BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The quarter final draw took place earlier which also dictates the semi final pairings. We have;

Side 1

Chelsea v. Real Madrid

Man City v. Atletico Madrid

Side 2

Villareal v. Bayern Munich

Benfica v. Liverpool

I think Liverpool will be very happy with that

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The quarter final first legs are over.

Liverpool and Real Madrid both won 3-1 away. Liverpool could have been 5 up at half time yet were lucky not to be pegged back to 2-2 before scoring late, and then missing another sitter.

Chelsea carried on where they left off against Brentford. They weren't at the races. Benzema scored 2 class headers, and was given a gift for his 3rd. Lukaku needs to leave Chelsea quickly. His game is not suited to Chelsea's style.

Villareal and City both won 1-0 at home. De Bruyne managed to nick one meaning that Simeone's men have to attack next week. Bayern should win but Villareal are a well drilled crew.

Madrid are a facking disgrace.  Diving and rolling around at the slightest touch. Tuchel made a massive error taking off werner for pulisic.  Werner had them all over the place.  Pulisic is a mediocre player.  James was outstanding all game. City or Liverpool will slaughter this Madrid team

• Like 1

16 hours ago, roverandout said:

Madrid are a facking disgrace.  Diving and rolling around at the slightest touch. Tuchel made a massive error taking off werner for pulisic.  Werner had them all over the place.  Pulisic is a mediocre player.  James was outstanding all game. City or Liverpool will slaughter this Madrid team

If Atletico manage to score today Real's antics will pale in comparison. Simeone's men are past masters at it. 

Werner was playing well. Pulisic is a streaky player. He can play but doesn't have consistency.

Alonso's disallowed goal was harsh, but Chelsea can't expect to go through after making the mistakes they did over both legs. 

Villareal are through too. They hammered Bayern at home and should have been more than 1 up yet it took a late counter attacking goal to seal it for them. 

• Like 1

was a good game,proper old school european cup tie with added foreign s**thousery😊,don`t know about anyone else,but i ignore the pointless group matches,it only gets exciting when the knockout stage arrives,i don`t expect uefa will ever see it from a fans point of view but it would be great if they scrapped the stupid europa league and had one massive unseeded european cup ,two legs the winners goes through,everyone from cup winners to the first 4 places in their league,would be epic imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Htf was Felipe whinging.  He could have had a straight red for the tackle alone.  Savic is an absolute disgrace.  I'm glad 2 English teams are through. I can see city hammering real and Liverpool beating villareal

Liverpool beating Villarreal? Do you realise Villarreal have beaten Bayern Munich, Juventus and Atalanta? I wouldn't presume a Liverpool victory.

• Like 2

That was one of the very few times that I have been wanting a City win.

I think Felipe and Savic need mental health check-ups. Probably Simione too. Nutters.

Having said that their and their fans passions are something to envy and it must be a good ride if you support AM.

There will be fall out from what went on late in the game and after. I would at least expect Savic to get a ban.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

The semi finals are set;

Man City v.  Real Madrid

Liverpool v. Villareal

Atletico ruffled City then lost the plot. Not surprising really. They way Atletico play is impressive, but I hate the way they act.

Liverpool were coasting then switched off. They did the same against Inter Milan in the last round. 

• 2 weeks later...

City v. Real was an absolute cracker. City should have been 4-0 up before Benzema scored his first. 

City go to Madrid with a 1 goal advantage. The same as the last round. Can they stop Real from scoring? They are the better team, but will they get it right?

39 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So the latest is from the 24/25 season the champions league semi finals will be one leg only and played in one city in the same week as the final very similar to the nations league finals. 

What are peoples thoughts ?

I won't be going.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So the latest is from the 24/25 season the champions league semi finals will be one leg only and played in one city in the same week as the final very similar to the nations league finals. 

Awful - the semi finals are regularly as good as football gets and the two legs (with no away goals as it should be) is the way to go. 
Sounds like a money spinner to get it somewhere neutral (like Wembley semi-finals for the fa cup)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is it from that season and your name is Man Utd or of similar 'standing' and you finish outside of your leagues qualifying spots you still get into the CL based on your previous 'history' in the CL...

Rules are changing to something like that.

Backdoor SuperLeague.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

City v. Real was an absolute cracker. City should have been 4-0 up before Benzema scored his first. 

City go to Madrid with a 1 goal advantage. The same as the last round. Can they stop Real from scoring? They are the better team, but will they get it right?

Got a feeling it will go to a shoot out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Not a fan.

Some of the best games I've seen in recent years have been Champs League semi finals. Liverpool-Barcelona. Ajax-Spurs. The game on Tuesday to name 3. The two legs adds drama. 

Was the old UEFA cup final 2 legged? 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Not a fan.

Some of the best games I've seen in recent years have been Champs League semi finals. Liverpool-Barcelona. Ajax-Spurs. The game on Tuesday to name 3. The two legs adds drama. 

Was the old UEFA cup final 2 legged? 

It was up until 1998

• Moderation Lead

I’d sooner City won than Read Madrid or Liverpool, but sometimes you’ve just got to admire how Real manage to dig out victories out of nowhere, time after time.

• Like 2