BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did says Strikers from the Start. Did you miss that. 

Despite all those goals we are 2 points behind you. 

Your game against Norwich was on Sky TV. So I watched the full game. 

Doesn’t matter that you said strikers, we’ve got 3 of the divisions top 15 scorers and you’ve got 1. Your point was our attack is a bit impotent despite us being the top scorers in the division so far.

100% you are only 2 points behind us because we dropped a ridiculous 12 points from winning positions - something we need to address as we still look susceptible to the sucker punch. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would Centre back signing be priority in January?.

Hyam is improvement on Lenihan or Van Hecke for me. 

I think what Booth means,  is that it is sad, that we wont be in for Van Hecke, because that position is not a priority anymore.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Doesn’t matter that you said strikers, we’ve got 3 of the divisions top 15 scorers and you’ve got 1. Your point was our attack is a bit impotent despite us being the top scorers in the division so far.

100% you are only 2 points behind us because we dropped a ridiculous 12 points from winning positions - something we need to address as we still look susceptible to the sucker punch. 

It's getting nearer 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

But my original point was about your strikers wasn't it? 

Also my point was about the Norwich game where your attacking play was poor despite all your possession (which you got no points for)

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would Centre back signing be priority in January?.

Hyam is improvement on Lenihan or Van Hecke for me. 

It isn't, that's the point. Sadly, because we'll miss out on a very good young defender who we know can do an excellent job for us.

Hyam may be an improvement but I can't really choose between the two, I thought Van Hecke was brilliant. I'd prefer Van Hecke over Ayala for age/injury related reasons.

5 hours ago, rigger said:

I think what Booth means,  is that it is sad, that we wont be in for Van Hecke, because that position is not a priority anymore.

2 minutes in the PL and a game in the EFL Cup.

Silly boy should have been kicking and screaming to leave Brighton in the summer.

Things might have changed for Van Hecke with the managerial situation at Brighton. I’m surprised he’s featured so little, and if this continues into January I’d definitely like us to put a bid in for him. He’s out of contract at the end of the season, so I’d be trying to do what we did with Hedges. Obviously he’d command a higher fee, but try and get him in quickly as I’m sure he will have offers in the summer and pre-contract opportunities back home. Unlike Mowbray with Hedges I’d get him straight in the side too.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Things might have changed for Van Hecke with the managerial situation at Brighton. I’m surprised he’s featured so little, and if this continues into January I’d definitely like us to put a bid in for him. He’s out of contract at the end of the season, so I’d be trying to do what we did with Hedges. Obviously he’d command a higher fee, but try and get him in quickly as I’m sure he will have offers in the summer and pre-contract opportunities back home. Unlike Hedges Mowbray with Hedges I’d get him straight in the side too.

Brighton have tended to be pretty good at not losing their assets for less than their worth, so I suspect they'll have something up their sleeve on Van Hecke. No idea on what sort of fee he would command or whether it's remotely realistic that we could get him, but if we could put Ayala's wage to getting Van Hecke next year then that would be a tremendous bit of business. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Brighton have tended to be pretty good at not losing their assets for less than their worth, so I suspect they'll have something up their sleeve on Van Hecke. No idea on what sort of fee he would command or whether it's remotely realistic that we could get him, but if we could put Ayala's wage to getting Van Hecke next year then that would be a tremendous bit of business. 

Would be one of the best defenders at this level (obviously if he avoids practising martial arts on the pitch). Ayala will need replacing so definitely need a longer term option. 

• Like 1

You know what as time has gone on I’m thinking more and more like that first poster.

I’m a born and bred Blackburner but by luck or chance I’ve never really encountered Dingles at school, work, local neighbours etc. Work wise I’ve always come across far more Nob Enders who are a right bitter bunch towards all things Rovers. So I don’t have that fear that many others have re running into them at work, the pub etc.

Of course I’ve always seen Burnley as our arch rivals, of course I desperately want us to win, but maybe it’s an age thing, maybe it’s because we are no longer the undisputed top dogs with a fear of losing The Record, but I can honestly say I’m far more sanguine going into this game than the previous ones.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

It appears the April Claretfool day 5-0 massacre scarred a lot of them for life....a fine day indeed!

Yeah I was just thinking that as I scrolled through the thread.

If we ‘play’ like we did at Reading, Sheff Utd etc we could find out what that feels like!

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

Some weird views on that thread- some reasonable ones to be fair, but some that show they’re absolutely obsessed. 
‘I want them to go bust and ground share with Tesco’.

Rent free lads, rent free.

• Like 2