BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt say the gulf is massive,maybe in the six but there are plenty of dreadful sides in the lower half of the premier league,no reason why any club can`t survive,brighton,brentford and fulham are prime examples,they are all smaller clubs than burnley and rovers as well

Lest we forget Burnley did survive for 6 seasons with a comparatively tiny budget

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s that old chestnut of what makes a ‘bigger’ club.

Brighton may not have our history but they happen to have a much larger and much more affluent catchment area. Couple that with a switched on owner who has transformed the club in all areas and we are miles away from them.

Same applies to Brentford and Fulham this season. The minute you drop out of the Prem you’re standing still and the rest are running. The longer you’re out the further behind you are.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J*B said:

A club like Burnley (and Rovers) will always struggle to survive in the modern Premier League. Even if you get every single decision right, ultimately, someone will poach your best players, manager, DOF and you can’t get every decision right forever. 

You’ll go up this year, may well win the league, but as you say next year will be a battle. As a spectacle I’m very much of the opinion that watching your team winning in the Championship is more fun than watching your team struggle to compete in the Premier League. The sooner the European League comes the better. 

I can't fathom that at all, surely when we are near the top you then do not want us to keep winning because the potential reward would reduce you enjoyment of watching us?

The standard of this league is crap, yes you might take one or two beatings along the way but our team playing v the best players would surely be what we want.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You didn’t get stick for saying it, a load on here didn’t necessarily disagree, it is because of your general gloating tone seen joining . 

How long (and how much abuse would they get) if a Rovers fan posted like you’ve been doing on UTC? You’re just lucky that this is a pretty placid place.

I must admit I've thought " David Brent " could have adopted a more conciliatory tone in his posts. All clubs have their bad trots and the last thing you need is some berk from your local rivals rubbing it in, and pointing out the " bleedin' obvious " !!

I think " Longsiders " and I get a very fair hearing on here, far more so than I suspect one of you would get in " The Beehole End " or " Up the Clarets " .... Best wishes to all of you and yours for the New Year !!

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
45 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I must admit I've thought " David Brent " could have adopted a more conciliatory tone in his posts. All clubs have their bad trots and the last thing you need is some berk from your local rivals rubbing it in, and pointing out the " bleedin' obvious " !!

I think " Longsiders " and I get a very fair hearing on here, far more so than I suspect one of you would get in " The Beehole End " or " Up the Clarets " .... Best wishes to all of you and yours for the New Year !!

I think this is the crux of it, whether we as fans want to admit it or not, anyone with two working eyes knows Burnley have a far better squad than us. What we don’t need, is Burnley fans coming on here, being cocky and rubbing our noses in it.

We are happy to have Burnley fans on here, as long as you respect the house you’re in. Don’t think any Rovers fans would have gone on a Burnley forum at our height and rubbed our noses in it and lasted long. You’re lucky we are a patient bunch on here.

• Like 6

Tough game tonight but we’ve managed to handle it and come out with a narrow win - possibly an ominous sign if we win when a long way from our best.

17 points from 7th, 14th from third. Still a lot of football to be played but so far, so damn good.

Swansea have smashed Watford tonight and we are there next. Will need to be better than we were tonight - mind you a different challenge and probably a style more suited to us. 

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Tough game tonight but we’ve managed to handle it and come out with a narrow win - possibly an ominous sign if we win when a long way from our best.

17 points from 7th, 14th from third. Still a lot of football to be played but so far, so damn good.

Swansea have smashed Watford tonight and we are there next. Will need to be better than we were tonight - mind you a different challenge and probably a style more suited to us. 

I watched the second half of your game.

The positive that you should take from it is that your players were strolling around and still won.

I saw a bit of the Swansea game and they looked very good.

• Backroom

Next season will be an interesting test for the dingles, does anyone come in for Kompany and if not can he keep them up.

Cant say it wouldn’t be a nice problem to have mind!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Aye ok Longers, the weekly ‘tough game’, ‘different test coming up’ routine.

Bit like when City have just smacked some no hopers but Pep pretends Bournemouth away or whoever’s next will be akin to Real Madrid.

lol - I’m being serious. Stoke were physical and we struggled to cope. And Swansea have just put 4 passes who were probably most people favourites to win this league.

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Remember that season were we were that far ahead the bookies stopped taking bets on us for promotion ?  Then Mike Newell broke his leg. We just scraped into the play offs on the last day.

We were only ever 8 points clear of 3rd. They are almost double that!

15 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Will take an almighty cock up for you not to get promoted.

In my heart of hearts, I suspect we'll get promoted, not necessarily as Champions, with something to spare ...

However, over the years, I've seen us score 5 away at Grimsby and still lose, score 4 at home to Sheffield Wednesday but lose 4-7, and perhaps worst of all, lead 0-2 at Darlington in the League Cup with 8 minutes to go and lose 3-2 !! We are also the only top tier Club to lose at home to non-league opposition twice in the FA Cup ....

If anyone could do a " Devon Loch ", it's us ..... 😉

• Like 1

It's a lazy argument to simply say that Kompany has simply 'bought' success.

Yes, he's had plenty of money to spend, but he's had to put together a whole new side. It's one thing buying players, it's another thing completely to put a new team together, one that consistently wins games, and does so in the style which they are playing.

He's done this in next to no time, which is some achievement IMO.

I just wish he'd bugger off to a proper club...

• Like 3

I’ll probably get some stick for this but I’d much rather see Burnley get promoted than Watford, Swansea or some other southern or Welsh lot. 

And nobody can say they don’t deserve it either - with just one notable aberration they have made this league look the tinpot affair that it is. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I’ll probably get some stick for this but I’d much rather see Burnley get promoted than Watford, Swansea or some other southern or Welsh lot. 

And nobody can say they don’t deserve it either - with just one notable aberration they have made this league look the tinpot affair that it is. 

I want them promoted because i'd rather they were struggling to win a game in the Prem than having a good time winning every week in our league,pisses me off seeing them so happy 😀

• Like 2