BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (a) - 19/10/21

Mowbray complaining to the assistant ref that only 4 minutes added time was it. 

Fuck me, it was Rovers who were wasting time in the first place. Shittest, most unorganised performance I've seen for a long time. 

There has to be changes now as we can't carry on like this. It's soul destroyingm

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Bowyer finished higher in this division than Mowbray ever has or will with Rovers, twice. He wasn't good enough either, but I don't think there's much (any?) evidence to say Mowbray has done better.

Bowyer got nowhere near the money Mowbray had to spend and  although he inherited a better squad than Mowbray did he had to contend with a transfer embargo

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Bowyer finished higher in this division than Mowbray ever has or will with Rovers, twice. He wasn't good enough either, but I don't think there's much (any?) evidence to say Mowbray has done better.

Right but he was already here. They were lucky he was as they can’t seem to find anyone capable on their own. 

1 minute ago, booth said:

How long till Mowbray throws his toys out of the pram like last year and spends the rest of the season on his arse?

Looks like he needs a Chris Ryan book to keep him occupied. One of them ex-SAS lads books, very macho, help take the edge off the boredom for the fella. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, LDRover said:

What is it over the last 46 games? Points wise?

It's a 24% win average. 

Which Google has told me is the exact figure for relegation from the Premier League.

I'm aware we're not in the PL, I don't have the will for life to bother researching the Championship, prefer for us all to agree it's absolute dogshit, for what feels like an eternity. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

image.png.129f6ea73401b4b8271b3ec3648998f9.png

Don't forget you have 24 hours after the final whistle to rate each players performance, and the player with the highest average gets our Man of the Match award. 

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/716943/qpr-blackburn

We'll draw 2 random winners from everyone that votes & they'll win a Tony Parkes Art Print, courtesy of Turnstile Magazine.

Having some technical difficulties with the data feed from the supplier at the moment, hopefully fixed soon.

Perhaps it's for the best 🙂

• Like 3

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Right but he was already here. They were lucky he was as they can’t seem to find anyone capable on their own. 

Well yeah, but technically he was still hired as manager by them, so I'd say he has to count. If we're talking purely external appointments then there isn't much competition as other than Kean none of the others lasted more than 3/4 of a season.

In my view Bowyer has been the best manager of the Venky era, and that just about says it all really! 

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Bowyer got nowhere near the money Mowbray had to spend and  although he inherited a better squad than Mowbray did he had to contend with a transfer embargo

He probably had a bigger wage budget, but most of it was taken up by the dross and pay-offs from contract terminations inherited from his predecessors. I was annoyed by Bowyer towards the end, but that's nothing compared to how it feels with Mowbray now. It was nowhere near as hopeless. Bowyer was terminated for far less than the abysmal form and general performance Mowbray has displayed over the past couple of seasons. Makes you wonder if his sacking was based on performance at all, or something totally unrelated. It's either that or the owners have lost whatever small amount of interest and ambition they had between now and then. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Well yeah, but technically he was still hired as manager by them, so I'd say he has to count. If we're talking purely external appointments then there isn't much competition as other than Kean none of the others lasted more than 3/4 of a season.

I don’t disagree with the gist of your post but if Bowyer wasn’t an external appointment then neither was K**n.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I don’t disagree with the gist of your post but if Bowyer wasn’t an external appointment then neither was K**n.

Fair point, I think my brain tries to limit his involvement at the club as much as possible, so I try to forget he existed at all before December 2010. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

In my view Bowyer has been the best manager of the Venky era, and that just about says it all really! 

He probably had a bigger wage budget, but most of it was taken up by the dross and pay-offs from contract terminations inherited from his predecessors. I was annoyed by Bowyer towards the end, but that's nothing compared to how it feels with Mowbray now. It was nowhere near as hopeless. Bowyer was terminated for far less than the abysmal form and general performance Mowbray has displayed over the past couple of seasons. Makes you wonder if his sacking was based on performance at all, or something totally unrelated. It's either that or the owners have lost whatever small amount of interest and ambition they had between now and then. 

Yes it speaks volumes that the best manager hired was the caretaker that was promoted when they sacked the clowns before him.  It’s really a depressing list over the last 10 years if you look at it.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Yes it speaks volumes that the best manager hired was the caretaker that was promoted when they sacked the clowns before him.  It’s really a depressing list over the last 10 years if you look at it.

Kean, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle, Mowbray. Yep, depressing is right. 7 managerial appointments and the best they have to show for it is finishing 2nd in League 1. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Kean, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle, Mowbray. Yep, depressing is right. 7 managerial appointments and the best they have to show for it is finishing 2nd in League 1. 

Yeah…I want Mowbary gone as much as anyone but not confident in who come through the door next. 

Edited by yankfan
Typo

Another midweek game available on the red button for someone who struggles to make midweek games, another chance to show the nation what we are and yet again it's a dog awful mess. What does it say about the Championship when a team on the edge of the play offs is that bad. 

I saw a doomed Newcastle side on Sunday and thought wow, they are bad but tonight is next level.

We are the easiest and most predictable team to play against. 

You know everytime there is even the slightest press we will play back to Kaminski, its then going out for a throw or back to the opposition, either way we lose possession. Was only a matter of time tonight, could feel it coming and for a team like QPR who have been scoring at will, we were lucky to escape with a one nil. 

Now Mowbray will Lord us up for only being beaten by the odd goal, aren't we competitive? I think not.

I still like the Lenihan/Ayala pairing, bloody hecke is way off the pace and needs more u23 time in my opinion. The attempted header that went under his foot said it all. Edun needs a run of games to settle down, Clarkson can go back and lace Harvey's boots. Pickering will be ok over the season I think, but Nyambe was clearly a level above anyone in a Rovers shirt tonight in my opinion. 

Brereton starved, Butterworth not ready, Rothwell gave us little and Johnson at least added some experience after Travis was injured and for his first game, thought he did OK.

We all know, on their day this squad can produce but are mid table at best when all planets are aligned. It looks set to get worse when we couldn't really imagine how after the abysmal transfer window.

Needs clearing from the very top including down to Mowbray, even if it means a few years of mire to bounce back but until that, I literally see a plane with no wings, way up in the clouds that is just slowly dwindling towards a crash where I literally see the end, far worse than even where Derby sit now.

Who would buy us though? Only a very rich Rovers fan or a foreign group with money to burn but we know what that looks like.

Then to replace TM, I'm sure Ainsworth would love a pop at working miracles with the setup and the fact it's a level above but aside from that, I just don't see the attraction with where the club now is and is clearly heading.

Fasten your seat belts, the next Tony death spiral has begun and this one is going to be ferocious. Last year's was a gale, this year I think is going to be a twister...

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Mowbray complaining to the assistant ref that only 4 minutes added time was it. 

Fuck me, it was Rovers who were wasting time in the first place. Shittest, most unorganised performance I've seen for a long time. 

There has to be changes now as we can't carry on like this. It's soul destroyingm

TBH - Mowbray was right to complain about the added time - doesn't matter which team is doing the time wasting - it should still be added time. Having said that - it was the only thing Mowbray got right all night.

• Like 1