BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah but we had the “ added degree of difficulty “ that was the Chicken Chokers and Kean.

Exactly, they have appointed Kompany who although untested is a big name and will be a big draw when it comes to recruiting players. 

When we went down we had a total arse wipe in charge who couldn't manage his way in and out of a telephone box. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah but we had the “ added degree of difficulty “ that was the Chicken Chokers and Kean.

True enough, I don't really expect them to carry on a downward spiral like we did. 

I do think that their squad has some similar issues though. Collectively we had at least Murphy, Etuhu, Olsson, MGP, Dunny, Dann and maybe one or two more who were all comfortably mid-table standard players in the Prem only a year or two previously.

A combination of age, attitude and the club being a total basket case meant that they weren't able to show their quality. Burnley aren't in such a poor state as we were, but it still remains to be seen how well their more experienced players deal with going down, as it usually goes one of two ways. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

McNeil is wanted by Spurs and West Ham from reports. 

Is Vydra signing a contract? 

Is Gudmundson ever fit. 

My 14 was 1 RB, 3 CB, 2LB, 3 wingers, 1 centre midfielder and 2 strikers. Maybe of squad fillers. I assume Collins, McNeil, Roberts will go. 

We don’t know on Vydra, we’ve offered a contract and are supporting his rehab but so far he hasn’t signed. I said above Gudmundson is never fit and I don’t expect to see him play.

If we sell all the players you expect then we will have funds to add. It’s a massive rebuild either way.

10 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We don’t know on Vydra, we’ve offered a contract and are supporting his rehab but so far he hasn’t signed. I said above Gudmundson is never fit and I don’t expect to see him play.

If we sell all the players you expect then we will have funds to add. It’s a massive rebuild either way.

Well you have missed out Jed Wallace. Signed for WBA

15 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

You need a re-build. You should also have the finances to make a success of it. The management at Rovers squandered our chances. That can happen with the wrong people in charge.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I think a lot of Burnley’s success May hinge on what City players he gets offered and the impact that they have.

We’ve had a few from the likes of City, Chelsea and Liverpool on Loan with varying degrees of success

Harvey Elliott - success 

Tosin - success 

Harwood Bellis - ok 

Kasey Palmer - failed

Jack Byrne - failed 

Karim Rekic? - failed 

Clarkson - failed 

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think a lot of Burnley’s success May hinge on what City players he gets offered and the impact that they have.

We’ve had a few from the likes of City, Chelsea and Liverpool on Loan with varying degrees of success

Harvey Elliott - success 

Tosin - success 

Harwood Bellis - ok 

Kasey Palmer - failed

Jack Byrne - failed 

Karim Rekic? - failed 

Clarkson - failed 

Davenport - failed (albeit permanent)

We also went for Nmecha who went to Preston - shite

16 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

But they won’t go free. So IF those 3 go then I’d say conservatively 60 million quid. You keep going on about debt. The external debt is around 65 million. A big chunk but not end of the world stuff. The rest is to the old owners - and oddly the club itself. All those out of contract players does bring one advantage, wage bill drops hugely. So all in all it isn’t a perfect scenario but far from the doomsday scenario you and the journos are painting I think.

Our squad from 01/07/2022 will be:

Keepers: Hennesy/BPF (I’m assuming Pope is a done deal)

Defenders
RB Roberts/Lowton

CB: Collins/Long

LB: Taylor

Midfield:

McNeill, Gudmundson, Cork, Brownhill, Westwood (I’m assuming Cornet goes)

Forwards: Rodriguez, Barnes, Vydra (possibly) ( again assuming Weghorst goes on loan/sold)

That’s a decent if not exactly creative side. So assuming Pope and cornet are sold that’s around 32 million inbound to add to the parachutes. We realistically need 2 CB, 1 LB, 2 wingers, 1 CM and one striker at least. So that’s hardly 14 players - and I’d expect Kompany to have 3 or 4 loans incoming. 

If the monster offers come in for Collins, McNeill then that’s another 2 needed but around 40 million added to the bank (I’ve knocked 10 off for any Stoke sell on). Of course rebuilds can go wrong and often take time. One thing with the championship is you can have a poor start but still get into the top half/6 with a run of form (Look at Forest). So would I rather be in our position or yours? Good question, I’ll go with ours just because of that quality we’ve got in the middle of the park but it’s close and I’m not certain which club today is in the better position. 

60 million from who? Nobody has that kind of money right now.

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Harvey Elliott - success 

Tosin - success 

Harwood Bellis - ok 

Kasey Palmer - failed

Jack Byrne - failed 

Karim Rekic? - failed 

Clarkson - failed 

Branthwaite was he called, Everton - failed.

Harper, WBA - failed.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Harwood-Bellis is one for the future but I wouldn’t be expecting him to feature in a promoted team. He’s not at that level yet. Tosin obviously was.

Think you are under estimating him as a player. Think he a good solid man player even at 20 years old. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnley are close to signing Ballard from Arsenal for a couple of million.

Would be a very shrewd signing unfortunately, very impressive at Millwall.

Good player. But they go plenty of work to do and I wonder if he is the replacement for Nathan Collins. Massive rebuilding job there for Kompany

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think you are under estimating him as a player. Think he a good solid man player even at 20 years old. 

Good player. But they go plenty of work to do and I wonder if he is the replacement for Nathan Collins. Massive rebuilding job there for Kompany

It’s not too bad having one young centre half playing alongside a more experienced player. I wouldn’t like two young lads playing together. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Looks like the away end at Burnley is still split between Home and Away so the allocation will be smaller than that which we have received previously.

It’s usually 2400 for us, or at least it has been the times I’ve been there. Need to get some away games in before it to be sure of a ticket!

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s usually 2400 for us, or at least it has been the times I’ve been there. Need to get some away games in before it to be sure of a ticket!

Yep. You’ll probably need to be “one of our own” plus 2 away games.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So I believe.

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Newcastle have confirmed the Nick Pope transfer now. Fee 10 million has been reported by the Media. 

Crazy worth more imo. Maybe there's add ons but sounds a good deal for Newcastle. 

• Like 3

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Crazy worth more imo. Maybe there's add ons but sounds a good deal for Newcastle. 

Its a good deal for them. 10 million pounds for England squad keeper. 

Burnley were supposedly wanted 40 million pounds and they were never getting that in a many years. Plus he only had 1 year left on his contract. 

2 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Welcome to the Championship - you have no leverage over disgruntled players.

Also I reckon that's an easy 9 points that's walked out the door - he's a fantastic keeper.

• Like 2

On 23/06/2022 at 11:28, Mellor Rover said:

60 million from who? Nobody has that kind of money right now.

Then they won’t be getting the players. Collins, McNeill are both young and under decent lengths of contracts, Brownhill and Roberts same. People want them they have to come up with the dough. I’m hearing especially true in Collins who we have no desire to sell at all.

On 23/06/2022 at 11:36, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Harwood-Bellis is one for the future but I wouldn’t be expecting him to feature in a promoted team. He’s not at that level yet. Tosin obviously was.

Hearing this deal is close along with another from City. Also heard bid accepted for Twine and Ballard, though my sources are usually as much use a ketchup.

On 23/06/2022 at 16:11, roversfan99 said:

Burnley are close to signing Ballard from Arsenal for a couple of million.

Would be a very shrewd signing unfortunately, very impressive at Millwall.

I’ve heard similar.

On 23/06/2022 at 18:30, Hasta said:

Looks like the away end at Burnley is still split between Home and Away so the allocation will be smaller than that which we have received previously.

23 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Still split - I guess they could sell the whole thing to you if attendances are low though 🤷‍♂️.

Will you give us limited numbers in return?

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a good deal for them. 10 million pounds for England squad keeper. 

Burnley were supposedly wanted 40 million pounds and they were never getting that in a many years. Plus he only had 1 year left on his contract. 

Who says we wanted 40? I think he was worth way more but with a year to go cashing in made sense. 

19 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Welcome to the Championship - you have no leverage over disgruntled players.

Also I reckon that's an easy 9 points that's walked out the door - he's a fantastic keeper.

To be fair to Pope I don’t think he was disgruntled, just wants the best chance at England he can get. We need some cash so I guess it was an easy deal to push through. Not certain to start there and my suffer if Howe is trying to play out. Agree though, easily 8 or 9 points in a season for us - same could be said for Mee and Tarkowski though.