BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022 Qatar World Cup

It's probably a bit early but the EFL have announced that, because of the World Cup next season the competitions will start on July 30th and effectively be suspended for a month from November 12th to December 10th for Championship clubs.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/november/15/efl-announces-2022-23-dates/

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It's probably a bit early but the EFL have announced that, because of the World Cup next season the competitions will start on July 30th and effectively be suspended for a month from November 12th to December 10th for Championship clubs.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/november/15/efl-announces-2022-23-dates/

So the Rovers season tickets will go on sale around the 16th July !

I still find it sickening that it's stil going ahead in that grotty foul corrupt inhumane place. 

Everyone involved in it at every level should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion. 

and on top of that it's as good as common knowledge that they simply just bought the decision/ "vote" for the competition to be held there. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I still find it sickening that it's stil going ahead in that grotty foul corrupt inhumane place. 

Everyone involved in it at every level should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion. 

and on top of that it's as good as common knowledge that they simply just bought the decision/ "vote" for the competition to be held there. 

it`s going to be a soulless tournament,i can`t see many fans from europe or south america attending,the only "fans" will be uefa/fifa  bigwigs and the exploited construction workers,who will most likely be forced to attend to flesh out the crowds,nothing to see for the genuine fan,right before christmas,no booze,no birds and no hotel rooms😥

• Like 2

Yep. And in the next few months we will get the prominent national journalists doing articles telling us what a great World Cup it is going to be and how Qatar have pulled out all the stops and spared no expense whilst they get their all expenses paid trip and luxury accommodation thrown in.

The previous faux outrage at FIFA corruption, human rights issues, unsuitable weather and wrecking the domestic calendar so they can play in winter will all be banished to the history books and they'll be on telling us how great Qatar is and how we should all spend our money supporting it.

There will be barely any mention of the uncomfortable reality of things because it would show them all up for the hypocrites they are. And yes - Southgate and his team are at the forefront of that hypocrisy - he never misses an opportunity to use his position to make comments about the rights and wrongs in the world yet will be off to Qatar participating in a competition that anyone wanting to send a message over would boycott.

• Like 5

White elephant grounds built by slave labour doing 20 hour shifts in 50 degree heat… all so North Macedonia or whoever can play Senegal in a November World Cup in front of about 500 people.

The brass neck of the whole thing from the day Blatter saw the dollar signs…

• Like 9

I have been to most Middle Eastern countries within a different sport. I can honestly say that none of them can compete or organise any sporting event without cheating. It’s in their DNA. Can’t wait for one of ‘em to be crowned the first Arab country to win the World Cup. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ianrally said:

I have been to most Middle Eastern countries within a different sport. I can honestly say that none of them can compete or organise any sporting event without cheating. It’s in their DNA. Can’t wait for one of ‘em to be crowned the first Arab country to win the World Cup. 

I don't think it's fair at all to say it's in their DNA. Borderline casual racism in fact. Perhaps you meant in their culture?

23 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Me to for work.

But I do think Asia, South America, large swathes of Europe can give them a run for their money.

Oops I forgot Africa.

Can't be arsed with the US.

Maybe AUS and NZ are the closest to cleanliness we can get.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Me to for work.

But I do think Asia, South America, large swathes of Europe can give them a run for their money.

Oops I forgot Africa.

Can't be arsed with the US.

Maybe AUS and NZ are the closest to cleanliness we can get.

I don't really follow cricket, but wasn't there a big furore over the Aussie cricket team for bad sportsmanship not so long ago?

Unfortunately sport in general is rife with cheating and corruption. Even at amateur level I've seen diving and other cheating...and seriously nepotistic, at best, organisations.

FIFA are absolutely vile though.

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't really follow cricket, but wasn't there a big furore over the Aussie cricket team for bad sportsmanship not so long ago?

Unfortunately sport in general is rife with cheating and corruption. Even at amateur level I've seen diving and other cheating...and seriously nepotistic, at best, organisations.

FIFA are absolutely vile though.

Yes the Aussies in SA sandpapering the ball. Warner, Smith and Bancroft.

TBH the Aussie cricket setup has a long term history of pushing the envelope.I totally agree with the 'sport in general' view.

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes the Aussies in SA sandpapering the ball. Warner, Smith and Bancroft.

TBH the Aussie cricket setup has a long term history of pushing the envelope.I totally agree with the 'sport in general' view.

I guess wherever there is something to be won or gained in life, whether money or just bragging rights, you'll find a portion of people willing to cheat for it.

22 hours ago, bluebruce said:

That's why I'm asking for clarification.

In the sport in which I competed throughout the World, I can only say that when competing in Qatar, Dubai, Jordan, Lebanon, or Oman, there was always evidence of cheating. I can’t speak of Saudi Arabia as I never went there. Nevertheless I have some great friends from those same countries. That is in no way racist as you tried to infer but fact. I hope that is clarification enough for you.