BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

So u would rather watch a bunch of diving cheating time wasting bastards in the final. The ref is a disgrace.  Absolutely clueless 

city ar`nt exactly the bastions of staying on their feet or noble fair play either,it`s the modern game unfortunately ,i don`t really enjoy it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Like watching a circus act.

Ref was a homer, I do hope it paid well.

Doesn't excuse City collapse. 

I thought their defence looked suspect as soon as Walker went off. Their CBs were awful.

Totally agree. The ref was awful but defensively once walker went off they lacked defensive shape. Walker had vinicius in his pocket. Zinchenko was horrendous.  Laporte is an accident waiting to happen.  Stones should be ahead of him.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

should have bought kane instead of grealish,he does`nt look half the player he did at villa,likely a case of not being the the biggest fish in the pond

Agree but I thought grealish played OK. Did more than de bruyne tonight 

The reffing I will agree was odd. He seemed to give equally bizzare decisions to both sides though I felt. Injury time in extra time was a joke though, how it was only 3 minutes I don't know! And he blew 10 seconds early. 

• Like 3

Grealish almost scored 2 himself! He played ok.

Bernardo Silva disappeared second  half. De B. was awful, looked knackered from the start.

Liverpool will be up against a RM sponsored ref in the final. Happens all the time and has done for years.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

The reffing I will agree was odd. He seemed to give equally bizzare decisions to both sides though I felt. Injury time in extra time was a joke though, how it was only 3 minutes I don't know! And he blew 10 seconds early. 

He started giving both teams odd decisions but then gradually gave everything to real Madrid 

• Backroom

Best Champions League in ages. What a season.

6-5 in a tense semi final tie. To think away goals were once introduced because things had got too boring.

None of that nowadays, we're going through a great era.

And Newcastle will add to that soon. 

• Like 1

City only have themselves to blame for not progressing. They were by far the better team over both legs who should have been out of sight after the first half last week. They mostly controlled last night too. 

Kyle Walker going off was the game changer. He kept Vinicius quiet. De Bruyne going off robbed them too. He looked knackered though.

In Tuesday's game Liverpool were absolutely awful in the first half. Villareal's constant harassment really rattled them. Although the goals came from errors from the fullbacks, with Roberston uncharacteristically at fault in both.

The second half was a different story. Villareal's keeper helped but Liverpool turned it on.

It's now a repeat of the 2018 final. Liverpool will want revenge. They are a better side than then, and Real are not. It's still a toss up as to who wins. I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mike E said:

I'm glad that it's Liverpool Vs Real Madrid, I like the traditional feel of it. Two clubs steeped in European Cup history, it feels old school.

I'm glad City lost,i'm sick of having to see 2 teams from the same country play in a European final.Madrid v Liverpool now feels like a proper Final.

• Like 1

Had an early night last night, so went to bed with three minutes left. Been telling my grandson (his uncle keeps buying him Liverpool kits, I keep buying him Rovers ones) that Liverpool are playing Man City in the final. I only found out the score an hour ago. 😆

Still, I can’t stand City and it’s more of a European final feel when one of the clubs, at least, comes from the continent. Hope Liverpool win.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

I'm glad City lost,i'm sick of having to see 2 teams from the same country play in a European final.Madrid v Liverpool now feels like a proper Final.

I looked it up. Including this year, 5 of the last 10 finals have been teams from the same country. I agree different countries participating adds to the game. 

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Bugger that!

I certainly don’t want to have to listen to Plastics who couldn’t find Anfield if you dropped them in Stanley Park talking about ‘7 times’

¡Hala Madrid!

Not for me. Real have won it 13 times, with countless decisions going their way each and every time. I'm not saying it's crooked, but I am saying that they get some lucky breaks. Some quite literally when Ramos did Salah in 2018. 

Edited by speeeeeeedie
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

However this area and country isn’t crawling with Plastic Madridistas, so frankly I couldn’t care less about any of that. #loscatorce

I figured that that played into your thinking.

I live in fan boy America. I hear all sorts. However, I'm glad that they watch the game.