BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, jumpin' said:

No trains, and minibuses not wanting to get their windows out through.

How else are we getting there? I’ll be happy to get off at Burnley Barracks and see what they’ve got.

I;m thinking more about the actual freedom to arrive, leave when you want etc which is what was always moaned about rather than potential aggro.

On 30/10/2022 at 18:30, longsiders1882 said:

No excuses, we need to beat you.

Have you? Conceded more than us and scored less all the same. Let’s see how they cope with our pace and running from Tella, Zaraoury and Benson - not forgetting our wing backs of course.

An explanation is that we were conceding a lot when Wharton, Brittain and Hyam weren't playing. Then we had Ayala out for a while.

We had a 17 year old in central defence, along with two different midfielders and a rookie CB taking turns covering the right fullback role.

I'd love to see Burnley with four defenders unavailable and having to rely on youth and fringe players, then we'd see how many they concede.

And let's not forget the decent spells out for players like Szmodics and Gallagher who have scored goals on their return.

"Conceded more than us and scored less." Paint it any way you like but we're only two points behind you and we've won more games. Must be doing something right considering this year was seen as a rebuilding job.

I noticed some interesting stats.

Rovers have one more point than second placed Fulham did at this point last year (at this point last year Rovers were 7th with 26 points).

Burnley have 2 less points than first placed Bournemouth did at this point last year.

• Like 4

On 29/10/2022 at 09:16, Mattyblue said:

You know what as time has gone on I’m thinking more and more like that first poster.

I’m a born and bred Blackburner but by luck or chance I’ve never really encountered Dingles at school, work, local neighbours etc. Work wise I’ve always come across far more Nob Enders who are a right bitter bunch towards all things Rovers. So I don’t have that fear that many others have re running into them at work, the pub etc.

Of course I’ve always seen Burnley as our arch rivals, of course I desperately want us to win, but maybe it’s an age thing, maybe it’s because we are no longer the undisputed top dogs with a fear of losing The Record, but I can honestly say I’m far more sanguine going into this game than the previous ones.

Yeah, I'd say that's a fair point. I have met people from Blackburn and lower Darwen say similar things in the past. Me personally, being born and bred in Accrington, I have had the misfortune to be around Burnley fans in every job or education I've been in. With Accrington being right in the middle of the two towns, that's to be expected. I find it interesting when some Rovers fans say they hate Preston as much or more than Burnley. Especially when I could count the number of Preston fans I've encountered with my fingers.

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I look at like this - if Rotherham can score two, so can we. 

We can, but we won’t keep a clean sheet there. Don’t even wanna think about how much injury time there will be if we are winning and how little of my nails will be left, that being the case…

5 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

How sweet of you all to notice  ...

From our point of view, it is to be hoped that one of our defenders does not misplace a back pass straight to Mr Brereton-Diaz with just the keeper to beat, as happened this evening !! 🙄

There's no chance we're scoring 4 to counteract your quarter of an hour of added time 😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Poor decision the second yellow, as confirmed by the Burnley commentator,to go with the Ince debacle on Saturday. 

They're finding a way to win, but they're definitely vulnerable to the break. 

Should be intriguing. 

Get the ball in their half and keep it there. Forget this playing keep ball with the centre halves. Big Sam would know how how to get a result there, I’m not sure JDT does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Get the ball in their half and keep it there. Forget this playing keep ball with the centre halves. Big Sam would know how how to get a result there, I’m not sure JDT does.

Seems to be a fetish of JDT for some reason.

9 hours ago, BigBar said:

Fucking Dingles could count the amount of added minutes they had tonight on their hands!! (12+)

Just use one hand you can count the number of points you are behind the Clarets use them both and you can count the number of defeats you have suffered this season but soon you will have to use your feet as well. 😁

36 minutes ago, Zak said:

Just use one hand you can count the number of points you are behind the Clarets use them both and you can count the number of defeats you have suffered this season but soon you will have to use your feet as well. 😁

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Zak said:

Ah only a few points pal. Club fresh from the Premier League and scraping by with multiple last minute winners. Comfy 3-0 for Rovers Vs Rotherham this season. Didn't need a red card and over 100 mins to a scrape it by the odd goal😘

Edited by BigBar

21 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Ah only a few points pal. Club fresh from the Premier League and scraping by with multiple last minute winners. Comfy 3-0 for Rovers Vs Rotherham this season. Didn't need a red card and over 100 mins to a scrape it by the odd goal😘

Prior to the last two wins Burnley have not scored an injury time winner since 2016 so hardly numerous last minute winners. Your comfy win against Rotherham was a bit similar to our comfy wins at Wigan and Coventry. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Zak said:

Prior to the last two wins Burnley have not scored an injury time winner since 2016 so hardly numerous last minute winners. Your comfy win against Rotherham was a bit similar to our comfy wins at Wigan and Coventry. 🤣

So what you are saying is multiple? Thanks for confirming. You beat Coventry 1-0 🤣🤣🤣...the parachute payment men are cutting it fine.  You seem a bit worried.

2 hours ago, Zak said:

I can see by your name and location that you have a sense of humour but for clarity the rules here are you CANNOT come on here and rip the piss out of us 😂😂😉. Your fellow banjo strummers who come on here by and large stick to this and know their place 😂😂.

• Like 5

Burnley seem to find a way to win. A few fortuitous decisions - the red card seemed a bit harsh to me, and never a Burnley throw in for the 3rd goal - although they still had a lot to do from there and the defending by the Rotherham full back was schoolboy.

It shows their title credentials again, but at the same time gives me hope that we have a chance next week. Rotherham scored twice and apparently looked threatening, which might hint at us getting some joy on the counter. We'll have to be miles better than we were at Coventry, though.

Can see any score in this one. We could get thumped, could finally break the draw barren spell or we could do something special. One thing's for certain, I won't be resting easily until the final whistle is blown. I wish we had the same 'never say die' attitude as them. 

• Like 3