BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Very, very lucky to get away without that penalty decision yesterday, fair play VK for admitting it should have been given. On the plus side its never a completely bad thing seeing Ince upset.

Get them balls in behind and they can't hack it, Diaz especially is made for the game on the 13th, press the dodgy keeper into mistakes and we walk away with an easy 3 points.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Easy three points’ away at the side top of the league with one defeat all season?

Obviously nobody thinks that, whereas plenty of yours do look as if they reckon promotion is in the bag already…

You were saying? I’ve read it on here a few times.

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Also should have mentioned the stonewall penalty we didn’t get when their player simply wrapped his arms around Harwood-Bellis at a corner. 

It seems this is still allowed as is two handed push in the back.  But by god don't knock a player over sliding into a challenge.  Shirt holding on the blind side of the ref is getting quite prevalent too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’d have ten penalties a game if you started giving them for holding at corners these days. I agree that something should be done about it though. Not a random pen in the first game of the season but an on going campaign to stamp it out.

Then ten pens it should be.  It needs stopped.  They are fouls, give em.

• Like 5

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

My biggest fear is a weak referee who doesn’t punish your relentless fouling

How rude. 

We've had 1 yellow card in last 180mins of football. 

Not bad in the rough and tumble of the Championship. 

Feels almost like you're getting the excuses ready in advance. 😉

• Like 4

Burnley are more accomplished and further along than is in their rebuild, why?  well that is easy they bought better quality than we did, they can afford it.  I think almost all across the pitch they have equal or better   We have the better keeper maybe.

One thing may go in our favour more of our players have blue blood and been in Rovers set up longer than most clarets and oerhaps our lads will be a bit more up for this than them.  Maybe.  Either way this game does me head in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Then ten pens it should be.  It needs stopped.  They are fouls, give em.

I agree, it’s the only way. But don’t do what they did a few years ago when Oojer had just joined us. They penalised him for holding on and then proceeded to ignore every other incident for the rest of the season. I supposed the ref had ticked the box.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Burnley are more accomplished and further along than is in their rebuild, why?  well that is easy they bought better quality than we did, they can afford it.  I think almost all across the pitch they have equal or better   We have the better keeper maybe.

One thing may go in our favour more of our players have blue blood and been in Rovers set up longer than most clarets and oerhaps our lads will be a bit more up for this than them.  Maybe.  Either way this game does me head in.

We’ve got the best keeper, the best centre halves,  and the best striker. If those lads do their job we should be ok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silas said:

How rude. 

We've had 1 yellow card in last 180mins of football. 

Not bad in the rough and tumble of the Championship. 

Feels almost like you're getting the excuses ready in advance. 😉

No excuses, we need to beat you.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve got the best keeper, the best centre halves,  and the best striker. If those lads do their job we should be ok.

Have you? Conceded more than us and scored less all the same. Let’s see how they cope with our pace and running from Tella, Zaraoury and Benson - not forgetting our wing backs of course. 

Mind you we’ve got the small matters of Rotherham and Sheff Utd first - with a short turnaround between those two making Sheffield and even bigger challenge than it already is. Not unlikely by the time we play you’ve overtaken us in the league.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@longsiders1882 what is wrong with Cullen and Cork?

Cork was a game suspension for 5 yellows. Cullen we are led to believe was a bit of a knock picked up in the Sunderland game - missed last 2 though. Ideally we’d have both in for the game against you, need our best 11 at their best.

'Thank god this isn't that ridiculous bubble game anymore i couldn't stand being bussed in by the police like a criminal'

Are you going ?

'Yeah'

How you getting there ?

'On the coach from Ewood'

🤣 got to love our lot 🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Dad's team probably, you don't generally pick Burnley if you're a " glory hunter " !!

Hate is an ugly word, in my humble view, it should be reserved for murderous dictators, paedophiles, bullies of any description, BMW drivers who don't indicate and any form of peas, mushy, petit pois or garden !!

Hate has no place in a sporting rivalry, we've all got the same disease, just a different strain of it !! 😁 

Peas? I'll fuckin have you for that!

How anyone could not have an unbreakable love for mushy peas I do not know. It really is a strange place in the land before time.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tomphil said:

'Thank god this isn't that ridiculous bubble game anymore i couldn't stand being bussed in by the police like a criminal'

Are you going ?

'Yeah'

How you getting there ?

'On the coach from Ewood'

🤣 got to love our lot 🤣

No trains, and minibuses not wanting to get their windows out through.

How else are we getting there? I’ll be happy to get off at Burnley Barracks and see what they’ve got.

• Like 2