BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

would be delightful if JDT somehow ended up there

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If JDT had still been out of work he must have been under consideration.

If Bayern had wanted him they would surely have gone after him, and he would’ve accepted in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would give him next season under the sporting structure and if by Christmas he is underperforming get rid. 

I would go for Thomas Frank as his replacement. Get the best out of players and good tactical 

Exactly why you need a proper sporting structure in place. Cos that wouldn't happen like the Casemiro 5 years deal? Who on the right would pay what they did and give him the contract they did. 

I leave it for this debate. We don't agree

Why do you keep banging on about a sporting structure - give it a rest.

United did have a sporting structure!

Ashworth / Wilcox replace Murtough / Fletcher.

At the end of the day, the key man in any football club is the Manager/Head Coach who either make or break a club as we have seen with Klopp.

• Like 1

Cloughie won 2 European Cups without a "sporting structure".  His deputy Peter Taylor identified the players, the club secretary did all the paperwork and  signed them, and Clough intimidated and shouted at them.

That's all you need.  Three people who know what' they're doing. 

• Like 4

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Cloughie won 2 European Cups without a "sporting structure".  His deputy Peter Taylor identified the players, the club secretary did all the paperwork and  signed them, and Clough intimidated and shouted at them.

That's all you need.  Three people who know what' they're doing. 

45 years ago. Football has moved on since then. Time you did

Every top club has a proper football/sporting structure within in. Most PL and championship clubs do. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Football is absolutely gash nowadays and it seems as though anyone who has even glanced at a bunch of lads having a kickabout on the local park is overqualified for a management role at a football club.

Vincent Kompany is reported to be signing as the F.C Bayern manager after he spent 130 million and accumulated 24 points finishing second bottom and never getting out of the bottom three.

If that doesn't show you how fucked the game is I don't know what will.

King Kenny didn't need a 'sporting structure', neither did Ferguson, Wenger or Mourhino.

It’s all jobs for the boys if you’re in the magic circle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I meant JDT being considered for the dingles job.

That's probably a good shout and I for one, would be gutted if he did end up there.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Just WTF do Eustace, Gardiner, Downing, Lowe and Johnson do !?!?  Three of those should be axed.

Two should be axed. No problem with having a head coach / manager (which Eustace effectively now is after GB’s departure ), an assistant manager and a first team coach.

The manager should be able to choose his own staff.

Football died for me when physios were no longer middle-aged men with comb-overs running on to the pitch 20 minutes after the stricken player’s injury occurred, carrying nowt but a red bucket and dirty sponge. 

It’s all poncey shite now. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Football may have moved on over the years but my goodness there ain't half some sh1te spouted about 'sporting structures' and all the others connected with a football club.

Presently, Rovers have a Head Coach, 2 Assistant Head Coaches, a First Team Coach, a Goalkeeping Coach and a Technical Coach/Head of Player Development.  To that we are told they are looking to appoint a Technical Director and a Head of Recruitment (in addition to the Head of Recruitment we already have).

It's simply feckin ridiculous for a Championship club whose sole ambition is seemingly to keep out of the bottom 3!!!

Just WTF do Eustace, Gardiner, Downing, Lowe and Johnson do !?!?  Three of those should be axed.

Why do we  need a 'Technical Director' !?

We already have a Head of Recruitment - why do we  need another !?

I'm with @jim mk2 player contracts etc should be the remit of the a club secretary as in Cloughie's day and who can forget the great Peter Robinson who as Secretary at Liverpool ran probably the most efficient administration in football, including transfer / contract negotiations, and helped make it the success it was and is.

IMO, so called football structures are over hyped, over staffed and over paid with too many too happy to jump on a perceived sexy bandwagon which in the main doesn't deliver as evidenced by the mess most clubs are in, Chelsea being a prime example.

And for all these extra coaching staff, sports scientists, analysis and data is it a better product?

I personally don't think so.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Football died for me when physios were no longer middle-aged men with comb-overs running on to the pitch 20 minutes after the stricken player’s injury occurred, carrying nowt but a red bucket and dirty sponge. 

Jimmy Gordon was the first “ sponge man “ I can remember at Rovers. He went on to greater things with Brian Clough after he left Rovers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

45 years ago. Football has moved on since then. Time you did

Every top club has a proper football/sporting structure within in. Most PL and championship clubs do. 

So ageist bully now 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Jimmy Gordon was the first “ sponge man “ I can remember at Rovers. He went on to greater things with Brian Clough after he left Rovers.

He did indeed.

I played on Rovers a couple of times in schoolboy matches and after one of those games, Jimmy handed out the match awards.  Surprised just how small he was but a lovely chap sharing a few words with each player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

the magic sponge and a bucket full of cold water on a cold january day,it would make you get up even with a broken leg😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s why I was hoping Kompany would be staying. They could easily get somebody better.

kompany signed loads of players who are exactly the same football wise,as it stands they can only play one way,tippy tappy stuff,whoever comes in will have to offload a few and get some different style of players

Posted (edited)

'Bellamy will not follow Kompany to Bayern'

Craig Bellamy will not join Vincent Kompany at Bayern Munich, with the Burnley boss set to be named the Bundesliga giants' new manager.

Bellamy, 44, has worked as Kompany's assistant for five years.

-----------------------

Really hope they give agent Bellamy the job, but also could end up at Cardiff.

Edited by Tricky