BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 19/10/21

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Park was clearly a Mowbray appointment,surely if Mowbray leaves like the majority want then he will be going with him.

A new manager will want to bring his own people in 

Depends who and what the new manager wants and what the club decided. Park has good CV so not sure a new manager wants. 

If Mowbray goes I expect Venus and Lowe to leave. Damien Johnson has to stay and in a number 2 role possibly 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Conor Mahoney

decided to Bournemouth when out of contract here and now at Millwall as a squad player. 

4 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

C'MON Stanley.  Never.

I did for a while.  Lived a stones throw from the Crown when they started back up in 68.  Was not allowed to go to Ewood alone at that tender age, had to wait another 3 years for that  but I'd been a Rovers fan since 6 but had to go with an adult, Stanley I could go by meself as it was deemed safe by me mum and dad so I did not dare tell em I nearly got me head kicked in at Kirkby.  Yes I often went away, on the same bus as the players such was the support.  I do keep an eye on their results.  Always thought my dream result would be to watch Stanley beat the Dingles playing in the same division.  More danger of it actually being us now

Still if I I switched my allegiance I suppose I would be a glory hunter.  I am just so bloody frustrated with watching what ToMondoes week in week out and nothing happening to fix things.

• DE. unpinned this topic
On 21/10/2021 at 08:58, Mike E said:

By not giving contracts to a multitude of non-players in recent years.

By getting our money's worth when selling players (even Armstrong was sold short by around £5m on false pretences). £3m for Raya? £3.5m for NZonzi? Cairney? Hanley? Duffy? Even the outgoing Nyambe and Rothwell are worth much more than we will get for them out of contract.

By investing in solid young players instead of persisting with older players (we actually do this to an extent, in fairness, but there's no need for Johnson to still be here at the expense of an academy player or a more mobile purchased player).

By being better at negotiating contracts.

By being more astute with ticket pricing, which generates more income via tickets AND kiosks AND club shop.

Actual marketing! I think the £14.60 is the first good marketing initiative the club has had in years! The Oxford promotion game would've had a semi-competent CEO raking in the money for the club.

Equally, we should be raking in literally millions in Chilean pesos currently. Sell Chile shirts in the club shop. Sell Rovers streaming to Chilean fans. Sell Rovers shirts (even old ones) to Chilean fans.

By finding a sponsor for the Riverside.

By maintaining the ground regularly at a low level, instead of paying out for full repairs a year or two later.

By making sure a £300k CEO earns his money.

Basically if they run the club competently and with a bit of foresight, this club could and should either be more competitive in this league, OR be more profitable/sustainable, and probably both.

As the kids used to say ... TL;DR

On 21/10/2021 at 09:22, arbitro said:

THE CLUB IS AWFULLY RUN.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v QPR (a) - 19/10/21