BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Champions League

There are lots of sad fanboys across the globe this morning. Barcelona's 3-3 draw at home to Inter Milan puts them in serious jeopardy of going out in the group stage. Inter need a win at home against bottom placed Plzen to knock them out. They should have done it last night. Inter had a glorious chance in the last minute. I can't remember who it was but he shot instead of squaring it for Mkhitaryan who had an open goal.

Liverpool scoring 7 after going 1 down (again) is impressive even given the opposition. Elliott played well. I saw at least 3 articles stating that "they are back". City on Sunday will answer that. 

Bruges have already qualified for the knockout stages along with Real, Bayern, and City, as have the impressive Napoli. 

Juventus are in trouble.

• 4 months later...

The knockout stage started this week with little fanfare. 

Spurs and Chelsea both got beat 1-0 away against AC Milan and Dortmund respectively. I saw neither but the report I read said that Chelsea absolutely battered Dortmund but couldn't score.

Bruges 0-2 Benfica.

Bayern beat PSG 1-0 in Paris. I watched a portion of that game. Bayern should have left France with the tie sewn up. PSG were woeful but Bayern did not finish their chances.

It's been done to death but Neymar is an absolute annoyance to watch. He is a wonderful talent but his diving and acting antics really rile me up. He got graze by a stray forearm to his cheek then decided to fall over like he'd been shot.  

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Stunned that the Topman sponsored gobshite Scott Parker is a Champions League manager.

Only second to Nathan Jones for how much his interviews get on me tits.

😂

Parker in his own words (GQ magazine interview):

“I was brought up in a slightly older style,” Parker once said. “I don’t play with my collar up.” My dad told me to tuck my shirt in, look good and respect the game, so that has become embedded in me. I am really into looking as smart as I can and have been since I was a kid. I remember the first time I got paid, I went out and spent my wages on clothes. Style has always been a massive focal point for me.”

Parker more accurately described:

’Topman sponsored gobshite’ (S8 & Blue)

• Like 4

I chuckled to myself this morning when I saw the goals from Liverpool v Real Madrid. Two top, international goalkeepers quite simply gave a goal apiece away trying to play out from inside their own penalty areas as they were being closed down. Whatever happened to Row Z? As the old saying goes 'I've never seen anybody score from Row Z'.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I chuckled to myself this morning when I saw the goals from Liverpool v Real Madrid. Two top, international goalkeepers quite simply gave a goal apiece away trying to play out from inside their own penalty areas as they were being closed down. Whatever happened to Row Z? As the old saying goes 'I've never seen anybody score from Row Z'.

I think Allison's was worse than Courtois. The latter got a half dodgy ball back and it bounced up at him. The former decided to play a lazy pass out with plenty of time. 

I watched this as I had no Rovers access. Liverpool started off like the Liverpool of old. They ran roughshod over Madrid and could have been 3 or 4 up. The game was over as soon as Real equalised. The third just after half time caused Liverpool's fragile mental state to collapse. 

Only a fool would put money on a Barcelona style comeback. Liverpool have lost 6 and drawn 1 in the last 7 against Madrid. Real will pass the ball around all night, fall over at every opportunity, and generally annoy the Liverpool players.

Napoli will go far this year. 

15 hours ago, arbitro said:

What is wrong with these morons? 

Just get rid FFS!

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea game interesting last night.

Dortmund looked the much better coached and Bellingham easily the best player on the field.

But man for man the other Chelsea players were easily superior and Dortmund didn't give it much of a go considering the quality of their support. 

• Like 1

On 16/02/2023 at 16:03, SBlue said:

Stunned that the Topman sponsored gobshite Scott Parker is a Champions League manager.

Only second to Nathan Jones for how much his interviews get on me tits.

You and me both @SBlue ! Both the "gold medallist" on your list and Mr. Smoothe-Parker.

Not any more, he isn't; after Benfica put five past Club Brugge on Tuesday night - the 10th game out of 12 since he was appointed that they failed to win - Club Brugge announced that they had terminated his contract.

Without, afaik, none of the frequent, "The club thanks him for his efforts and wishes him well for the future."

2 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

You and me both @SBlue ! Both the "gold medallist" on your list and Mr. Smoothe-Parker.

Not any more, he isn't; after Benfica put five past Club Brugge on Tuesday night - the 10th game out of 12 since he was appointed that they failed to win - Club Brugge announced that they had terminated his contract.

Without, afaik, none of the frequent, "The club thanks him for his efforts and wishes him well for the future."

Last UK manager to not crash and burn abroad, the wally with the brolly? Apart from that bobby Robson and Roy hodgson? Why does it not travel?

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Last UK manager to not crash and burn abroad, the wally with the brolly? Apart from that bobby Robson and Roy hodgson? Why does it not travel?

Graham Potter?

14 hours ago, Blow-in said:

A lot stay in England, but even within England an English manager hasn't won the Premier League ever (I don't think). Not sure who the last top division winner with an English manager - maybe Howard Wilkinson? 

• Like 1