BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In that case there’s obviously a manager that could sort the job out, Amy ideas who ?

Ive no idea but a club like that cant be keeping a manager out of fear of a lack of alternative. They are Man United, they would be able to attract a high calibre. The only names I could offer up are the usual suspects like Pochettino and Tuchel but im sure there are better managers for those with a better knowledge of managers around Europe.

• Backroom

Abject failure this year for him rewarded with that, bonkers.

Wonder who Burnley will go for now, they’ve annoyingly got more right that wrong in the last few manager changes, is Brian Laws still available?

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Abject failure this year for him rewarded with that, bonkers.

Wonder who Burnley will go for now, they’ve annoyingly got more right that wrong in the last few manager changes, is Brian Laws still available?

Bayern must have really enjoyed the documentary of the championship season, this season was a calamity.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ive never seen anyone say that Ten Hag would warrant staying because theyve seen x improving or they think hes done y well. Its always that there are bigger issues at the club with the occasional line of you need to stick with a manager thrown in. You stick with a manager who is showing signs of improvement.

Our club has issues a million times bigger than at United, our manager has to put up with disinterested owners wrangled in a legal case, players either sold by the owners with no reinvestment or players kept until their contract ends by the owners, we cant even always finalise registering new signings, a far cry from being allowed to blow probably 300m on 3 players you personally know from a previous club, a big money striker and 2 England internationals. Yet if the manager was underperforming, say when Coyle was shit, we wouldnt say lets keep him anyway as there are bigger issues.

I disagree there. The ownership have used the club and supporters to pay off their bank loan throughout their ownership. 

You can't keep throwing money at the problem. You need a footballing structure, people with football experience like Ashworth and Wilcox for example. 

What proper run football club buys Casemiro and puts him on 5 year contract? A desperate one. 

overpaying for Anthony, Onana, etc over the years. 

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ive no idea but a club like that cant be keeping a manager out of fear of a lack of alternative. They are Man United, they would be able to attract a high calibre. The only names I could offer up are the usual suspects like Pochettino and Tuchel but im sure there are better managers for those with a better knowledge of managers around Europe.

But you haven't fix the foundations of the club. That's the problem firstly. Surely you fix that first if you seen my previous post? 

Tbh, United aren't a big club anymore in terms of football, in terms of supporters worldwide and commercial deffo. 

6 minutes ago, cesus said:

Bayern must have really enjoyed the documentary of the championship season, this season was a calamity.

Strange move by Bayern. It's clear they had plan but manager/coach kept turning them down. What's Kompany 10th choice now? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree there. The ownership have used the club and supporters to pay off their bank loan throughout their ownership. 

You can't keep throwing money at the problem. You need a footballing structure, people with football experience like Ashworth and Wilcox for example. 

What proper run football club buys Casemiro and puts him on 5 year contract? A desperate one. 

But you haven't fix the foundations of the club. That's the problem firstly. Surely you fix that first if you seen my previous post? 

Tbh, United aren't a big club anymore in terms of football, in terms of supporters worldwide and commercial deffo. 

Strange move by Bayern. It's clear they had plan but manager/coach kept turning them down. What's Kompany 10th choice now? 

I saw somewhere that they were only looking for a manager to do the job for 12 months until they can get their No 1 candidate ( Alonso ? ) in.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I saw somewhere that they were only looking for a manager to do the job for 12 months until they can get their No 1 candidate ( Alonso ? ) in.

Isn't Alonso going Real Madrid when Ancelotti leaves? 

Just now, BRFC4EVA said:

Kompany is currently 1-20. One of the most bizarre situations ever encountered in football. And that is saying something..

nepotism is rampant in football,here is a manager who spent 100 million and made burnley absolutely shite,looking at other managers who are terrible but still got big jobs,if your face fits then you get the job

martinez

lampard

gerrard

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

nepotism is rampant in football,here is a manager who spent 100 million and made burnley absolutely shite,looking at other managers who are terrible but still got big jobs,if your face fits then you get the job

martinez

lampard

gerrard

He reminds me of that other fraud Russell Martin. The nicer football he seems to play and the less he seems to achieve, gets him better and better jobs.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

He reminds me of that other fraud Russell Martin. The nicer football he seems to play and the less he seems to achieve, gets him better and better jobs.

I think the Kompany situation is bonkers, out of this world stuff, Burnley to Bayern is a ridiculous leap, but I weirdly think he’ll do alright there. He was playing champagne football with alehouse players, in essence and I reckon he’ll get backed heavily.

Even still, Russell Martin in charge of a professional football club is like putting David Brent in charge of Salesforce or something. The definition of all mouth no trousers.

He’s achieved basically nothing in management, aside from that one pretty goal that MK Dons scored. He got plucked from them after a 13th place finish in League One, was utter garbage at Swansea and has now fumbled automatic promotion playing the Championship on easy mode. I actually want them to get promoted, as I reckon he’ll beat the Derby lowest points total record if left in charge the full season. Reckon they lose their opening 5 games in the league above.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

I think the Kompany situation is bonkers, out of this world stuff, Burnley to Bayern is a ridiculous leap, but I weirdly think he’ll do alright there. He was playing champagne football with alehouse players, in essence and I reckon he’ll get backed heavily.

Even still, Russell Martin in charge of a professional football club is like putting David Brent in charge of Salesforce or something. The definition of all mouth no trousers.

He’s achieved basically nothing in management, aside from that one pretty goal that MK Dons scored. He got plucked from them after a 13th place finish in League One, was utter garbage at Swansea and has now fumbled automatic promotion playing the Championship on easy mode. I actually want them to get promoted, as I reckon he’ll beat the Derby lowest points total record if left in charge the full season. Reckon they lose their opening 5 games in the league above.

if southampton get promoted mr perfects style of football will be like putting gazelles in with lions,if the soton ceo has any plans on staying the premier league he`ll sack martin and go to graeme potter with a blank cheque

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Obviously there are other and bigger issues that need fixing but you dont keep Ten Hag simply because he isnt the biggest problem. He is still a problem for them because hes not shown any evidence that sticking with him would be wise.

They did overpay for Antony in particular, hes shit, remind me again who wanted him having managed him at Ajax.

Kompany seems a very strange appointment for a club the size of Bayern Munich. I suspect had he not had the playing career he had, maybe throw in the fact he presumably can speak German after playing for Hamburg as a bonus, that he would get anywhere near the job. They would be better off keeping Tuchel for another season.

I wonder how it will affect Burnley. This season they have had a poor season even allowing for the chasm between the Premier League and Championship that the money inequalities have caused. Kompany did ease to the title in the Championship so they would have preferred to keep him. They still have (some coming back from loan) the majority of that title winning squad added to by some players who could be real assets in the Champipnship even if not all of them could handle the Premier League. The likes of Berge, O'Shea, Ramsey and Massengo were all very good at this level previously, add in Odobert, Koleosho and Amdouni and if they get their appointment right, the Kompany compensation might help them to be able to afford to keep more than they might have done prior. Unfortunately its hard not to see them as the favourites.

I did have to laugh watching the back pages tonight on sky sports news last night.  One of the journalists was saying how do you think Harry Kane is going to be thinking about this.  He has gone to Bayern to work under a coach who has won plenty and joining a team that wanted to challenge for the title and europe and is now going to be managed by someone who has just got Burnley relegated

• Like 2

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The problems are of course beyond the manager but unlike here he has had loads of money to spend on players, some of whom he has worked with previously, and has not in 2 years shown any progress in how they play both in style and results.

Just because Gary Neville says something doesnt make it right. He has said in the past that he wont call for a manager to be changed regardless.

And yet the club he left owns have had around eight managers since 2015.

Neville is a walking hypocrisy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Kompany seems a very strange appointment for a club the size of Bayern Munich. I suspect had he not had the playing career he had, maybe throw in the fact he presumably can speak German after playing for Hamburg as a bonus, that he would get anywhere near the job. They would be better off keeping Tuchel for another season.

I wonder how it will affect Burnley. This season they have had a poor season even allowing for the chasm between the Premier League and Championship that the money inequalities have caused. Kompany did ease to the title in the Championship so they would have preferred to keep him. They still have (some coming back from loan) the majority of that title winning squad added to by some players who could be real assets in the Champipnship even if not all of them could handle the Premier League. The likes of Berge, O'Shea, Ramsey and Massengo were all very good at this level previously, add in Odobert, Koleosho and Amdouni and if they get their appointment right, the Kompany compensation might help them to be able to afford to keep more than they might have done prior. Unfortunately its hard not to see them as the favourites.

I think , they would have to get the appointment right , most of those players signed for Kompany and not Burnley !

Kompany to F.C Bayern.

What the actual fuck.

He spent 130 million last season and only managed to achieve 24 points. That has to be one of the biggest failures in my lifetime.

Even the bald piece of shit managed to get more points than that.

The whole game really is completely fucked.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously there are other and bigger issues that need fixing but you dont keep Ten Hag simply because he isnt the biggest problem. He is still a problem for them because hes not shown any evidence that sticking with him would be wise.

He won the FA cup last season didn't he? 

I would give him next season under the sporting structure and if by Christmas he is underperforming get rid. 

I would go for Thomas Frank as his replacement. Get the best out of players and good tactical 

They did overpay for Antony in particular, hes shit, remind me again who wanted him having managed him at Ajax.

Exactly why you need a proper sporting structure in place. Cos that wouldn't happen like the Casemiro 5 years deal? Who on the right would pay what they did and give him the contract they did. 

I leave it for this debate. We don't agree

Edited by chaddyrovers

Agreed strange appointment but they have been turned down by many managers. 

They tried to keep Tuchel but after talks he didn't want to stay

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He won the FA cup last season didn't he? 

I would give him next season under the sporting structure and if by Christmas he is underperforming get rid. 

I would go for Thomas Frank as his replacement. Get the best out of players and good tactical 

Exactly why you need a proper sporting structure in place. Cos that wouldn't happen like the Casemiro 5 years deal? Who on the right would pay what they did and give him the contract they did. 

I leave it for this debate. We don't agree

City won the FA cup.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Hmm, that rings a few bells............

would be delightful if JDT somehow ended up there

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I wonder how it will affect Burnley.

hugely hopefully