BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

‘It’s their cup final’ made my laugh, yeah real one way rivalry, this one 😁

That'll be one of their Prem years overspill talking.

Who now make up at least two thirds of their regular fanbase.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, booth said:

I notice a lot who say... "Not from the area." Or... "Don't understand the rivalry."

Code for, I got on the bandwagon and haven't a clue about the club and I'm too thick to google.

"Being Hertfordshire born and bred..."

Why the fuck are you supporting Burnley then?!

• Like 5

Some of the posters on there are even more brainless than I had anticipated. 

It's the cup final for both clubs. If you don't understand what this game means then you are not a real fan of either club.

On another note, the end result of twelve years of Venkys is that I'd be happy with the league table finish asit stands today. How far we have fallen.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

This quote made me laugh.

'Their cup final. Bigger game for them than it is for us. Like the pne game recently "

Yes like Burnley have been on our brains until the last 10 years 

Must say i'm a bit disappointed in their new breed  of fans, much prefer the 'we'll have to terrace Pendle Hill' and 'We ran Wellsy and his boys all over Blackburn' variety of fantasists. 

What happened to them are they all locked up now ? 

• Like 2

Very, very lucky to get away without that penalty decision yesterday, fair play VK for admitting it should have been given. On the plus side its never a completely bad thing seeing Ince upset.

Get them balls in behind and they can't hack it, Diaz especially is made for the game on the 13th, press the dodgy keeper into mistakes and we walk away with an easy 3 points.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I suppose after all those late goals being conceded Longers, you were due one the other way at some stage.. 😤

Yep - for 60 minutes neither side deserved a win to be honest. Last 37 we earned it but also got lucky with that one.

8 hours ago, roverandout said:

This quote made me laugh.

'Their cup final. Bigger game for them than it is for us. Like the pne game recently "

Yes like Burnley have been on our brains until the last 10 years 

It’s bollox and not a fan I know thinks this isn’t the one. I do think it’s marginally less fevered since we ended the run etc but it matters more than any other game - well to me at least.

28 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Very, very lucky to get away without that penalty decision yesterday, fair play VK for admitting it should have been given. On the plus side its never a completely bad thing seeing Ince upset.

Get them balls in behind and they can't hack it, Diaz especially is made for the game on the 13th, press the dodgy keeper into mistakes and we walk away with an easy 3 points.

Not sure it will be easy but certainly more than possible. We were missing both Cork and Cullen yesterday. We can cope without one but struggled with both our.

11 minutes ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

I love a horrible scrappy home win, they are the stuff of successful seasons. The Yahoos have had 2 in a week and they've got Rotherham at t'Turd on Wednesday. 

Anyone that finishes above them goes up for me but I fancy we'll get our first draw of the season in the Land That Time Forgot.

Scrappy wins that we ultimately deserved though. Rotherham on Wednesday then Sheff Utd and you. I’d take 5 points if they were offered now.

• Like 2

The boot's on the other foot now, some of my best mates are Burnley fans and they would rather we weren't playing,you can't lose if you don't play. 

I sit there every cup draw and hope for a Derby, eventually we'll win and that timer will start ticking the other way. 

Although I'll be nervous as hell, I'm looking forward to it a lot more than they are. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Also should have mentioned the stonewall penalty we didn’t get when their player simply wrapped his arms around Harwood-Bellis at a corner. 

You’d have ten penalties a game if you started giving them for holding at corners these days. I agree that something should be done about it though. Not a random pen in the first game of the season but an on going campaign to stamp it out.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’d have ten penalties a game if you started giving them for holding at corners these days. I agree that something should be done about it though. Not a random pen in the first game of the season but an on going campaign to stamp it out.

Yea that's absolutely right. Watch any corner that's repeated from a different camera angle and they're all at it. So hard for a ref to watch everyone at the same time and to see who's holding who. Attackers do it too!

I think the refs know they can't see it all so they let it go. 

24 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Dad's team probably, you don't generally pick Burnley if you're a " glory hunter " !!

If that was the case I would imagine his dad would have told him all about what a Rovers game means.

in truth you will have picked up some fans from your Premier League days, just as we did. A sort of anti glory hunter.

My son has a friend of a friend who went to Eton, lives in the south and had no football connection at all. He wanted a PL team to support and just put all the teams at that time and picked Rovers. To his credit he has stuck with Rovers and I think I might see him at West Ham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

What was Longers saying the other day? That their lot didn’t think they were up already?

So see thread debating if they’ll go up with a record points total…

https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?style=2&f=2&t=65241

What I said was no one I know - I think up the clarets is clarettony’s mob.

We’ve given ourselves a shot at promotion so far, as have you. Top 2 after 18 games is a decent place to be - and as you guys are expecting an “easy 3 points” from us you should be above us come the World Cup break.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Yea that's absolutely right. Watch any corner that's repeated from a different camera angle and they're all at it. So hard for a ref to watch everyone at the same time and to see who's holding who. Attackers do it too!

I think the refs know they can't see it all so they let it go. 

This was a bit beyond the normal - he literally clamped his arms to his side by getting him in a bear hug from behind.