BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

On 30/12/2022 at 15:31, Aqualung said:

If we pitched up in the Premier league next season with the squad we've got (I know, I know it won't happen) we would be record breakers for all the wrong reasons. 

Probably bigger than afc Bournemouth I agree... Brighton???? Maybe. The problem is that they are light years ahead in terms of playing personell. 

Maybe? We are a far bigger club than Brighton 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I’ll probably get some stick for this but I’d much rather see Burnley get promoted than Watford, Swansea or some other southern or Welsh lot. 

For the 2nd time in a week I’m speechless…

You'll be wanting Rangers to win the Scottish title next 😉

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Kompany was at Anderlecht and won nothing, probably his biggest achievement to date, despite being allowed to splurge on the likes of Cullen and Gomez

He might become a good manager - definitely has the backing of the City cartel ahem Sergio Gomez ahem - but one thing is for certain: he will be out of Burnley like a shot

He's a big club man, Burnley was his foot in the door to English management. He's no Dcyhe - they will come calling and he will go running and he won't look back. The only fond memory he will have of Burnley is the fact he slept on a mattress stuffed with money and how the staggering amounts of cash kept coming to buy success. Oh and the fancy new tunnel too

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He will in March. 😉

😁😁😁

11 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Kompany was at Anderlecht and won nothing, probably his biggest achievement to date, despite being allowed to splurge on the likes of Cullen and Gomez

He might become a good manager - definitely has the backing of the City cartel ahem Sergio Gomez ahem - but one thing is for certain: he will be out of Burnley like a shot

He's a big club man, Burnley was his foot in the door to English management. He's no Dcyhe - they will come calling and he will go running and he won't look back. The only fond memory he will have of Burnley is the fact he slept on a mattress stuffed with money and how the staggering amounts of cash kept coming to buy success. Oh and the fancy new tunnel too

You are lettting your bitterness cloud your view. Firslty he inherited an Anderlecht side in big financial trouble, he brought through youth players and took them from 8th to third. It was no easy task and he did it with aplomb - a read here if you are really interested https://breakingthelines.com/tactical-analysis/analyzing-vincent-kompanys-anderlecht/ . As for his splurge - he spent about what you guys did on Diaz

As for he will move onto bigger and better than us. Well of course he will, only fool would imagine he is anything other than ambitious. He's also astute, he will go when it is the right opportunity. I have no doubt he has a pretty clear career trajectory in mind. But if he leaves because they've come calling it means he's done well, ergo we've done well. Our fond memories will hopefully be putting your guys to the sword twice, a promotion, maybe being Champions and, with a huge slice of good fortune he stays next season in the PL and can guide us to safety. I imagine his stay will be 2 or 3 seasons depending how we finish this season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

😁😁😁

You are lettting your bitterness cloud your view. Firslty he inherited an Anderlecht side in big financial trouble, he brought through youth players and took them from 8th to third. It was no easy task and he did it with aplomb - a read here if you are really interested https://breakingthelines.com/tactical-analysis/analyzing-vincent-kompanys-anderlecht/ . As for his splurge - he spent about what you guys did on Diaz

As for he will move onto bigger and better than us. Well of course he will, only fool would imagine he is anything other than ambitious. He's also astute, he will go when it is the right opportunity. I have no doubt he has a pretty clear career trajectory in mind. But if he leaves because they've come calling it means he's done well, ergo we've done well. Our fond memories will hopefully be putting your guys to the sword twice, a promotion, maybe being Champions and, with a huge slice of good fortune he stays next season in the PL and can guide us to safety. I imagine his stay will be 2 or 3 seasons depending how we finish this season.

Yeah and in fairness Longers I wish with all my heart that you were saying that to us about JDT.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yeah and in fairness Longers I wish with all my heart that you were saying that to us about JDT.

In time I might be. I realise so far it isn't quite going to plan, yet you are third. Imagine if he can get a couple of players in, those missing links. Kompany has done amazingly well to gel a new team - but in some ways the blessing is he could bring in exactly the type of player he wanted. Personally I wouldn't be writing JDT off yet - but I accept it isn't my team and I don't see the performances week in and out.

The way this league has gone it is more than conceivable we are both PL next season - or that neither of us are.

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

In time I might be. I realise so far it isn't quite going to plan, yet you are third. Imagine if he can get a couple of players in, those missing links. Kompany has done amazingly well to gel a new team - but in some ways the blessing is he could bring in exactly the type of player he wanted. Personally I wouldn't be writing JDT off yet - but I accept it isn't my team and I don't see the performances week in and out.

The way this league has gone it is more than conceivable we are both PL next season - or that neither of us are.

It would take a collapse of almost unprecedented proportions for you not to finish top two now mate. That said, we managed it last season and it is an odd old league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It would take a collapse of almost unprecedented proportions for you not to finish top two now mate. That said, we managed it last season and it is an odd old league.

Agreed but we also need to navigate this window that could see players recalled from loans - and the aforementioned Kompany being poached by a West Ham, Everton etc as well just the run of the mill drop off in form that can happen. It isn't over until it is over.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Kompany gets it:

‘Hey Vincent, give us an easy win for the camera’ He’s only being captain obvious and playing to the crowd…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Agreed but we also need to navigate this window that could see players recalled from loans - and the aforementioned Kompany being poached by a West Ham, Everton etc as well just the run of the mill drop off in form that can happen. It isn't over until it is over.

I can’t see him going mid season but in Summer, who knows.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Rothwell makes his first competitive start for Bournemouth this afternoon. Didn't know what thread to put it in so hoping this one is appropriate.

And gets subbed at half time as they are getting battered 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Burnley are lightyears ahead of rovers, they are everything we dream of being.

Signings have been brilliant

Football they play is incredible at times

And the way they are run now we can only dream about

Fuck Preston though, everyone hates Preston 

And will be lucky to finish 15th next year in the Premier League, because English football is ruined. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Burnley are lightyears ahead of rovers, they are everything we dream of being.

I don’t know about this 

Cycles in football come around. This is the peak of their modern history 

When we were in the Premier League we travelled to Rotterdam, Basel, Salzburg. They had a day in Aberdeen 

We regularly minced it with the top half and pushed for Europe over a sustained number of seasons, they have had one season where they’ve come top half 

They aren’t everything we dream of being. We have more ambition than that. Treading water at Prem level sounds a nightmare- when we go up we must aspire for more. For not to is a losers mentality 

Edited by Dreams of 1995

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

This is the peak of their modern history 

You mean since 1992 don’t you?

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

When we were in the Premier League we travelled to Rotterdam, Basel, Salzburg. They had a day in Aberdeen 

Ahh yes we all remember Trelleborgs - and was it Batty and Le Saux scrapping against Spartak? 

ps we also went to Istanbul and Greece. But you are right, we won exactly the  same number of European completions as you did.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

if we ever go up

*corrected that for you 😉

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Doesn’t take much needle for the true colours to come out…

He’s defending his club the way we all would . He’s not over stepping the mark. It’s friendly banter from someone starved of joy for many years . They’ve been in our shadow so long it’s only fair they have there moment before it All goes to shit again and we’re shining a torch down the basements of football we’re they will ultimately end back up 

• Like 7