BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

A quick bit of research on him - he is apparently absolutely rapid.

If this is true then I expect this means that Nyambe is off. A real shame, but at least we seem to have done our homework into a replacement.

We haven't seen anything of this guy, whereas we know for certain Nyambe is the real deal.

I would far rather pay Nyambe what he wants.

And, what's the betting if Nyambe departs in January, this guy follows in summer leaving us without a RB.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We haven't seen anything of this guy, whereas we know for certain Nyambe is the real deal.

And, what's the betting if Nyambe departs in January, this guy follows in summer leaving us without a RB.

Except for the Irish gezza who signed yesterday......and JRC?

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet Mowbray used exactly the same argument in reverse to justify NOT handing  out improved deals to the three at an appropriate time.

Didn't want to upset the rest of the squad etc.

But then signs Ayala on £15k/week.

Not saying who is right or wrong.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

JRC's crap (at full back) and the other guy has come from a Pub League.

Surely not passing judgement on a player youve not seen in the case of Brown?

[Although you could ask the same with JRC with his injury record]

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

JRC's crap (at full back) and the other guy has come from a Pub 

Nyambe is a great one on one defender but his positioning and concentration are poor with his ability on the ball being dreadful. He hasn't made significant improvements since he broke through at 18 so if he won't sign and moves on then we won't struggle to replace him. JRC is very good technically, reads the game but his defending can be improved  definitely. Sadly he is made of glass so is unlikely to be a regular here and will likely move on in a couple of years.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, to be clear I'd be delighted if Nyambe signs on.

The rumours seem to be a loan with the option to buy though, so if Nyambe is to leave, then at least it seems as though we're getting his replacement in beforehand which you have to say hasn't always been our strong point in recent years. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Like him already from the video, love seeing someone who enjoys tackling like that.

Certainly going to rack up the fines for bookings though! 😆

I thought exactly the same. He looks spot on though, albeit from a video of his best bits. 

What seems promising is the fact his brain doesn't seem to melt after he passes the halfway line. Certainly looks as pacy and combative as Nyambe defensively.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Yes, to be clear I'd be delighted if Nyambe signs on.

The rumours seem to be a loan with the option to buy though, so if Nyambe is to leave, then at least it seems as though we're getting his replacement in beforehand which you have to say hasn't always been our strong point in recent years. 

Well yes, people have been saying we need a back up to Nyambe as a priority so if this guy is that, no complaints there.

Is he that though? If it's a case of replacing one with the other, it just smacks to me of unnecessarily disrupting the starting X1 and the harmony in the dressing room for the sake of it and its unlikely to be any cheaper in the long run.

Interestingly Mowbray has changed his tune and now said in the LT no-one will be leaving so we'll have to wait and see.

36 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'm reading his name above thinking it's one of those 'Runya Soksov' jokes being posted. Turns out it's a real signing.

That is an 'outside the box' signing. Never seen him play or heard of him even. I'm intrigued. I guess that means Nyambe is off.

Ha Ha me too , read it about six times trying to figure it out.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Same!

Not quite the same point, but it made me think of the Bulgarian player we were once linked with (Domovchiyski?) under Hughes? I seem to remember someone on here made up that he could run the hundred meters in under 10 seconds, and later that day Sky Sports news were running that Rovers were linked with lightning-quick striker, much to the bemusement of anyone who had ever seen him play. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well yes, people have been saying we need a back up to Nyambe as a priority so if this guy is that, no complaints there.

Is he that though? If it's a case of replacing one with the other, it just smacks to me of unnecessarily disrupting the starting X1 and the harmony in the dressing room for the sake of it and its unlikely to be any cheaper in the long run.

Interestingly Mowbray has changed his tune and now said in the LT no-one will be leaving so we'll have to wait and see.

If Nyambe has made it clear that he wont be signing a new deal(im unconvinced its purely financial in his case) and we are being offered 3 or 4 million for him id consider it if that money was being reinvested in the squad THIS window.

My preference would be that he signs a new deal as i do rate him but out of the 3 i dont think he is as important as the other 2 with the current system we are playing and out of the 3 i think he would be the easist to replace in the short term.He does have work to do on his game.I do think the team would be better having someone who is better in the final 3rd, but obviously need to be as close to how good Nyambe is at the back.

Maybe this guy being brought in to compete with Nyambe which would be a very positive move by the club with hopefully another couple of signings on the way.

The biggest ballache with the contract situation is we cant fully enjoy the moment, 2nd in the league and performing with real conviction.Roll on Feb 1st

Edited by islander200

10 minutes ago, USABlue said:

About 3 times for me (from Chesire Rover's post) before I said 'I don't get it' and scrolled down to see if it was real or someone else got it.

Loan with a buy is a good way to make sure we have quality cover this season for Nyambe, which we needed anyway, and that if he leaves in the summer we are already covered. Although questions remain over whether we could agree terms with this lad at that point, especially if he does really well. Hopefully we have an idea of wage demands.

I suspect it's also being done as a buffer against someone making a Nyambe bid this Jan that we feel we have to take. That could be where the problems kick in, as I would then still feel we needed experienced RB cover. We would be essentially replacing the known with the unknown, and a player who hasn't adjusted yet (anyone know if he is in match shape?). That could damage our promotion charge.

From the 4m euros move he has made before, I'm going to assume he wants more wages than Nyambe does, and comes with a fee, so presumably we think he is better. Unless the fabled wage structure involves never paying past a certain amount for graduates and we are cutting off our nose to spite our face.

(I'm not assuming this deal is actually happening btw, although I do get the vibe it's real)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

If Nyambe I do think the team would be better having someone who is better in the final 3rd, but obviously need to be as close to how good Nyambe is at the back.

You're talking a VERY expensive player there though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

JRC's crap (at full back) and the other guy has come from a Pub League.

What’s the betting the worst thing happens? 

JRC and the lad from Drogheda already written off and might as well “let go”?(quote; Sparks)

I only want to add that I disagree to both these sweeping criticisms and “we’d never seen anything of” most people we’ve signed, so that as an argument against this Dutch international, to me is just weak.

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're talking a VERY expensive player there though.

Are you really tho?Is Nyambe currently that much better than Pickering who we picked up for 650k?Pickering seems to be getting better game by game.

Like i said i do rate Nyambe but if as good and irreplacable as you suggest then why is he still here if his wage is as low as suggested.We have premier league scouts at every game he could have been bought by a Premier league for a pittance in their terms

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'm reading his name above thinking it's one of those 'Runya Soksov' jokes being posted. Turns out it's a real signing.

That is an 'outside the box' signing. Never seen him play or heard of him even. I'm intrigued. I guess that means Nyambe is off.

Lol I thought exactly the same.