BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bernardo Silva, Bruno Fernandes and Ruben Dias would get into our team, likely Joao Cancelo too. I think Neves v Rice would be a judgement call.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Palhinha has been having a great season at Fulham too. He'd be in over Phillips

Their youth is fantastic: Nuno Mendes, Vitinha, Goncalo Ramos, Leao. All really good players

Portugal produce some very talented footballers. Whatever they did to their youth programs in the 1980's worked. Since then it's been an endless procession of class players. They tend to produce good creative players, but come short at goalkeeper, central defence, and - Ronaldo aside - central striker. If talent in those positions matched the others they'd have a World Cup trophy on their shelf.

As far as who gets in over who, it's subjective. Using England's team from last night Dias would be in for Maguire.

Who would shift for Silva and Fernandes? Saka had a bad game but I'd keep him. Maybe one of them for Grealish, but they are different types of players. Besides, England has Foden and Sterling.

I'd have Bellingham in every time over the pair of them. Rice does a different job, and is very good at it. Maybe Silva for Phillips, as he works harder than Fernandes. 

No to Cancelo too. He's not as good as Walker or Shaw (certainly not the England version). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Palhinha has been having a great season at Fulham too. He'd be in over Phillips

Their youth is fantastic: Nuno Mendes, Vitinha, Goncalo Ramos, Leao. All really good players

Philips of Leeds over palhinha. We also have great youth. Reece James Bellingham saka  etc all young players.  We have also have had great youth tournaments over the last few years

Edited by roverandout

I lost my internet just after Shaw got his first booking for alleged time wasting. I have just bothered to watch his sending off offence.

It took me by suprise. I had expected a foul of some description.

The Ref is beyond contempt and so is Mancini for going full Italian on the touchline.

Tosser is my being polite.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I lost my internet just after Shaw got his first booking for alleged time wasting. I have just bothered to watch his sending off offence.

It took me by suprise. I had expected a foul of some description.

The Ref is beyond contempt and so is Mancini for going full Italian on the touchline.

Tosser is my being polite.

The way the players and manager were imitating a card was beyond contempt. Shaw just rolled him and the cheating cnut went down

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

The way the players and manager were imitating a card was beyond contempt. Shaw just rolled him and the cheating cnut went down

They're pussies compared to the Italian players of the 1970s. They went on the field with broken bottles in their shorts and hit themselves in the face to get opposition players sent off. The 1960s Italian players carried violin cases on to the pitch. Just ask Cloughie about cheating Italians in the European Cup when he was Derby manager. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

It was red card manufactured by a bent referee and nothing will be done about this blatant corruption. The game sucks.

For the sending off the Italian bought the foul, such an obvious con trick used by serial cheaters.

England hardly made a challenge in the 2nd half as I'm sure that by then Southgate had sussed the Ref. It created the illusion that Italy had upped their game when in fact they were still useless.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It was red card manufactured by a bent referee and nothing will be done about this blatant corruption. The game sucks.

For the sending off the Italian bought the foul, such an obvious con trick used by serial cheaters.

England hardly made a challenge in the 2nd half as I'm sure that by then Southgate had sussed the Ref. It created the illusion that Italy had upped their game when in fact they were still useless.

Absolutely.  Southgate should have clonked mancini

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Absolutely.  Southgate should have clonked mancini

No, what Southgate should have done, is in the post match interview, asked the question. Is holding up a pretend card to try to influence the ref, the act of a honest person or a cheat ? Also ask if it is against the rules?  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

They're pussies compared to the Italian players of the 1970s. They went on the field with broken bottles in their shorts and hit themselves in the face to get opposition players sent off. The 1960s Italian players carried violin cases on to the pitch. Just ask Cloughie about cheating Italians in the European Cup when he was Derby manager. 

Gentile By name not so Gentile on the pitch.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

What's more important playing for England or a life threatening appendix?

I doubt he would have a choice. Because if he was in the state were he had to have his appendix removed, he would not have been fit enough to be selected for the game.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

What's more important playing for England or a life threatening appendix?

Appendix. Health comes first before everything. 

which one would you pick? Given you have said in the past that players should missed the birth of the children for a game of football. Example BBD missing the Rotherham game for the Birth of his first child which you said was wrong

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Piss off talking about the Ukraine.  Sick to the back teeth of it. Was never interested never will be 

then muted the volume or turn over till 5 minutes before kick off time

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, roverandout said:

Have done

which one would you pick between playing for England or a life threatening appendix?

Given you have said in the past that players should missed the birth of the children for a game of football. Example BBD missing the Rotherham game for the Birth of his first child which you said was wrong

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

which one would you pick between playing for England or a life threatening appendix?

Given you have said in the past that players should missed the birth of the children for a game of football. Example BBD missing the Rotherham game for the Birth of his first child which you said was wrong

Was a joke 

How dare they talk about something as trivial as a huge conflict that has caused such damage when they could be doing an extra 5 minutes on repeating interviews with Southgate!

I wish they would talk a bit more about the actual Ukrainian side to be honest. A quick minute on one or two players and back to England again.