BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Songs To Play At Your Funeral

Without trying to be too morbid, what music would you like to go out to?

As people are filing in, I would like “Festival Time” by The San Remo Strings to be played. After the eulogy, I would like everyone to hear/sing along to “Morning Has Broken” by Cat Stevens.

Finally, as people start to get restless or realise they are at the wrong funeral, it has to be a Rolling Stones number. I haven’t decided which one yet, but I don’t think “Time Is On My Side” would work. Maybe Stonesrick could offer some ideas. So, come on everyone let’s have some uplifting ideas for your own farewell, it’s not that depressing, certainly not as depressing as Rovers under the Venkys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

My musical tastes are eclectic and in truth I rarely play The Jam these days, I just occasionally take a notion for a particular album. 

All Mod Cons is a regular in my house. 

I also have a fondness for the modern world. 

Never really got into the style council though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Upside Down said:

All Mod Cons is a regular in my house. 

I also have a fondness for the modern world. 

Never really got into the style council though.

Yeah the Modern World album is actually pretty good (apart from Bruce’s contribution!). Very important stepping stone into All Mod Cons.

On a very similar but happier theme, when my daughter was getting married and her and future husband were looking for a song for the first wedding dance, my wife chimed in with “I’ve always liked with or without you”. 

Bloomin’ with or without you on your wedding day. 😂

Edited by den
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, den said:

On a very similar but happier theme, when my daughter was getting married and her and future husband were looking for a song for the first wedding dance, my wife chimed in with “I’ve always liked with or without you”. 

Bloomin’ with or without you on your wedding day. 😂

This would have been better, at least it's upbeat.