BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Rumours that Taylor Harwood-Bellis has fractured his foot. Might be out for a few months. Not sure how accurate that is.

In other news, I didn't realise Maatsen was a loanee (from Chelsea). I thought they'd purchased him. This does not fit the narrative of them buying the league, which is disappointing to say the least.

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Rumours that Taylor Harwood-Bellis has fractured his foot. Might be out for a few months. Not sure how accurate that is.

In other news, I didn't realise Maatsen was a loanee (from Chelsea). I thought they'd purchased him. This does not fit the narrative of them buying the league, which is disappointing to say the least.

He still wants paying. Anybody coming from Chelsea won’t be on peanuts.

6 hours ago, goozburger said:

He’ll be a big loss for us if that is accurate. No news from the club so far that I’ve seen. We have Taylor who played their early part of the season and McNally who’s somewhat unproven at this level. And the way we play out is central to our system and success. We are linked with a couple of central defenders so this might force our hand.

3 of our first choice defenders are loans as is Tella up front.

Wout Weghorst update .... " Mirror online " now reporting it as a done deal, with Weghorst en-route to Manchester after having cleared his locker, and said his goodbyes at Besiktas ....

Seeing as we have no " skin " in the Premier League game this season, I hope he averages a goal a game, his shirt becomes a best-seller, the fans cheer him to the echo as he scores the winner in the FA Cup final. On the last day, he's carried shoulder high from the field with supporters chanting " For he's jolly good fellow ", as a final game hat-trick propels United into, at the very least, a Champions League spot ...

Richard Arnold ( Utd's Chief Exec ) - " Hello Alan, your chap did great for us, we'd like to sign him permanently .. "
Alan Pace ( Burnley CEO ) - " So glad you're pleased, now about the fee ... "  😉

Edited by sympatheticclaret
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Wout Weghorst update .... " Mirror online " now reporting it as a done deal, with Weghorst en-route to Manchester after having cleared his locker, and said his goodbyes at Besiktas ....

Seeing as we have no " skin " in the Premier League game this season, I hope he averages a goal a game, his shirt becomes a best-seller, the fans cheer him to the echo as he scores the winner in the FA Cup final. On the last day, he's carried shoulder high from the field with supporters chanting " For he's jolly good fellow ", as a final game hat-trick propels United into, at the very least, a Champions League spot ...

Richard Arnold ( Utd's Chief Exec ) - " Hello Alan, your chap did great for us, we'd like to sign him permanently .. "
Alan Pace ( Burnley CEO ) - " So glad you're pleased, now about the fee ... "  😉

One of the strangest transfers I can remember. I’m not knocking his football ability but he isn’t the quickest and Utd like a fast counter. I would have thought the likes of Rashford would be quicker running backwards !

13 hours ago, goozburger said:

Clinton Mola was excellent for you when we played you. Surely he's adequate cover for THB?

Took me a minute that one

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

One of the strangest transfers I can remember. I’m not knocking his football ability but he isn’t the quickest and Utd like a fast counter. I would have thought the likes of Rashford would be quicker running backwards !

He's not the quickest but he is good in the press, good with the ball into his feet and back to goal. It soon transpired he was completely wrong for our system and wrong for our dressing roon. I suspect he might do OK at UTD - and hope he does so we can sell him for a bit of a profit in summer.

24 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Please don't go and get van Hecke on loan! 😢

Not sure but I had the impression he turned us down in the summer anyway. We have Taylor who can cover there but wouldn't be my choice. McNally did look ok against Bournemouth once he'd settled down but not sure he's ready and we are about to sign a 20 year old Belgian/Iraqi but not sure whether he's ready to step in either. The way we play is very dependent on CH's and defenders who can play out from the back, at pace when needed so this is definitely a set back for us.

6 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

It'll be hilarious if he's as bad for united as he was for you. Sadly there's no way he can contribute to a teams relegation this time.

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not sure but I had the impression he turned us down in the summer anyway. We have Taylor who can cover there but wouldn't be my choice. McNally did look ok against Bournemouth once he'd settled down but not sure he's ready and we are about to sign a 20 year old Belgian/Iraqi but not sure whether he's ready to step in either. The way we play is very dependent on CH's and defenders who can play out from the back, at pace when needed so this is definitely a set back for us.

I can only hope it brings you the same amount of joy as our injuries have this season 😉

3 hours ago, booth said:

I can only hope it brings you the same amount of joy as our injuries have this season 😉

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Getting your excuses in early I see. 

There are no excuses. We are 14 points clear. If all we lose player wise this window is one player to injury for a couple of months then we shouldn’t break stride. I’m just saying he’s a big player for us.

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

There are no excuses. We are 14 points clear. If all we lose player wise this window is one player to injury for a couple of months then we shouldn’t break stride. I’m just saying he’s a big player for us.

aren't you after Swansea's striker Michael Obafemi? 

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I was only joking. I think the pressure of trying to buy the league must be getting to you. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, booth said:

It'll be hilarious if he's as bad for united as he was for you. Sadly there's no way he can contribute to a teams relegation this time.

I've got a funny feeling he might be a great success at United .... Wout and Ten Haag were born within 10 miles of each other, just outside Enschede, near the German border, Ten Haag may get the best out of him ...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in " Chaddy Rovers " league as a soothsayer, but something tells me he might suit them ..

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I could not think of anything more repugnant than this.

That scenario makes me want to shit in my own pants and clean up the mess with my tongue. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

aren't you after Swansea's striker Michael Obafemi? 

So they say - will need some tlc to get the best out of him IF we sign him.

12 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I was only joking. I think the pressure of trying to buy the league must be getting to you. 😉

I think I’m just tired from all the cheque signing 😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve never been overly impressed with Obafemi to be honest. No better than what you’ve already got in my opinion.

I’ve only seen him once in the flesh - and forgot he was on the pitch. I guess the manager has earned the right to identify players but I can’t say it’s a signing that will make me think ‘that’s it, we’ve won the league’. Mind you we probably need to cough up near 20 million for the likes of Gyorkes and that isn’t happening.

38 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’ve only seen him once in the flesh - and forgot he was on the pitch. I guess the manager has earned the right to identify players but I can’t say it’s a signing that will make me think ‘that’s it, we’ve won the league’. Mind you we probably need to cough up near 20 million for the likes of Gyorkes and that isn’t happening.

There’s two way of going about it. Buy a player like Gyorkes who looks capable of playing at a higher level now. Or buy a player like Obafemi who may get you promoted. If you do go up buy Gyorkes and sell Obafemi. If Gyorkes is still available of course.

A bit like what we did with Marcus Bent.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1