BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

City incredible and Real Madrid look awful, hard to make out whether it is just City being so good that makes them look so bad.

City Just pass the ball around too quickly.  I don't think Modric or kroos are at the races any more. I also think it's evident why they need Bellingham.  He'll give them more drive and energy in midfield.  (And that's not eng bias)

Edited by roverandout

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

City Just pass the ball around too quickly.  I don't think Modric or kroos are at the races any more. I also think it's evident why they need Bellingham.  He'll give them more drive and energy in midfield.  (And that's not eng bias)

The whole team looks shell shocked. The balance of that midfield isn't right, they have some really good athletic midfielders in Valverde who is not suited so deep, Camavinga who is not a left back and Tchouemani who is a sub.

• Like 2

I watched the game in a Spanish bar with one of my best Spanish mates. A bit like United in England, Real attract quite a few glory hunters from all over the country.

I had a chat with one guy before the game, who despite my best Spanish accent clocked I am English. He along with plenty of others, ended up shell shocked.

As I was the only English person in a pretty rammed bar, I felt a bit vulnerable, but to be fair, no problems came about.

I guess telling anyone, who would listen, that the best English town team in the world are Blackburn Rovers helped. 

In the Spanish equivalent of the old Accrington Stanley milk advert quien estan Blackburn Rovers, was said more than once. 

• Like 2

Whatever the dubious practices of the Man City marketing team in hard selling City to Abu Dhabi falconers as their ideal bird lure suppliers, that performance was a thing of beauty.

But for Courtois, that would have been a 7 goal humiliation. 

• Like 2

City were superb last night. Unstoppable. Real could not cope with the intensity. Kroos and Modric looked their age.

I heard a stat on the radio earlier. After 10 minutes City had completed almost 130 passes. Real Madrid had 13. 

City are strong favourites against Inter Milan, and they should be.

I don't think that Inter will do anything other than defend like Italian teams and aim for a goal on the break.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Some disgusting faking from inter. Trying to get foden sent off even though he never touched him. The goalkeeper also needs booking for time wasting 

Tbh..... Its just another shit final. No entertainment whatsoever. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve never seen so few posts about the final on here… says it all.

Inter dicked around for most of the match. Their game plan was clear (to take it to penalties or wear down the opposition). After City took the lead, Inter actually showed they can play, and should have levelled what with City's nervousness kicking in. Inter might have got somewhere in this game and created an epic if they'd done that from the start, but since they chose not to, it was mostly a load of garbage for the neutral.

41 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Nah, I don't buy into that 'English team' thing. To me, it's the same as the Chennai Super Kings winning the IPL. Good entertainment, but no real connection. 

They had 4 English players involved 

26 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Inter dicked around for most of the match. Their game plan was clear (to take it to penalties or wear down the opposition). After City took the lead, Inter actually showed they can play, and should have levelled what with City's nervousness kicking in. Inter might have got somewhere in this game and created an epic if they'd done that from the start, but since they chose not to, it was mostly a load of garbage for the neutral.

Inter should have started with Lakaku up front instead of that crock Dzecko. 

I reckon if the final was played a few weeks ago City would have absolutely battered Inter. 

Agree about the garbage re the neutral supporter. Total anti climax for me. 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well done City. Deserved winners and treble done. 

It was tactical game and Inter was too defensive for me

Stones, Dias and Ederson were City's best players

Grealish and Haaland might as well have been traipsing around the Trafford Centre. Grealish is so predictable for City when placed out wide on the left. Wasted talent out there. 

Plus I wish he'd get a fucking hair cut. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Grealish and Haaland might as well have been traipsing around the Trafford Centre. Grealish is so predictable for City when placed out wide on the left. Wasted talent out there. 

Plus I wish he'd get a fucking hair cut. 

Haaland had a great chance but didn't score. 

Also who cares about his hair tbh. His choice not yours

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1