Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Songs To Play At Your Funeral


Recommended Posts

Without trying to be too morbid, what music would you like to go out to?

As people are filing in, I would like “Festival Time” by The San Remo Strings to be played. After the eulogy, I would like everyone to hear/sing along to “Morning Has Broken” by Cat Stevens.

Finally, as people start to get restless or realise they are at the wrong funeral, it has to be a Rolling Stones number. I haven’t decided which one yet, but I don’t think “Time Is On My Side” would work. Maybe Stonesrick could offer some ideas. So, come on everyone let’s have some uplifting ideas for your own farewell, it’s not that depressing, certainly not as depressing as Rovers under the Venkys.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Surprisingly less jam songs than I expected 

My musical tastes are eclectic and in truth I rarely play The Jam these days, I just occasionally take a notion for a particular album. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

My musical tastes are eclectic and in truth I rarely play The Jam these days, I just occasionally take a notion for a particular album. 
 

 

All Mod Cons is a regular in my house. 

I also have a fondness for the modern world. 

 

Never really got into the style council though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Upside Down said:

All Mod Cons is a regular in my house. 

I also have a fondness for the modern world. 

 

Never really got into the style council though.

Yeah the Modern World album is actually pretty good (apart from Bruce’s contribution!). Very important stepping stone into All Mod Cons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On a very similar but happier theme, when my daughter was getting married and her and future husband were looking for a song for the first wedding dance, my wife chimed in with “I’ve always liked with or without you”. 
 

Bloomin’ with or without you on your wedding day. 😂

Edited by den
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, den said:

On a very similar but happier theme, when my daughter was getting married and her and future husband were looking for a song for the first wedding dance, my wife chimed in with “I’ve always liked with or without you”. 
 

Bloomin’ with or without you on your wedding day. 😂

This would have been better, at least it's upbeat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.