BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League

As above, I couldn't really care less about English clubs doing well in Europe any more. The 1980s/90s days of supporting Forest, Villa and Liverpool in the European Cup with teams composed of a mix of British players, and British managers, with whom you could identify. have long gone.

I didn't watch the Manchester City - Inter Milan game and showed only a passing interest when it was on the 10pm news, something that would have been unthinkable in the past

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 47er said:

I used to be an enthusiastic supporter of English clubs playing in Europe, going as far back as United and the Busby Babes!

These days I don't feel any pride like I used to that an English club has won it

However I never bother watching any European games anymore. Couldn't care less about it. Might as well work out the relative bank balances at the start of the season and give it to the wealthiest.

I don't the European format one bit. Its all about Money for big clubs and the smaller nations league champions are force out of the competitions. I also think its too big and I would like it refer back to League champions only competition which would be much better in my opinion 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't the European format one bit. Its all about Money for big clubs and the smaller nations league champions are force out of the competitions. I also think its too big and I would like it refer back to League champions only competition which would be much better in my opinion 

A strange take that you are criticising it being all about money for big clubs when on the previous page you were saying that you had no problem with state ownership. The more clubs that are state owned the more money there will be for the big clubs and the wider the gap gets between them and clubs from smaller nations. 

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

A strange take that you are criticising it being all about money for big clubs when on the previous page you were saying that you had no problem with state ownership. The more clubs that are state owned the more money there will be for the big clubs and the wider the gap gets between them and clubs from smaller nations. 

UEFA are the ones who design and organise the Champions League. The Champions League should be just for league winners only. 

No I have no problems with clubs being state owned or have wealthy owners who invest and improve that club and its facilities I don't see what the problem is personally  

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

UEFA are the ones who design and organise the Champions League. The Champions League should be just for league winners only. 

No I have no problems with clubs being state owned or have wealthy owners who invest and improve that club and its facilities I don't see what the problem is personally  

And who is one of the top members of Uefa's executive committee & Chair of the ECA it is Nasser Al-Khelaifi the chairman of PSG who's other jobs include being the minster without portfolio in the Qatari government. 

In one post you complain that its all about money then in your very next post say you have no problem with clubs being owned by nations state who invest. So which is it? Because the more nation states get involved the more money there is going to be at the very top of the game.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

And who is one of the top members of Uefa's executive committee & Chair of the ECA it is Nasser Al-Khelaifi the chairman of PSG who's other jobs include being the minster without portfolio in the Qatari government. 

ok

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

In one post you complain that its all about money then in your very next post say you have no problem with clubs being owned by nations state who invest. So which is it? Because the more nation states get involved the more money there is going to be at the very top of the game.

you are mixing the two viewpoints up here. 

I want the champions League to revert to the previous format where it is just the league champions in the champions league. That's my viewpoint but UEFA won't do it cos of money involved in TV rights and sponsorship. 

I have no problems in people who want to invest their own money into football clubs and improve them by investing in new facilities or signing better players who they couldn't before.