BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Both of our results today are perfect examples of why next week is going to be so hard to call.

If they really click and we don't rise to the occasion there's a pretty realistic chance that they could demolish us. Equally, every week they give teams a chance, and their weaknesses in theory suit us. A team with three centre halves, Brereton and Gallagher should be looking at the chances Sheffield United made today and be licking their lips.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

😬😬😬

We "chased" George Hirst all Summer for his signature as a loanee. You loaned Nathan Tella. Our new director of football certainly set his stall out with that one.

I think that sums up the differences between the two clubs at the moment.

One wants to add value to the club, the other wants to add value to players.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Our neighbours are on a different planet.

11 points ahead with a game in hand

+26 on goal difference 

Won 1 match more than us and lost 10 less

All for just £30m seems a bargain!?

I twll you what, you think the game at Turf Moor was one-sided... they hadn't hit their stride properly and we were in good form going into that one.

The Ewood game is going to be a massacre.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

+26 on goal difference 

And both with newly appointed managers in the Summer. As much as it galls me to say it Kompany has rebuilt Burnley and changed the playing ethos completely without spending a fortune and it's looking odds on they will be promoted. And without talking about a project.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JohnD said:

+26 on goal difference 

12 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I twll you what, you think the game at Turf Moor was one-sided... they hadn't hit their stride properly and we were in good form going into that one.

The Ewood game is going to be a massacre.

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And both with newly appointed managers in the Summer. As much as it galls me to say it Kompany has rebuilt Burnley and changed the playing ethos completely without spending a fortune and it's looking odds on they will be promoted. And without talking about a project.

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I know they've had one or two donkeys but their manager recruitment process is one of the best.

Praise indeed - thanks guys. What Kompany has managed is quite something. Yes he was able to spend 21 million but he did so on the back of losing 15 players. For that money he signed 11 players. He was also able to attract some excellent loans (Harwood-Bellis, Beyer, Maatsen and Tella). Our style has undergone 180 degree switch.

There is hope we can improve HOWEVER we do face losing Tella back to Southampton and Zaroury to the Cup Of Nations which could weaken us. Also a risk teams come in for some of our players in January - or worse our manager! We've also only really had one "bump" in the road, the Sheffield United game. Can we respond if we lose a couple on the bounce, do we have what Dyche called "a strong jaw"? I wish the season could end tomorrow but we still have 22 games to play and everything can change yet.

• Like 2

I got some stick on here for saying Blackburn would do well to get within 30 points of us and I stand by it.

I think we’ll get 100 points plus this year so that would have Blackburn getting in to the 70’s.

We’ve sold a lot of players but the parachute payments make a massive difference at this level. £25 million in the Prem gets you maybe one and a half decent players but it gets you loads in the Championship. You have to buy well (which we have), but after that we should go up.

I think we’re in for some slappings next year when we go back up again, and will likely come straight back down. But the gulf is huge ….. and it’s only getting bigger I’m afraid. It does need looking at.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DavidBrent said:

I got some stick on here for saying Blackburn would do well to get within 30 points of us and I stand by it.

I think we’ll get 100 points plus this year so that would have Blackburn getting in to the 70’s.

We’ve sold a lot of players but the parachute payments make a massive difference at this level. £25 million in the Prem gets you maybe one and a half decent players but it gets you loads in the Championship. You have to buy well (which we have), but after that we should go up.

I think we’re in for some slappings next year when we go back up again, and will likely come straight back down. But the gulf is huge ….. and it’s only getting bigger I’m afraid. It does need looking at.

A club like Burnley (and Rovers) will always struggle to survive in the modern Premier League. Even if you get every single decision right, ultimately, someone will poach your best players, manager, DOF and you can’t get every decision right forever. 

You’ll go up this year, may well win the league, but as you say next year will be a battle. As a spectacle I’m very much of the opinion that watching your team winning in the Championship is more fun than watching your team struggle to compete in the Premier League. The sooner the European League comes the better. 

• Like 5

You didn’t get stick for saying it, a load on here didn’t necessarily disagree, it is because of your general gloating tone seen joining . 

How long (and how much abuse would they get) if a Rovers fan posted like you’ve been doing on UTC? You’re just lucky that this is a pretty placid place.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, J*B said:

A club like Burnley (and Rovers) will always struggle to survive in the modern Premier League. Even if you get every single decision right, ultimately, someone will poach your best players, manager, DOF and you can’t get every decision right forever. 

You’ll go up this year, may well win the league, but as you say next year will be a battle. As a spectacle I’m very much of the opinion that watching your team winning in the Championship is more fun than watching your team struggle to compete in the Premier League. The sooner the European League comes the better. 

Agree with every word of this.

2 hours ago, DavidBrent said:

i would`nt say the gulf is massive,maybe in the six but there are plenty of dreadful sides in the lower half of the premier league,no reason why any club can`t survive,brighton,brentford and fulham are prime examples,they are all smaller clubs than burnley and rovers as well

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt say the gulf is massive,maybe in the six but there are plenty of dreadful sides in the lower half of the premier league,no reason why any club can`t survive,brighton,brentford and fulham are prime examples,they are all smaller clubs than burnley and rovers as well

Not now they’re not.

• Like 2

If we pitched up in the Premier league next season with the squad we've got (I know, I know it won't happen) we would be record breakers for all the wrong reasons. 

Probably bigger than afc Bournemouth I agree... Brighton???? Maybe. The problem is that they are light years ahead in terms of playing personell.