BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I hope he doesnt get sacked unless he is replaced by Southgate.

Why and how can Southgate take the United job when he will still be managing England in the Euros. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But I cant understand why anyone thinks Ten Hag shouldnt be sacked. Spent shed loads on players he wanted and 2 years in all theyve had is regression and still no discernable style of play 

that why Ratcliffe has put in a proper staff into key roles with the club and sacked every one who wasn't do a good job

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I acknowledge the difficulties injury wise in the last month or two in particular.

And I take on board the ownership issues and it might be hypocritical considering my views on Venkys, but of course its not the same. Ten Hag has spent huge money on players he clearly played a huge part in signing, players like Antony, Martinez and Onana for example who he has worked with before.

All them seasons post Ferguson havent led them to 8th and their worst Premier League finish, so winning the title doesnt have to be the benchmark. Both Mourinho and Van Gaal (and to a lesser extent Solskjaer who is not a good manager) have had success since Ferguson left. With a team with a number of his own signings, there is no sign of progression and no one is any wiser as to how he wants to play, 2 years in.

Mourinho, Van Gaal, Solskjaer(who they shouldn't have sacked in the first place) and Ten Hag all struggled after good seasons. Its pattern. Just look at Gary Neville comments about all that. He knows more than most what's wrong there

the club needs a clear out and the focus being on football whilst rebuilding the stadium and training ground. 

Its not like at Rovers where the club is a proper shambles with owners that make progress on the pitch almost an impossible job.

Ten Hag has signed a number of big money signings that he clearly has endorsed having worked with them before. In spite of that, there is absolutely no sign of any pattern to what they try to do on the pitch, and he does warrant criticism for that. They clearly have other issues but I dont see how people can look at Ten Hag and say that he deserves more time and has shown enough to suggest he is the best man for the job.

Hopefully they keep him and they keep struggling though.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not like at Rovers where the club is a proper shambles with owners that make progress on the pitch almost an impossible job.

Ten Hag has signed a number of big money signings that he clearly has endorsed having worked with them before. In spite of that, there is absolutely no sign of any pattern to what they try to do on the pitch, and he does warrant criticism for that. They clearly have other issues but I dont see how people can look at Ten Hag and say that he deserves more time and has shown enough to suggest he is the best man for the job.

The Glazer family have regular took money out of the club and the club is paying for their Glazer own loan back for backing the club. 

Every manager has been backed. Ten Hag should get criticism and so must the Glazer for the lack of accountable at the club

Stadium is a shambles, Training ground had little development. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The problems there are beyond any manager. It’s like Rovers writ large.

The problems are of course beyond the manager but unlike here he has had loads of money to spend on players, some of whom he has worked with previously, and has not in 2 years shown any progress in how they play both in style and results.

Just because Gary Neville says something doesnt make it right. He has said in the past that he wont call for a manager to be changed regardless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The problems are of course beyond the manager but unlike here he has had loads of money to spend on players, some of whom he has worked with previously, and has not in 2 years shown any progress in how they play both in style and results.

Just because Gary Neville says something doesnt make it right. He has said in the past that he wont call for a manager to be changed regardless.

What did Gary Neville say ?

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What did Gary Neville say ?

Chaddy has posted the link above, but basically that every manager has struggled in the last 10 years and that they need to stop the cycle.

Its a very commonly trotted out suggestion and a nice idea but surely any manager trusted with time has to display signs that things are moving in the right direction. And even acknowledging all the other stuff that is wrong at club, I think there is enough evidence that Ten Hag armed with considerable resources and the autocracy to bring in players he has worked with before amongst others has failed to display that any semblence of identity is forming and results show considerable regression.

Neville is probably not the best person to listen to, certainly not echo his every word. He is obviously a huge United fan so is desperate to cause publicity in order to put pressure on the owners and also as a Sky presenter has said numerous times that he wont actively suggest that a manager should lose his job, so not a balanced opinion.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Every United manager have had money after money for signings. 

Neville is telling you what the problems are and sacking the manager everytime hasn't work, cos the same problems keep happening  Keane has also back Ten Hag. 

He also had massive injury crisis at the back aswell 

Edited by chaddyrovers

i can tell you concisely what is wrong with utd,ten haag has`nt got rid of the shithouses who earn massive money but don`t turn up with the effort,that team is riddled with them,if they put fergie back in charge(even at his age) he would put most of them on the available list

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Don’t get me wrong, I think Ten Hag’s position should be under threat and it’s true that he’s spent a lot of money on poor players. The problems still go way beyond the manager.

But, their injury list this season has been unbelievable and if Rashford had even half the output of last season, they’d have been way better. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Neville is telling you what the problems are and sacking the manager everytime hasn't work, cos the same problems keep happening  

I think Neville is very good and understand what the problems are they. Keane has also back Ten Hag. 

The whole set up at Old Trafford is rotten. It’s gotten so big it can’t be controlled. Name me a manager who could be successful there ?

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Neville is telling you what the problems are and sacking the manager everytime hasn't work, cos the same problems keep happening  Keane has also back Ten Hag. 

He is giving his opinion, which just because he used to play for them doesnt make it automatically 100% factual. Same with Keane, just because they work for Sky and played for the club, I am capable of forming my own opinions.

I havent denied that the problems go beyond the manager. But surely whatever they do with the manager, those problems are seperate and will remain. They dont absolve the manager of total blame, and whilst they might want a manager to stay in the job for a while, its a line often trotted out to justify keeping someone. But surely you have to have signs that the specific manager to be given time is the one that will progress them on the pitch. Still without any obvious style of play, and finishing as low as 8th, I would suggest he isnt the man to do that.

Take Pochettino. He has had problems with injuries and also was underachieving but towards the end of the season, a style was developing and results were improving, there was clear signs of going in the right direction and warranting more time. Yet he is sacked before Ten Hag.

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The whole set up at Old Trafford is rotten. It’s gotten so big it can’t be controlled. Name me a manager who could be successful there ?

I can't because that its the main problem there, There is no transfer plan over the years, no proper structure in place, CEO's with zero football knowledge and their focus is just the business of the club, owners using their fans to pay their loan back to bank, Old Trafford falling to bits, training ground little to no improvement , etc. 

You need to do what Jim Ratcliffe has done, bring in CEO with football, technical director and DoF plus improving the scouting structure at the club. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I can't because that its the main problem there, There is no transfer plan over the years, no proper structure in place, CEO's with zero football knowledge and their focus is just the business of the club, owners using their fans to pay their loan back to bank, Old Trafford falling to bits, training ground little to no improvement , etc. 

You need to do what Jim Ratcliffe has done, bring in CEO with football, technical director and DoF plus improving the scouting structure at the club. 

there was an article on the bbc sport website about the glazers,they also own the nfl club tampa bay whose fans and players also complained about the lack of investment in instracture,their training ground and stadium is also underinvested and decaying,the whole article was basically about just owning the brand,taking the income that comes from the name and doing nothing with the actual club,similarities with venkys tbh,though what income they get from blackburn rovers i have no idea,rather different than the worldwide brand that is man utd

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is giving his opinion, which just because he used to play for them doesnt make it automatically 100% factual. Same with Keane, just because they work for Sky and played for the club, I am capable of forming my own opinions.

I havent denied that the problems go beyond the manager. But surely whatever they do with the manager, those problems are seperate and will remain. They dont absolve the manager of total blame, and whilst they might want a manager to stay in the job for a while, its a line often trotted out to justify keeping someone. But surely you have to have signs that the specific manager to be given time is the one that will progress them on the pitch. Still without any obvious style of play, and finishing as low as 8th, I would suggest he isnt the man to do that.

Its happened to 4 different managers have run in to the same problems each time 

You need to the fix the foundations first(proper football people in key roles with a footballing structure) before you fix roof(the manager) and the inside of the house(playing squad)

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Take Pochettino. He has had problems with injuries and also was underachieving but towards the end of the season, a style was developing and results were improving, there was clear signs of going in the right direction and warranting more time. Yet he is sacked before Ten Hag.

He was sacked for different reasons. I have read that Chelsea owners/DoF and Pochettino wanted to go into different directions going forward. Example is Chelsea hierarchy wanted a new set pieces department and Pochettino didn't want that and felt power was taking away from him

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My advice to the throw in think tank - Throw the bloody ball in asap and stop inching up the touchline trying to gain ground.

Quick throw-ins before the opposition is set-up.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

Quick throw-ins before the opposition is set-up.

Makes me wonder sometimes if the players actually know you can't be offside. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its happened to 4 different managers have run in to the same problems each time 

You need to the fix the foundations first(proper football people in key roles with a footballing structure) before you fix roof(the manager) and the inside of the house(playing squad)

He was sacked for different reasons. I have read that Chelsea owners/DoF and Pochettino wanted to go into different directions going forward. Example is Chelsea hierarchy wanted a new set pieces department and Pochettino didn't want that and felt power was taking away from him

I'd rather have Poch then Ten Haag. 

Not that I am arguing that there are better options elsewhere.

Ive never seen anyone say that Ten Hag would warrant staying because theyve seen x improving or they think hes done y well. Its always that there are bigger issues at the club with the occasional line of you need to stick with a manager thrown in. You stick with a manager who is showing signs of improvement.

Our club has issues a million times bigger than at United, our manager has to put up with disinterested owners wrangled in a legal case, players either sold by the owners with no reinvestment or players kept until their contract ends by the owners, we cant even always finalise registering new signings, a far cry from being allowed to blow probably 300m on 3 players you personally know from a previous club, a big money striker and 2 England internationals. Yet if the manager was underperforming, say when Coyle was shit, we wouldnt say lets keep him anyway as there are bigger issues.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ive never seen anyone say that Ten Hag would warrant staying because theyve seen x improving or they think hes done y well. Its always that there are bigger issues at the club with the occasional line of you need to stick with a manager thrown in. You stick with a manager who is showing signs of improvement.

Our club has issues a million times bigger than at United, our manager has to put up with disinterested owners wrangled in a legal case, players either sold by the owners with no reinvestment or players kept until their contract ends by the owners, we cant even always finalise registering new signings, a far cry from being allowed to blow probably 300m on 3 players you personally know from a previous club, a big money striker and 2 England internationals. Yet if the manager was underperforming, say when Coyle was shit, we wouldnt say lets keep him anyway as there are bigger issues.

In that case there’s obviously a manager that could sort the job out, Any ideas who ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces