BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 19/10/21

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

18/1 on Sky bet at the min. I don’t think we will go down either, but I wouldn’t completely rule it out, without a change of manager.

Too many shit teams.Yeah we will go through long spells where we look relegation fodder (like every season since Mowbray been here,) but we will also have unbeaten spells like every season.With the prospect of Derby having more points deducted and Reading also facing a points deduction I just don't see anyway we get relegated this season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

This is where I think this season will be different.   We simply don't have the midfield, especially when Rothwell goes in Jan. 

We have already done it this season.We are 10th not 20th.

No guarantee Rothwell leaves in January all the talk at the moment is him signing a pre contract with Rangers so wouldn't be going until the summer.

Even without Rothwell we ain't as bad as Peterborough, Hull, and other teams.Derby will go down if another points deduction and they have to sell players in January.We wont finish any lower than 17th in my opinion

Surprises me how little stick Johnson got for the goal. He was awful. So static, no pressure and just allowed Chair to have a pop. 

There were moments where we were in the game. However when both Travis and Edun were taken out of midfield we were always going to get over run. Especially when 2 of the 3 in there included the child like Clarkson and the past it, immobile, overweight Johnson. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

So you haven’t been repeatedly telling us how things are now going to change for the better under these owners -even though on that post this morning you stated that you want them to leave?!

No wonder folk can’t make head nor tail of where you are coming from..

Don’t be so silly at no point have I ever posted support for venkys my support is for BRFC and the team ! It’s not my fault if people read what they think they want to read instead of looking at the actual words I wrote 

10 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Don’t be so silly at no point have I ever posted support for venkys my support is for BRFC and the team ! It’s not my fault if people read what they think they want to read instead of looking at the actual words I wrote 

You said repeatedly on the Waggott thread that they are doing/have done good things, that we can’t survive without them and things are changing behind the scenes.

Today you are saying you want them out of the club  - bit of an odd standpoint if we can’t survive without them.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We have already done it this season.We are 10th not 20th.

No guarantee Rothwell leaves in January all the talk at the moment is him signing a pre contract with Rangers so wouldn't be going until the summer.

Even without Rothwell we ain't as bad as Peterborough, Hull, and other teams.Derby will go down if another points deduction and they have to sell players in January.We wont finish any lower than 17th in my opinion

Great stuff...."We're not quite as shit as three other teams! Sign here for your 17 game season ticket"

Expectations really are at an all time low...

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You said at one stage not long ago, you wanted to work with Venky’s to improve matters, but then you were saying ‘Venky’s out’ earlier?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Great stuff...."We're not quite as shit as three other teams! Sign here for your 17 game season ticket"

Expectations really are at an all time low...

Did I say it's anything to get excited about?Did I say Im happy about it?No !

I'm replying to people saying we will go down when I don't think there is any chance we will get relegated this season.

There are 24 teams in the championship btw

Edited by islander200

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Did I say it's anything to get excited about?Did I say Im happy about it?No !

I'm replying to people saying we will go down when I don't think there is any chance we will get relegated this season.

There are 24 teams in the championship btw

I was referencing the three you specifically named, being Hull, Peterborough and Derby. I struggle to see us finishing 17th at present but I'll give you 21st...

I'm not sure what your point is? We definitely are at risk this season, but even if we do stay up (because of the aforementioned shit teams), no one wants to sit through a season of abject performances that simply delays the inevitable by a year.

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

I was referencing the three you specifically named, being Hull, Peterborough and Derby. I struggle to see us finishing 17th at present but I'll give you 21st...

I'm not sure what your point is? We definitely are at risk this season, but even if we do stay up (because of the aforementioned shit teams), no one wants to sit through a season of abject performances that simply delays the inevitable by a year.

Get through this season and hopefully a new management team in place next summer and hopefully some money will be spent on improving the squad. 

You don't get my point? Posters were saying we could go down, I said in my opinion we wouldn't go down due to there being worse teams than us?Not sure what you don't get about that?Hardly rocket science is it?

And why do you struggle with 17th?We are in 11th now ain't we?Have we not beaten teams this season? 

Edited by islander200

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I did read your words in the Blackpool match thread very carefully. You said that you believed things would improve due to what you had been told. But you didn't give any details at all.

Do you still believe things will improve and can you reveal anything yet ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I did read your words in the Blackpool match thread very carefully. You said that you believed things would improve due to what you had been told. But you didn't give any details at all.

Do you still believe things will improve and can you reveal anything yet ?

I also read his words very carefully and have yet to see any improvement or any change for that matter.

I know the poster has stated that he is due to go back for another meeting with the club official to see the proof of what has been said and has stated that both he and the club will be left with egg on their faces, if nothing has changed.

Perhaps something is in the offing, but so far as I can see, there is no evidence to support these claims yet.

28 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You said at one stage not long ago, you wanted to work with Venky’s to improve matters, but then you were saying ‘Venky’s out’ earlier?

It doesn't see to make sense does it, but when I questioned if he had an agenda, he suggested he doesn't?

What was embarrassing last night was time wasting against QPR. Pathetic really. Mowbray saodbhe thoygtj we would win 1-0, not sure what he based that on, did we have any decent chances? 

Clarkson and Butterworth looked miles off the standard required and they weren't alone. 

This move to a back 3 or 5 ,whatever you wanna call it,does not look to suit Ayala 

31 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve never said I wanted to work with anyone Khod all I have done is to seek answers to weed out utter shite spouted on here on other forums and often without any foundation and that is what I have done. I am happy with everything I learned as fact I am totally happy with what I have been told and there are no reasons why I should doubt it. I am further happy to have dispelled rumour and myth by my own investigations alongside information and evidence obtained by many others including members of this forum. So if some don’t like it or don’t agree then so be it. Am I bothered by it? Absolutely not. Am I concerned with alternative views and opinions ? No people can think what they want to believe even if it is total horseshit. Do I cuss those who have alternative views ? No I accept them as they are. Other than that I would say put me on ignore ! I really do it have any concerns other than the future of the club I have supported for 50 plus years. I can repeat ad finitum I want change I want Mowbray out and I want to see a change of ownership as well as a major overhaul of the current board. I also want to see Rovers fans backing the team but quite clearly as some point out it isn’t who owns us it isn’t the manager it’s because they have other things to do in a match day 😅 that is of course if you believe and accept what is written on here 

16 minutes ago, lraC said:

I also read his words very carefully and have yet to see any improvement or any change for that matter.

I know the poster has stated that he is due to go back for another meeting with the club official to see the proof of what has been said and has stated that both he and the club will be left with egg on their faces, if nothing has changed.

Perhaps something is in the offing, but so far as I can see, there is no evidence to support these claims yet.

Egg on my face? I don’t ever recall saying that about me I do think I suggested the embarrassment would be a huge thing in the club and board.

You really need to look into all aspects of the club and what may or may not have improved ! 

• Like 1