BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, booth said:

Lest we forget, to Burnley fans football only began about a decade ago.

VK will go where the opportunities lie. You're kidding yourself if you think he'll save himself for City, a club doing exceptionally well without him and probably will for the foreseeable.

Mark Hughes was saving himself for the RedRats . Didn’t turn out that way though.

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Time to close this thread down. 

To be fair, this thread only started when we thought the Burnley were going  to be relegated 2021.

Looks a bit childish to close it now after some very gentle ribbing from the resident Dingles. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, redroser said:

To be fair, this thread only started when we thought the Burnley were going  to be relegated 2021.

Looks a bit childish to close it now after some very gentle ribbing from the resident Dingles. 

On balance though, it was noted that instead of attending their own team’s open top bus tour, our resident Burnley fans logged on here….

• Like 3

3 hours ago, redroser said:

It’s when it crosses over from a “ gentle ribbing “ to piss taking that  I object. When I played it was drummed into me “ be a bad loser but a good winner “. That stuck with me - winning was always enough in my book, after the game I never felt the need to denigrate the opponents. Sometimes the margin between success and failure is very narrow indeed, I never forget that also.

i’ve mentioned it before but some of the posters that are on here several times a day were missing for months on end last season.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s when it crosses over from a “ gentle ribbing “ to piss taking that  I object. When I played it was drummed into me “ be a bad loser but a good winner “. That stuck with me - winning was always enough in my book, after the game I never felt the need to denigrate the opponents. Sometimes the margin between success and failure is very narrow indeed, I never forget that also.

i’ve mentioned it before but some of the posters that are on here several times a day were missing for months on end last season.

Let's hope they go missing at the end of next season too 😉

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sorry Tyrone, am I missing something here? I haven't seen any evidence of 'piss-taking' ( unless the mods have removed some posts that I am unaware of).

I get that we are all smarting right now and Burnley's promotion is a bitter pill to swallow, but let's not pretend we are holier than though on the piss taking front, remember we had 34 years of giving it to Burnley.

Football success is cyclical, what goes around, comes around. Rovers will at some stage be in a loftier position than them and the bragging rights will be ours once again.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, redroser said:

Sorry Tyrone, am I missing something here? I haven't seen any evidence of 'piss-taking' ( unless the mods have removed some posts that I am unaware of).

I get that we are all smarting right now and Burnley's promotion is a bitter pill to swallow, but let's not pretend we are holier than though on the piss taking front, remember we had 34 years of giving it to Burnley.

Football success is cyclical, what goes around, comes around. Rovers will at some stage be in a loftier position than them and the bragging rights will be ours once again.

Exactly.

This board needs to "man up", something it isn't noted for.

1 hour ago, redroser said:

I didn’t “ give it to Burnley “ back in the day. I never felt the need to. Rovers winning trophies was enough for me, I never bothered to think about them.

I’ve been around football long enough to know that nothing is forever. That’s why I thought all this flying banners over grounds completely stupid.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

To put some balance on this, yes the Dingles have won the second tier title and been promoted to the premier league, but that is where it ends.

For a lot pf posters on here of the Rovers variety, we have not seen them win a major trophy in our lifetimes. For plenty of the posters on here, (including the Burnley supporters) we have seen Rovers be crowned Champions of England and win the league cup. I will ignore the full members cup, but of course that was open to the top two tiers too.

Plenty have seen the likes of Tranmere Rovers, get to a league cup final and Wigan win a major honour and also seen the Clarets nearly fall out of the entire league.

Not only have Rovers not fallen into the fourth tier ever, the stays in the third tier have been very brief.

Overall the success and failure, of both clubs has a marked contrast, strongly in Rovers favour over the last 60 years, so only the older users of this site, will remember it being any other way.

Edited by lraC
Incorrect information.

We counting the Papa John’s (in one of its many guises) as a major trophy now as that’s all Tranmere have won?

Though to be fair that lot down the road haven’t even got one of those to their name despite their decades in the basement divisions…

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We counting the Papa John’s (in one of its many guises) as a major trophy now as that’s all Tranmere have won?

Though to be fair that lot down the road haven’t even got one of those to their name despite their decades in the basement divisions…

No I didn't mean the trophy for lower league clubs. My mistake, I thought Tranmere won the league cup, but I have now amended the post.

58 minutes ago, lraC said:

To put some balance on this, yes the Dingles have won the second tier title and been promoted to the premier league, but that is where it ends.

Overall the success and failure, of both clubs has a marked contrast, strongly in Rovers favour over the last 60 years, so only the older users of this site, will remember it being any other way.

In my lifetime Burnley have been League Champions and have won the second tier title THREE TIMES, (in addition to getting promoted from it on another 2 occasions). Granted they spent years in the wilderness, while we lorded it over them, but their achievements just like ours, are not to be sniffed at.

It's also worth remembering there is now a generation of young Rovers fans who have never witnessed a Rovers victory over Burnley, ( or even a bloody goal for that matter)!

As I have got older I look at Burnley through more pragmatic eyes. At the end of the day, both clubs have long and proud histories and the fact we both have been able to go toe to toe with the best is some achievement.

• Like 6

And they have a generation of newbies and youngsters who have zero concept of Rovers being the bigger more successful club.

Crowds crowds crowds we are massive they are yelling until their Championship averages in the not too distant past are shown to them. Then it becomes but we are a tiny town with the best support in the world, until the population of the Burnley urban area and their catchment area is displayed to them.

Then it becomes we've got loads of money and you're skint, well you are now run by an investors fund whose aim is for returns from the Prem riches.  Venkys for all their ills use their own money to underwrite the loses whereas that lot seem to be bringing in any Yank nobody who wants a bit of publicity this side of the pond.

It has Ellis Short and Randy Learner written all over it.

Nauseating, Wrexham is a fairy tale, Rovers was winning the Prem but these lot are embarrassing trying to tell a fake tale and thats been done to death a thousand times over across English football.

Lets hear it for Luton Town and the like not these deluded bandwagoning inbreds.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

On balance though, it was noted that instead of attending their own team’s open top bus tour, our resident Burnley fans logged on here….

If you must know, " Longsiders " and I joined Vinny, Little Al, JJ Watt, Ashley Barnes and our respective wives for a Five course meal with matching wines in the Burnley Boardroom last Friday. Alan and his wife drank Harrogate water, whilst we swapped tales of our various Burnley experiences together ...

Alan then made a touching speech which brought a tear to the eye of both " Longsiders " and myself, after which we were presented with specially minted medals, to mark our gallant undercover services to the Club, " behind enemy lines " ! The highlight of the day was when " our Ashley " pulled up his shirt to reveal his new tattoo, on his left arm, in the exact place where the ball hit him in the 89th minute at Ewood .... it simply reads " Gotcha ! "

At the end of the meal, we were both carried shoulder high from the building by members of the Championship winning squad to a chorus of " For he's a jolly good fellow " to awaiting Rolls Royces, to join our wives for a Spa-Weekend at the Crow Wood Hotel. The only downside was that Manual Benson suffered a back spasm trying to loft my ample frame skywards, which forced him to miss Monday's fixture ..... 😎😎

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The heathens should only be allowed to continue posting if they upload a picture of themselves in full Rovers kit.

Full Kit Dingles. 

IMG_20220531_155034_4.jpg.7619a113e97ada2da52e726b7aac29a1.jpg

Me, in full Blackburn kit, October 1986 .... OK, wrong code of Football but still ....

I also have several friends of the Rovers persuasion, one of who's son recently played in Rovers U14's 2-0 win over Burnley. I warmly congratulated both Son & Father on this, on a personal basis, naturally. Finally, to mark his 40th birthday, Mrs " Sympathetic Claret " and I have ordered a Retro Classico bespoke Ceefax T-Shirt for another friend, commemorating 1st April 2001 ..... 

Can I still play, please ? 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Finally, to mark his 40th birthday, Mrs " Sympathetic Claret " and I have ordered a Retro Classico bespoke Ceefax T-Shirt

And they say Burnley is in the dark ages. Congratulations to you and 'Mrs' Sympathetic Claret. 

You are amongst friends. 😉

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Just received this from a Dingle mate

IMG-20230510-WA0000.jpg.337f6a24515b959099bb51b7bb1458f6.jpg

A West Ham fan photoshopped this with the Millwall crest, and very well done it was too.

You can still see the Millwall Crest behind it, but well done to them for giving it a go, not easy for a Dingle.

• Like 3

On 10/05/2023 at 10:36, redroser said:

Couldn’t agree more. 

• Like 2