BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Got to hand it to all twelve fingers of them. Kompany is tearing it up there. I really thought he wouldn't, and I really thought their financial situation would start to bite them without promotion this season.

Yuck. Today, I hate football.

Burnley have played shit today by all accounts, but they have goalscorers in the team and have nicked a goal to get the three points.

Can someone relay that to Gregg? Speak slowly, he's not too quick on the uptake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

Burnley have played shit today by all accounts, but they have goalscorers in the team and have nicked a goal to get the three points.

Shit is a bit harsh but we were not at our best. First half Coventry were easily the better side. We improved second half but were still not at our best. Coventry looked a decent side, Gyorkes looks a very good player.

We play WBA Friday, that may see our unbeaten run end as they are on it.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

They’re getting promoted at Ewood aren’t they?

As sweet as that would be for us there will still be 8 games to play so that seems unlikely plus a lot of football between now and then before we can even think about promotion.

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

As sweet as that would be for us there will still be 8 games to play so that seems unlikely plus a lot of football between now and then before we can even think about promotion.

There won’t be 8 games to play when it gets put back cos you’re  in the fa cup quarter final.

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Shit is a bit harsh but we were not at our best. First half Coventry were easily the better side. We improved second half but were still not at our best. Coventry looked a decent side, Gyorkes looks a very good player.

It was more a point on our ludicrous transfer strategy than you really.

You can get away with having an off day if you have players that don't fluff their chances. That's the difference between the winners and losers.

• Like 2

Burnley will get to the FA Cup quarter finals, our game against them will be rearranged to Wednesday 19th April as that will be the first available date, and they will win promotion and the league title that night.

Never mind though, we're a "project".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Tella should have been sent off and a Burnley player rugby tackled a Coventry player as the corner came in freeing space for the jammy goal.

Cheating since 1898.

Don’t be silly now. If anyone should have been sent off it was their keeper. He was time wasting when they were well on top in the first half 🤷‍♂️

49 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Burnley will get to the FA Cup quarter finals, our game against them will be rearranged to Wednesday 19th April as that will be the first available date, and they will win promotion and the league title that night.

I appreciate your belief in us however we haven’t qualified and no reason to assume we will. IF we do is would pile up fixtures so brings its own issues.

46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Won’t somebody think of the pathways!

😂😂😂.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

The fact that they're walking the league and have the resources to attract the best players exacerbates anything that goes wrong at Rovers. It's extremely bittersweet at the moment. We are doing well to say we're in a season of big transition, and yet it feels depressing. It's hard to keep rational on days like yesterday.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm sick to fuck of this arse licking Dingle thread.

I didn't use to have a problem with them.

Thanks JDT.

To be fair it was started to celebrate our impending relegation and somewhat continued to gloat about our impending financial implosion - and back to back relegation in the eyes of a few.

Things obviously took a different turn so maybe it is time for the admins to lock this thread and stick to the more general Championship thread so at least anything on us is diluted 🤷‍♂️. Could always be reopened if we implode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This thread is going to get increasingly hard to bare as that lot inevitably gain promotion without breaking a Sweat and we tumble...we're masochists!

Just wait until they put 5+ past us at Ewood. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not a chance. Your guys will be desperate to put right the Turf result. 

I think you're massively overestimating a) how much our manager cares about local derbies and b) the spine in this team.

All you need to do is pin us back and get an early goal - do that and you'll get as many as you like. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Your guys will be desperate to put right the Turf result. 

No they won't. We were supposed to get a redemption against Preston at Ewood. We got hammered 4-1 with another gutless performance. The kicker is that Preston then went on to have an awful run. Not too dissimilar to Wigan's fortunes after they defeated us with ease during another gutless Rovers performance.

The writing is on the wall based on evidence so far. I'm absolutely dreading watching you lot come to Ewood.

• Like 4

But at the same time you’ve had big results and the manager has a couple of more months to work on your team. I’m sure he will ensure the likes of Wharton come in to add some fire to the teams belly.

Listen I’d love a 0-5 and some salve for April fools day but I 100% believe you will be a different team in that game.

31 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I don't know. I get the overriding impression that the players aren't happy. The team spirit seems non-existent. It's worrying.

You see them week in and out so I’ll always defer to your knowledge obviously. 

A lot of people seem to be assuming we are up, a dangerous game with 57 points to play for. we’ve looked a bit off in a few games recently and on Friday we have a team in top form coming to town.

16 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

You see them week in and out so I’ll always defer to your knowledge obviously.

Believe me, my view of the game is probably a marginal one, as others on here will probably testify. 😄

I think there is a difference between "looked a bit off" and still picking up points than getting hammered by three or four goals regularly. All teams have their "problems". Every team in the league would pick your "problem" over whatever it is they currently have.

• Like 1