BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

What's more important playing for England or a life threatening appendix?

Bill Shankly could probably answer that question if he were still around.

Today's game was like watching paint dry. I was asleep for both goals in real time.

The Italy game at the weekend was far better. Second half of that was Italy upped their game and pushed us back. We didn't sit back. We did a "Rovers" and held on to win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Was a jokeย 

If your remark about Ukraine was intended as a joke, then, imo, it couldn't possibly have been in worse taste.

Many of those lads playing in yellow this afternoon will have family members and friends who've - in the worst case - died in the defence of their country and, at least, are suffering privations, the like of which we're lucky never have seen in this country.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

If your remark about Ukraine was intended as a joke, then, imo, it couldn't possibly have been in worse taste.

Many of those lads playing in yellow this afternoon will have family members and friends who've - in the worst case - died in the defence of their country and, at least, are suffering privations, the like of which we're lucky never have seen in this country.

I was talking about the appendixย 

3 hours ago, bazza said:

Bill Shankly could probably answer that question if he were still around.

Today's game was like watching paint dry. I was asleep for both goals in real time.

The Italy game at the weekend was far better. Second half of that was Italy upped their game and pushed us back. We didn't sit back. We did a "Rovers" and held on to win.

Glad I wasn't the only one, @bazza!!

• Like 1

I agree with roverandout in terms of the excessive coverage of the war in a programme it didnโ€™t really belong to that extent.

If you wanted to learn more about the war in Ukraine or the very latest developments thereโ€™s 3-4 24 hours news channels dedicated to it and wonโ€™t have to wait more than 15 mins for a segment on it as an event of historical significance this is understandable.

However, for an England vs Ukraine football match it might have been a novel idea to speak about the opposition players learn something more football related. Of course they were going to mention the war but the pre match coverage was 90% war 10% football the ratio should have been the reverse, it was far too much. ย 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I agree with roverandout in terms of the excessive coverage of the war in a programme it didnโ€™t really belong to that extent.

If you wanted to learn more about the war in Ukraine or the very latest developments thereโ€™s 3-4 24 hours news channels dedicated to it and wonโ€™t have to wait more than 15 mins for a segment on it as an event of historical significance this is understandable.

However, for an England vs Ukraine football match it might have been a novel idea to speak about the opposition players learn something more football related. Of course they were going to mention the war but the pre match coverage was 90% war 10% football the ratio should have been the reverse, it was far too much. ย 

Exactly.ย  That's what annoyed me.ย  Talk about footballย 

Expanding the number of qualifiers for the Euros really does take all the jeopardy and excitement out of these games. Being put in the same group as Italy would've previously meant that there was a lot of pressure being put on the game in Naples, and now Italy would've been seriously worried about their chances of going through.ย 

ย 

Easy to say from an English perspective though I suppose. I probably wouldn't be saying the same if I was Welsh or Irish.ย 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Mighty Malta take on the minnows from England tonight at Ta'Qali.

Apart from Teddy Theuma captain of USG in Belgium who got to the quarters in the Europa League, it is a Malta side full of household names in their own households...

My two neighbours who own restaurants and bars are delighted by the 4,000+ England fans here. All have been well behaved and the Police have literally had zero incidents to attend to. That said, at least half the English fans make me look and feel young slender and fit in comparison...

Thought it might get tasty with England fans mixing with Spanish and Italians watching the European Nations but all stayed very good natured.

Club flags spotted so far- Newcastle,ย  Barrow, Leeds, PNE, Tranmere, Stoke, Derby, Villa, Kettering,ย  Brentford, Aldershot, Southend, Charlton. Leeds by far the most numerous.ย 

I was too slow to get a ticket despite having a buying history. Dramatically more interest than there was for the Italy game. So the Sun in Splendour Pub will be seeing me again.ย 

Accurate shot placement is going to be key for how many England score. The Malta keeper Henry Bonello isn't the biggest.

ย 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would have gone for this team tonight

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Pickford

Tripper Guehi Maguire Shaw

ย  ย Gallagher Rice Maddsion

Sakaย  ย  ย  ย Kaneย  ย  ย  ย Rashfordย 

Thankfully Glorious Gareth picked TAA

• Like 2