averages above 3k 🤣

There were scores of Rovers fans at that last one (including me and about 8 mates) wanting to witness the fuckers losing their league status.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

There were scores of Rovers fans at that last one (including me and about 8 mates) wanting to witness the fuckers losing their league status.

Was at Oldham away and i recall it was scorching hot (yes in early May) and was puzzled Rovers fans were chanting Orient until my mates dad explained why 🤣

Only other thing i remember is we got walloped on the pitch and there was fighting in the enclosure at the side !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Beggars belief,he'd give them the Riverside if he could.Absolute shit for Brains running this Club.

Advantage Wednesday.

• Like 2

He really is a disgusting piece of shit.

Repugnant.

• Like 1

He does realise there is a bumper pay deal for staying in the Championship this year doesn't he? Wednesday go 1-0 up early, they are having a party at our place at our expense in the league.