BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, Silas said:

This lad is a bit of a legend. Pepper spray direct to face, minor flinch, don't mind me, I'll just move over and try this other ticket machine. 😂

Wtf? He a cyborg?:

Reminds me of a video of an absolute man mountain in a gym who got tasered and just carried on like it never happened.

Some people are just built differently!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roverandout said:

Please don't confuse Scottish or Welsh fans with English fans 

I was in Manchester the day Rangers descended on the city - genuinely the worst fans I've ever come across. They were defecating in shop doorways in the city centre. 

We all experienced Celtic fans when they were at Ewood too.

So no, they're no saints themselves. 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2022 at 18:38, Exiled_Rover said:

I was in Manchester the day Rangers descended on the city - genuinely the worst fans I've ever come across. They were defecating in shop doorways in the city centre. 

We all experienced Celtic fans when they were at Ewood too.

So no, they're no saints themselves. 

The Glasgow clubs have the worst fans in the UK.

• Like 1

My feeling is some people like to stick the boot into Liverpool fans. The "always the victim" tagline. 

From all I've seen the evidence is pointing directly at the French authorities, with the fans being subject to awful treatment. Had there been a less tolerant reaction it could have resulted in a far more serious incident occurring. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The Glasgow clubs have the worst fans in the UK.

The media reported more Rangers fans followed the club to Spain than Liverpool fans travelled to Paris, very little trouble in Seville, the fans from both sides were praised for policing themselves, unlike in Paris.

That assertion quite simply doesn't stand up here Paul.

4 hours ago, Gav said:

The media reported more Rangers fans followed the club to Spain than Liverpool fans travelled to Paris, very little trouble in Seville, the fans from both sides were praised for policing themselves, unlike in Paris.

I think they knew better than to mess around in Spain. The Guardia Civil aren’t known for their tolerance.

They shot my father in law’s dog dead when he got into an argument with them over parking his car.  He ended up in the cells.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Ask anyone who lives in the towns up and down Scotland and they will back what Paul says up Gav. Mainly alcohol fuelled it has to be said but its like being back in 1972 when one of the Old Firm come to town.

On 29/05/2022 at 19:07, jodrell said:

Lovely video. That's how football should be played. 1977. Nice to see Noddy again. What a lovely man!

Regarding the pitch invasion and crossbar breaking, the commentators said the fences hadn't gone up yet. The football hooligans of the 1970s and 80s are mainly responsible for the Hillsborough tragedy. Everyone who engaged in that sort of behaviour has blood on their hands. 

The cages and fences were erected because of this behaviour. Had there been no cages and fences at Hillsborough no-one would have died.

Thank goodness there weren't any at Bradford in 1985.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Mealy-mouthed. His maths could do some work too. What's the odd 10k matter....errrrr I mean 5k (wtf is he on about?!):

"Whether there are 30,000 or 40,000 people, it doesn't change anything. What matters is that there were people, in large numbers, likely to disrupt the proper organization of the filtering. But that we count them precisely to within 5000, it doesn't change much."

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Here is the full draw;

Group A Ajax, Liverpool, Napoli, Rangers

Group B: FC Porto, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Club Bruges

Group C Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Viktoria Plzen

Group D Eintracht Frankfurt, Tottenham Hotspur, Sporting Lisbon, Marseille

Group E AC Milan, Chelsea, RB Salzburg, Dinamo Zagreb

Group F Real Madrid, RB Leipzig, Shakhtar Donetsk, Celtic

Group G Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund, Copenhagen

Group H Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Benfica, Maccabi Haifa

Mods; can we amend the thread title to "Champions League" with no dates?

Edited by speeeeeeedie
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...